Reservations on Oasis-class

mafig

It has been a couple of years since we've been on an Oasis-class ship.  I do recall that reservations were required for some events/shows before boarding.

What events need reservations?

When do they open up?

We are in a suite.  It used to be (I think) that suites did not need reservations.  Is that still the case?

44 minutes ago, mafig said:

It has been a couple of years since we've been on an Oasis-class ship.  I do recall that reservations were required for some events/shows before boarding.

When do they open up?

We are in a suite.  It used to be (I think) that suites did not need reservations.  Is that still the case?

The suite concierge will email about a week before your cruise and should book the shows.

Not every ship has the same shows. So just to list what shows I booked may not be your shows. I'm on allure in 2 weeks and booked a 5th show, blue planet or blue something. Not on other ships. I have 5 booked. Also mama mia, comedy, ice skating and diving. 

There is also suite seating for many shows set aside until 15 minutes before the show if you want to sit in the suite saved area.

• Thanks 1

Also, about 30 days out, generally when check-in starts, watch the Entertainment section of the Cruise Planner.  On Oasis-class they will have the ability to reserve show times as well.  I did that for our cruises earlier this year even though we were in suites.  Online reservations do go quickly.  So, if not available, do as Firefly suggests.  Wait for the email from the Suite Concierge and send the days and times that you want.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, mafig said:

Are Coastal Kitchen reservations made with the Concierge  when he emails?

We have made all of our show and dining reservations when the concierge sends the email. Both Coastal Kitchen and any specialty dining. 

The shows that will take reservations would be the ice show, Aqua show, production show(s) and comedy show.

May not need it for all of them as they will have a standby line. We would rather have the reservation if if is something we want to see—- easier to plan the day.

mac_tlc

7 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

We have made all of our show and dining reservations when the concierge sends the email. Both Coastal Kitchen and any specialty dining. 

The shows that will take reservations would be the ice show, Aqua show, production show(s) and comedy show.

May not need it for all of them as they will have a standby line. We would rather have the reservation if if is something we want to see—- easier to plan the day.

mac_tlc

Here’s a list of shows from the august 20 sail.  Not to be missed Frozen in Time and the Aqua Show.  Jason Bishop the illusionist was fantastic, plus a great sense of humor. Unfortunately he may not be on Oasis. 

IMG_1956.jpeg

• Like 1

First time with Royal since the 90s....  Going on Oasis in a few weeks and didn't realize I needed to reserve show seats on the app.  The comedy, water and etc is all sold out.  I was smart enough to do my time dining reservations, but didn't think about the shows.  As a solo cruiser without a reservation can you normally get a seat?  I am guessing people went through and reserved every single show, but may not actually go to each one.

Edited by Pinballs83

4 minutes ago, Pinballs83 said:

First time with Royal since the 90s....  Going on Oasis in a few weeks and didn't realize I needed to reserve show seats on the app.  The comedy, water and etc is all sold out.  I was smart enough to do my time dining reservations, but didn't think about the shows.  As a solo cruiser without a reservation can you normally get a seat?  I am guessing people went through and reserved every single show, but may not actually go to each one.

When you first get on, go to the "box office" they have set up at either Blaze or Spotlight Karaoke (hoping someone else can chime in with exact location for you) and they will help you reserve your shows and activities for the week. They keep some spots open for guests who weren't able to arrange these ahead of time. Another option is to show up early and wait on the standby line - they release available seating 10 minutes before each showtime.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, mafig said:

When do they open up?

Grand suite and above will get a email approx 5 days before sailing, concierge can reserve shows and restaurants, no reservations needed for CK for breakfast or lunch just dinner . There will be reserved seats for ice and aqua shows but still need reservations. Comedy show fills up fast . Pre Covid we didn’t need reservations but did on last cruise.

6 hours ago, Pinballs83 said:

The shows are not really sold out. As soon as you board, go into the app and the openings will all be there. Except for the comedy club.