I found a GREAT price for a Haven Suite, and here it is!

Sthrngary

4 hours ago, FredZiffle said:

It would be extremely helpful when you post these deals, you include the ship, the date, the cabin category, and the price.  I'm seeing too many screen grabs that are lacking enough information for someone to follow up if they're interested.

Good point...

Mine is on the Epic, sailing October 2, 2023 for 11 days out of Marseille in a 2BR Haven Suite...as follows...

Important Terms & Conditions

Cruise $ 4550.68
Add-ons $ 259.60
Taxes & Fees $ 148.27
Total Amount (USD) $ 4958.55
Total Paid $ 4958.55
Paid in Full

Please pre-register at www.ncl.com to obtain your electronic boarding documents.

CRUISE DETAILS

Cruise Line NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE
Ship NORWEGIAN EPIC
Deck DECK 16
Itinerary 11 NIGHT EUROPE - CLASSIC MEDITERRANEAN
Start Date 10/02/2023 (11 Nights) 
Dining Open
Category / Cabin No. H6 - THE HAVEN 2-BEDROOM FAMILY VILLA WITH LARGE BALCONY / NO. 16xxx
Cruise Line Res # xxxxxxxx

PASSENGER DETAILS
# Full Legal Name Departing City Depart Date Insurance DOB
1 Mr.xxxxxxxxxxx Cruise Only  10/02/2023  Declined  xxxxxxxxxx

IMPORTANT INSURANCE INFORMATION
At least one, or more, passengers have chosen to decline travel insurance. We STRONGLY recommend travel insurance as a way to protect your investment in the case of unexpected or unforeseen circumstances that may cause you to cancel or delay your plans. If you would like to purchase travel insurance, please notify us immediately.

PASSENGER CHARGES
Description 1
Cruise Fare  $ 4550.68
Beverage Package Service Fee  $ 239.80
Dining Package Service Fee  $ 19.80
Tax / Fees  $ 148.27
PASSENGER TOTAL  $ 4958.55

ALSO INCLUDED
Beverage Package (Per Person for xxxxxxxxxx)  
Note: UNLIMITED OPEN BAR PACKAGE 
150 Minutes Internet Package (Per Person for xxxxxxxxxx) 
$500 USD Onboard Credit (Per Person for xxxxxxxxxx)  
Note: World Points $200 On-Board Credit Certificate; Certificate per cabin - Non-Refundable; AMEX US $300 On-Board Credit Certificate per cabin - Non-Refundable 
$50 USD Shore Excursion Discount (Per Person for xxxxxxxxxxxx)  
Note: Per Excursion 
2 Nights Specialty Dining (Per Person for XXXXXXXXXX) 
Dinner at French Restaurant (Per Person for XXXXXXXXXX) 
Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DaggoB said:

Oops. Just realized it is a solo cruise. Sorry. 

No issue.  I sail solo a lot, recently.  Sometimes NCL has a solo rate that does not include a solo supplement. This isn’t one of those.  I’m paying the fare for 2 to sail solo.  But, I don’t have to pay taxes, fees, tips, etc for a 2nd person, so that saves a little.

On 9/6/2023 at 1:02 PM, rattla said:

This has come down another £375pp again today.  A great deal for a 2-bed?

£4,435 (c.$5,633) for 2 people

£4,817 (c.$6,118) for 4 people, or £109.50 a night (c.$139 per night) !

IMG_1127.jpeg

On 9/6/2023 at 4:31 PM, Beamco said:

One of several Prima and Viva cruises I am tracking right now- all at least 10 days:

PRICE SUMMARY
STATEROOM
2 Guests
  • The Haven Penthouse with Balcony 
    $6,366 
    70% Off 2nd Guest
    $4,137.90
FREE AT SEA
  • Open Bar
    Selected
  • Specialty Dining
    Selected
  • Shore Excursions
    Included
  • WiFi
    Included
+MORE OFFERS
  • 70% Off 2nd Guest
    Included
GRATUITIES
  • Open Bar Gratuities 
    $436 
  • Specialty Dining Gratuities 
    $39.60 
Subtotal
$4,613.50

Would love to know when/where/what ship these are for!

