Joy riding our Idalia in Bermuda

NewPennCruiser

3 hours ago, JGmf said:

I have to believe there will be some compensation of something for the reduced length of your cruise.  Keep us updated if you will as I'm assuming that decision, the messaging, will come later on.

(Sorry this screwed-up your plans, esp coming from the UK.  Agree that missing those two US ports, esp Boston, is a let-down).

Enjoy your cruise.

In the disappointment of seeing the changes I missed the piece about the pro rata refund. God it was covered up Fri t and sorry I did not spot that. Looking forward to boarding Tuesday 😊

2 hours ago, eppler said:

Email says they will prorate the cruise (including prepaid gratuities) for the lose of the one day.  Also said they would reimburse port taxes for Portland and Boston.

Seems fair since there is nothing they can do about it.  I am not one to blame and demand stuff when it is based on weather.

Not saying you are either, but some folks amaze me with demands in cases like this.

I agree. Was disappointed to see the changes as was so looking forward to Boston & Portland and missed the info on pro rata refund. It’s helpful to know and these things happen 

3 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

I’m sorry that the weather has wreaked havoc with your cruise, especially given the  distance you’ve traveled. I suspect something will be forthcoming from NCL by way of compensation. 

In the meantime, enjoy the unexpected time in New York. Plenty to do there! And enjoy your cruise — you still have some terrific ports. 

Thanks so much. Great place to be stranded for an extra day 👍😊😂

• Like 2

3 hours ago, gmbhardy said:

I’m on that cruise and I don’t think that’s fair since I will incur an extra night hotel stay and meals. NCL should throw in some FCC.

In the disappointment I missed the pro rata refund but so that’s good to know. Thanks 🙏 

6 hours ago, gmbhardy said:

I’m on that cruise and I don’t think that’s fair since I will incur an extra night hotel stay and meals. NCL should throw in some FCC.

OMG! Ship happens. 

If you are not prepared to roll with problems when they arise traveling, best stay home. Life doesn't come with compensation.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Homosassa said:

OMG! Ship happens. 

If you are not prepared to roll with problems when they arise traveling, best stay home. Life doesn't come with compensation.

It’s easy to be “Confucius” when the issue doesn’t impact you.

• Like 2

On 9/3/2023 at 4:15 PM, gmbhardy said:

It’s easy to be “Confucius” when the issue doesn’t impact you.

No, it is easy to be "Confucius" when one is an experienced traveler (land, sea, and air) and knows that sometimes everything does not go to plan and that one must be prepared to change plans or incur extra expenses.

On 9/3/2023 at 9:34 AM, Norway97 said:

Seems some people have not read the details in The email. Disappointment, yes, but compensation for loss of day and port fees seems fair.

pro rata refund?

so you get back 1/7 of your cruise price?

Edited by fstuff1