Jim_Iain - Le Bellot 9/11/2023 - Live Post - First timers on Ponant

Jim_Iain

Since your reviews inspired us to follow in your footsteps, I.e. Iceland-Greenland on Summit, and soon Japan on Millenium, I am excited about your trip on the Great Lakes. I grew up on the other side of Lake Ontario, Rochester NY, and the Lakes are special. Safe travels, and have a wonderful time!

A perfect day to fly.   The pilot pushed back 10 minutes early and we were airborne quickly.  They are expecting a 30 minute early arrival time. 

T-Mobile not only offers free International Roaming but also gives free internet on United. 

Premier Section all middle seats are open and we have spacious Exit row seats. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, soccermommy said:

Since your reviews inspired us to follow in your footsteps, I.e. Iceland-Greenland on Summit, and soon Japan on Millenium, I am excited about your trip on the Great Lakes. I grew up on the other side of Lake Ontario, Rochester NY, and the Lakes are special. Safe travels, and have a wonderful time!

Thanks.    I have to admit excitement is increasing by the minutes. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I haven’t worn a mask in about 6 months but have decided to don one at least for our flights.  

Out of an abundance of caution we also had another Covid shot 3 weeks ago.  

IMG_6507.thumb.jpeg.5a5d3b450330be6705e8ed4240b05e08.jpeg

With the new, highly contagious variants, that is very wise. Fortunately, they don't appear more serious, but COVID is certainly still with us. Wishing you and Iian a fabulous trip!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, LisaLeone said:

With the new, highly contagious variants, that is very wise. Fortunately, they don't appear more serious, but COVID is certainly still with us. Wishing you and Iian a fabulous trip!

Those were my thoughts.     Actually wearing masks on the airplane was a good idea,  I heard a number of passengers couching and hacking.   I was hoping to get an RSV shot but Kaiser won't have a supply until mid September.

• Like 2

We got in around 9:00 PM (Central)  and just settled in.   For those that don't know me I love technology and always bring a Roku an Firestick along.  It took me a little bit of fiddling to get them logged on to the Hotel's free wifi.    They have both a free wifi and a premium.   Maybe because it is was a Saturday but the speeds pm the free one are really good.

IMG_6522.thumb.png.7f43af4cf57d98cfd240c54f3437b052.png

Edited by Jim_Iain

Looks like a beautiful day in Milwaukee.    We got up to cloudy skies but must be typical lake effect.   The clouds have burnt off and skies are turning blue.

We had a quick free breakfast at Residence Inn.   Nice layout with the regular scrambled eggs, pastries, cereal and pancake an  waffles.   

I decided to make myself a waffle while Iain had pancakes. 

The hotel was kind enough to give us a late checkout tomorrow and said they would be happy to store our luggage.

• Like 1

Checking on Le Bello -  She is at Mackinac Island today.   When checking CruiseMapper was surprised to see that they must Tender as she is sitting outside the harbor entrance.     I guess we will get our first Zodiac experience.

image.thumb.png.67a1e4b688c1c9dee8466882a31eccf7.png

• Like 1

Our first task today was to scope out Wisconsin Pier where Le Bellot will Bert tomorrow. 

Our hotel is right on the river.  First impressions is that Milwaukee is a beautiful city with lots of cultural and artistic elements. 

IMG_6526.thumb.jpeg.c6e8b7ed17f3c13dca48035f883d83d7.jpeg

IMG_6528.thumb.jpeg.26c50efe06c4a06692e29a26612d9aca.jpeg

• Like 4

There aren’t much information except the pier.  I guess they will set up some tents or something as it’s supposed to rain tomorrow 

First up is finding where Le Ponant will port tomorrow.   Only information we have is Milwaukee Pier Cruise Dock.   Well here it is.  Not a lot of infrastructure.

IMG_6548.thumb.jpeg.38d7180a64ef2d1e2ca0375715890760.jpeg

IMG_6549.thumb.jpeg.51f3db71563531d80f6a24372f34dd8f.jpeg

IMG_6550.thumb.jpeg.8f18a546d8c921a097f5bd377321a3b5.jpeg

IMG_6555.thumb.jpeg.6a95a9b5dfca7ca8a0b641413e01a152.jpeg

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 5

13 hours ago, jwlane said:

Do you have glasses to match all your shirts?

LOL --- No... but I use to have about 5 different colors.    After my eye surgery I just have one pair now.   The reason for so many was that as I got closer to surgery I had to get 5 new prescriptions in less than a year. 

Yesterday someone in the elevator said I should have put on my Purple shirt... We looked down and both Iain and I were in Purple.    Definitely not planned but we often ask "What Color are you wearing today"  so we don't look like the Bobsy' Twins.

• Haha 5

Got up early and Le Bellot was approaching Milwaukee.   We have a late checkout so later this morning we are going to walk down to the Pier and check out the layout of the land.   So little information is provided by Ponant.

We also have to track down and get a requested picture of "The Fonz". 

image.thumb.png.4b6baa10a87aeec50a2f8702f5e2c9cf.png