• Like 1

Ok y'all, some one on Cruise Critic needs to book this deal! I already have a vacation planned to the desert southwest. Otherwise, we'd absolutely book a flight to Europe and go. $4,264 for two in a Haven room. The Deluxe Owner's Suite is available too, at less than $7,500 for a week. Incredible!!

image.thumb.png.2b87a69505663ac88c86915b0bb40c94.png

Edited by cruiseny4life
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Ok y'all, some one on Cruise Critic needs to book this deal! I already have a vacation planned to the desert southwest. Otherwise, we'd absolutely book a flight to Europe and go. $4,264 for two in a Haven room. The Deluxe Owner's Suite is available too, at less than $7,500 for a week. Incredible!!

I agree, there are some great Haven deals to be had on the Epic these days! 

38 minutes ago, df5250 said:

Prima, 12/1, 14 day repositioning, Haven Penthouse -263 PP per night, $3688.75 PP plus taxes and fees with 35% deal. 

Including gratuities its actually $8,043.50 for two people or $287 pp/pn ... but still an amazing deal if you ask me. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, KKB said:

Would love to know when/where/what ship these are for!

Sorry I thought it showed the date, but was only the ship and the days - that was 1st October from Southampton (on Getaway).

there’s a similar sailing on 12th Oct for 10 nights.

getting close though now so quite a few have sold at those prices.

• Like 1

I had this discussion with a friend last nite.  She knows I like to cruise but doesn't understand the comparisons to land based vacations.  

Comparing it to my upcoming Epic Haven cruise.  Same dates.  We took Vegas as a starting point.  Staying on the strip as starting downtown (Fremont) and get a little sleazy.  Using Paris, as it's not the most expensive, nor the least expensive.  Right in the middle.  Not luxurious like the Wynn, but certainly better than Circus-Circus.

Total for 11 nites in a King room is $6,119.  But, that does not include any food, any drink, any entertainment.  That's just for the room.  Or, about $1,500 more than the Haven 2 BR suite that includes Concierge, Butler, food, drink and entertainment.  Plus, for the cruise I'll be in France, Italy and Spain.  For Vegas?  I guess you can get an extra cost tour of the Hoover Dam (which is actually pretty cool).

I've looked at "all inclusive" over the years.  Picking a typical spot in Jamaica.  Again, nice hotel...not the best, not the worst....RIU.....$6,011.  Again, about $1,500 more than the Epic cruise, but includes drinks and food.  But, you're stuck and discouraged from traveling outside the resort.

Cruise in a "non-Haven" cabin, and the price delta grows.

In short, that's one of the reasons I keep coming back to cruising.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, graphicguy said:

I had this discussion with a friend last nite.  She knows I like to cruise but doesn't understand the comparisons to land based vacations.  

Comparing it to my upcoming Epic Haven cruise.  Same dates.  We took Vegas as a starting point.  Staying on the strip as starting downtown (Fremont) and get a little sleazy.  Using Paris, as it's not the most expensive, nor the least expensive.  Right in the middle.  Not luxurious like the Wynn, but certainly better than Circus-Circus.

Total for 11 nites in a King room is $6,119.  But, that does not include any food, any drink, any entertainment.  That's just for the room.  Or, about $1,500 more than the Haven 2 BR suite that includes Concierge, Butler, food, drink and entertainment.  Plus, for the cruise I'll be in France, Italy and Spain.  For Vegas?  I guess you can get an extra cost tour of the Hoover Dam (which is actually pretty cool).

I've looked at "all inclusive" over the years.  Picking a typical spot in Jamaica.  Again, nice hotel...not the best, not the worst....RIU.....$6,011.  Again, about $1,500 more than the Epic cruise, but includes drinks and food.  But, you're stuck and discouraged from traveling outside the resort.

Cruise in a "non-Haven" cabin, and the price delta grows.

In short, that's one of the reasons I keep coming back to cruising.

@graphicguy Agree 100%. And after living in Bermuda for a long time, we love and miss the island.

However, flights in and out from Florida are 600-$1200, plus staying in Bermuda at a non-resident rate is extraordinarily expensive. For flights for three people + five nights in a hotel + meals could be thousands of dollars more expensive than a cruise out of New York or Boston, which have three nights in Bermuda. 

At the Haven price point, it’s still cheaper to take a cruise vs flying from Florida to Boston / NY. 

Alas, we are waiting for the perfect Gem class from the East Coast to Bermuda, and cannot find any that fit our schedule for 2025 (where are you NCL Gem?).

warmest, Amy

4 hours ago, amygutman said:

@graphicguy Agree 100%. And after living in Bermuda for a long time, we love and miss the island.

However, flights in and out from Florida are 600-$1200, plus staying in Bermuda at a non-resident rate is extraordinarily expensive. For flights for three people + five nights in a hotel + meals could be thousands of dollars more expensive than a cruise out of New York or Boston, which have three nights in Bermuda. 

At the Haven price point, it’s still cheaper to take a cruise vs flying from Florida to Boston / NY. 

Alas, we are waiting for the perfect Gem class from the East Coast to Bermuda, and cannot find any that fit our schedule for 2025 (where are you NCL Gem?).

warmest, Amy

Bermuda has a warm place in my heart.  Went there for the first time about a dozen years ago on the Breakaway…first time in the Haven.

The bad news was it was a last ditch effort to work out deep troubles between me and my (then) wife.  The good news….it was the last trip I had to take with my (then) wife. 😉  As such, I spent a lot of time exploring by myself and cherished Bermuda not only for its beauty, but how it replenished my soul when I needed it the most.

Just rode around on the busses with the school kids and the locals jumping on and off wherever looked interesting.  Plus, I loved using the local “water taxi” (which has since been supplemented by NCL’s own water taxi).  Everyone, and I do mean EVERYONE, was kind and welcoming.  It ranks as the most stunningly beautiful places I’ve ever visited.

As you say, going and staying there on anything other than a cruise would be way more expensive.  Got an overview from the locals about property rights and how difficult it is to move there from the “outside world”.  

How long ago did you live there?

Edited by graphicguy

2 hours ago, graphicguy said:

The bad news was it was a last ditch effort to work out deep troubles between me and my (then) wife.  The good news….it was the last trip I had to take with my (then) wife. 😉  As such, I spent a lot of time exploring by myself and cherished Bermuda not only for its beauty, but how it replenished my soul when I needed it the most.

LOL, we have more in common than just a love for Italian food and Kentucky bourbon, I see.

• Haha 4

21 hours ago, Yinster said:

That’s excellent…particularly for a new ship.

8 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

I have a theory….no proof of this being true…just my hypothesis.

I think NCL is aggressively going after the MSC YC business on their home turf in Europe.  

NCL’s Haven prices in Europe have been outstanding the last few months.

@graphicguy Good theory.  I have a different one.  NCL miscalculated the fares.  They saw all these folks paying incredibly high Haven Fares and thought, HUM, let's keep the up there.  What they were not taking into consideration was all the "Future Cruise Credits" and "heavy discount %" they gave making those high fares, "OK".  They also did not take into consideration the demand would be high and then level off.  What they are finding out is the demand on certain cruises are going down.  Just, yet another theory.

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

@graphicguy Good theory.  I have a different one.  NCL miscalculated the fares.  They saw all these folks paying incredibly high Haven Fares and thought, HUM, let's keep the up there.  What they were not taking into consideration was all the "Future Cruise Credits" and "heavy discount %" they gave making those high fares, "OK".  They also did not take into consideration the demand would be high and then level off.  What they are finding out is the demand on certain cruises are going down.  Just, yet another theory.

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

Could be that, too!  LOL!

• Haha 1

I think NCL seems to be doing targeted discount pricing to a certain demographic.  Like their bidding process, no one is able to make heads or tails out of it.  But, with the recent (last 6 months or so) 20%-50% off promos for Alaska, the cheaper fares for Europe, it seems they’re trying to capture market share from certain passgenger groups (I believe “frequent cruisers” who sail multiple cruise lines are the targets).

NCL has made a significant investment in Alaska.  And now, want a bigger chunk of Europe’s cruise business.  

One thing’s for certain, they’re being aggressive in those markets.

• Thanks 1

On 9/18/2023 at 9:05 AM, graphicguy said:

Bermuda has a warm place in my heart.  Went there for the first time about a dozen years ago on the Breakaway…first time in the Haven.

Just rode around on the busses with the school kids and the locals jumping on and off wherever looked interesting.  Plus, I loved using the local “water taxi” (which has since been supplemented by NCL’s own water taxi).  Everyone, and I do mean EVERYONE, was kind and welcoming.  It ranks as the most stunningly beautiful places I’ve ever visited.

As you say, going and staying there on anything other than a cruise would be way more expensive.  Got an overview from the locals about property rights and how difficult it is to move there from the “outside world”.  

How long ago did you live there?

@graphicguy As Mark Twain Said in 1936 "Americans on their way to Heaven call at Bermuda, and think that they have already arrived". Lived in Hamilton for over 2 years right on Victoria next to Court Street. 

It's ... just...well, there are no words. Don't get me wrong - as you figured out it's a hard, expensive life, very distinct "haves vs have nots", and just the everyday challenges of living on an island. Covid times were awful - separated from my family due to quarantine for over 6 months. One hospital on an island in which half the population did not trust the medical establishment and only limited hospital beds and resources. Rationing of medical care was a terrifying reality I will never forget. 

But - "stunningly beautiful" does not cover it. 3 days on a cruise is not enough...heck, after 2 years we were still discovering new nooks and crannies. It's the people that make the island unforgettable though - along with beaches and views to make you weep. Here's a photo of my daily work commute...not a bad view. 

image.thumb.png.89be03f66ec75e67a9d3fb2c7b84b934.png

Moongates at most beautiful hotel in the world (in my humble opinion) - The Hamilton (Pink) Princess...

image.thumb.png.1b372f52521a92cca0bd66a65fdba60b.pngAnd I truly left there with my heart literally on my sleeve...the pink sand, blue waters, and humpback tails that makes Bermuda my heart home forever...

image.thumb.png.762b192255394f8b19b7af6925625bfa.png

Warmest Amy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, amygutman said:

@graphicguy As Mark Twain Said in 1936 "Americans on their way to Heaven call at Bermuda, and think that they have already arrived". Lived in Hamilton for over 2 years right on Victoria next to Court Street. 

It's ... just...well, there are no words. Don't get me wrong - as you figured out it's a hard, expensive life, very distinct "haves vs have nots", and just the everyday challenges of living on an island. Covid times were awful - separated from my family due to quarantine for over 6 months. One hospital on an island in which half the population did not trust the medical establishment and only limited hospital beds and resources. Rationing of medical care was a terrifying reality I will never forget. 

But - "stunningly beautiful" does not cover it. 3 days on a cruise is not enough...heck, after 2 years we were still discovering new nooks and crannies. It's the people that make the island unforgettable though - along with beaches and views to make you weep. Here's a photo of my daily work commute...not a bad view. 

image.thumb.png.89be03f66ec75e67a9d3fb2c7b84b934.png

Moongates at most beautiful hotel in the world (in my humble opinion) - The Hamilton (Pink) Princess...

image.thumb.png.1b372f52521a92cca0bd66a65fdba60b.pngAnd I truly left there with my heart literally on my sleeve...the pink sand, blue waters, and humpback tails that makes Bermuda my heart home forever...

image.thumb.png.762b192255394f8b19b7af6925625bfa.png

Warmest Amy

Amy…thank you so very much for the first hand experience.  COVID was scary times for us all….even moreso when you don’t know what will happen if you contracted it, with the possibility of no medical safety net, given the death rates at the time.

Can see the “have vs have nots” atmosphere.  Talking to locals, I heard that story over and over.

Incredible pics….and lovely memories.  You can carry those with you for a lifetime.

I’ve been back 3 other times.  Would go back tomorrow given the opportunity.  Seems the place carries a lot of life lessons hidden all over the place.

Assuming you are asking if I have ever sailed in the GEM?  I have.  It’s my favorite Jewel Class ship.  It’s not a “mega-ship”, but it’s also not small and boring.  Now, it’s been a while (maybe @mking8288 can comment how long ago, as we were on the same cruise).  

I think it’s probably been refurbished since.  But, I loved the ship.

Again, thank you for sharing.

PS…I dig the tat!

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, amygutman said:

It's the people that make the island unforgettable though

We have only visited once, this past May.  Both my husband and I said in all our travels we have never ever met more friendly…and polite locals.  We rode the bus picking up the local children after school. They acknowledged the bus driver, engaged the adults in conversation, gave helpful information to the tourists.  No phones stuck to their faces.  It was so refreshing to witness.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1