Does going platinum lower carnival cruise rate

JOHN 57

we will be on the Carnival venezia 29 September for 15 days, and we come back I estimate 17 cruise days before going platinum.  My question does going platinum lower carnival cruise rates?  If so how much, thank you.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JOHN 57 said:

we will be on the Carnival venezia 29 September for 15 days, and we come back I estimate 17 cruise days before going platinum.  My question does going platinum lower carnival cruise rates?  If so how much, thank you.

You have rcl and carnival mixed up. Carnival has no perks for loyalty discounts on price. 

The answer is nope. Doesnt affect the price you pay at all. 

• Like 5

Carnival platinum here and the answer is no, however being in the VIFP loyalty programme at any level can have savings on some sailings. I have looked at cruises on the Carnival website without logging in to get a price and there are savings for the same cruise when I log in with my VIFP number. This also applied when we were Red and Gold on the loyalty programme. It doesn't work for all cruises, I'm considering the Transpacific on Panorama next year and the price is the same if I log in and when I look at it without logging in.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, JimmyTheSaint said:

Carnival platinum here and the answer is no, however being in the VIFP loyalty programme at any level can have savings on some sailings.

and there you go. VIFP offers are targeted marketing and Carnival doesn't divulge why some get what and others don't. Your VIFP level (like Platinum) could be a factor.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Not what you asked john, but each has different perks. On carnival platinum gets you priority debark. I enjoy this. Breeze we didnt dock until 10 am because we had to rescue some guys and their dog. I'd hate to be at the end of the line. I was in the theater and we sat in line to get off.

Never been a perk on royal.

Small thing but solo can book gty. On royal the gty option, requires solo to book a fake 2nd pax to get the rate then now they are cracking down on these and not giving the extra solo point if you booked 2. Carnival is so much more straightforward. 

Platinum gives you 2 days early to check in for arrival times. 16 days instead of 14. 

Enjoy whatever the line offers, and dont worry what someone else offers if you want the cruise. 

When you hit 25 cruises on carnival there is a obc reward. You will probably hit this while you are platinum. 25% of what you paid as obc. 

Just to name a few perks I've enjoyed with carnival. I've always gone back and forth. I didnt hit diamond on carnival without enjoying a few of their extras. Just not the same. I lean one way or the other depending on the current booking market. I wish their was a way to get mardi gras or jubilee for less but so far there isnt. 

Not a perk, but I love the lobster rolls carnival has, so reasonable. I wish dream had the seafood area, but alas and alack, it had indian food there last time I was on. .. and let's not forget better burgers and white pizza. And the pizza is hand made. I dont mind waiting a bit longer for better crust. Rcl pizza imo is so bad, I just eat the toppings. Dont like their prepared crust already sauced. 

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Not a perk, but I love the lobster rolls carnival has, so reasonable. I wish dream had the seafood area, but alas and alack,

Dream has a Seafood Shack. Same deck, opposite side from Pizzeria. It replace Tandoor. I think in 2017. I know I ate there in 2019.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Dream has a Seafood Shack. Same deck, opposite side from Pizzeria. It replace Tandoor. I think in 2017. I know I ate there in 2019.

Awesome news. I googled it and it said indian still there, though I also like indian. Been a while since  I was on dream. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

and there you go. VIFP offers are targeted marketing and Carnival doesn't divulge why some get what and others don't. Your VIFP level (like Platinum) could be a factor.

Your VIFP is definitely a factor; once you get platinum or Diamond, they know you’ve “paid your dues” and give you a better rate.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KarmaCruisers said:

Your VIFP is definitely a factor; once you get platinum or Diamond, they know you’ve “paid your dues” and give you a better rate.

I don't think this is true at all. I've been PLATINUM forever and don't see any difference in the actual cruise pricing. I think this means you get pestered a lot with cruises as PLATINUM identifies you as an "addict" of sorts. LOL

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Not what you asked john, but each has different perks. On carnival platinum gets you priority debark. I enjoy this. Breeze we didnt dock until 10 am because we had to rescue some guys and their dog. I'd hate to be at the end of the line. I was in the theater and we sat in line to get o

Enjoy whatever the line offers, and dont worry what someone else offers if you want the cruise. 

When you hit 25 cruises on carnival there is a obc reward. You will probably hit this while you are platinum. 25% of what you paid as obc. 

Yes, I love the debark advantage. Usually home so early the entire day is saved and available instead of the day wasted fighting all the lines and hold ups.

I found out by accident the 25% OBC on your 25th cruise. Really surprised me and the WHITE CARD (usually reserved for Diamonds) that come with it caused a lot of attention for me.

I don't worry anymore what perks come from Platinum. The whole thing has been so degraded from the "ole days" that I don't really give it much of a thought. As Firefly says just pick out something you like at a price you like and go with it and enjoy. It's all good. 😄

• Like 4

1 hour ago, KarmaCruisers said:

So I'm turning diamond and for sure my rates are not reduced in any way from what I see on other cruise web sites. Sorry but I don't believe this. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, glrounds said:

Yes, I love the debark advantage. Usually home so early the entire day is saved and available instead of the day wasted fighting all the lines and hold ups.

I found out by accident the 25% OBC on your 25th cruise. Really surprised me and the WHITE CARD (usually reserved for Diamonds) that come with it caused a lot of attention for me.

I don't worry anymore what perks come from Platinum. The whole thing has been so degraded from the "ole days" that I don't really give it much of a thought. As Firefly says just pick out something you like at a price you like and go with it and enjoy. It's all good. 😄

My 25th cruise was so special. I got invited to a special officers party. And wow the food. I'm talking such special I've never seen as good before. It was wonderful.  Nothing I've ever seen before or since on carnival. And pictures at the party. 

I agree it was a special treat. I have a lap blanket next to me on the sofa from that cruise and all the obc. I bought a fleece jacket too with wolves and bears. I still get compliments on it. It was my cruise on miracle to alaska. I still say that has been my best ever cruise and yes it was on carnival. When people post princess is the way to go .. I loved carnival to alaska. Honestly my very favorite cruise.

If rcl didnt give me 25% off my solo rate after the $250 balcony discount, I'd be doing  more on carnival, but my wallet says do the bargain rates as long as they last. Nothing lasts forever.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/17/2023 at 1:16 PM, jimbo5544 said:

Imagine that, 20+ billion in the hole for being shut down against their will for 19 months, and we do not get an hour to shovel down as many free drinks as we can.  That stinks.🫠

We well put, Jimbo

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

So I'm turning diamond and for sure my rates are not reduced in any way from what I see on other cruise web sites. Sorry but I don't believe this. 

Agreed. I’ve been doing mock bookings for me, my husband and our two boys in two cabins. For the second cabin, the pricing once I enter their VIFP numbers, is exactly the same as mine. I’ve been pricing a lot of cruises and I never have a better price. 

ETA I’m the only one that is platinum. They are gold and red.

Edited by momof3cruisers
  • Like 3

on the 15ish carnival cruises i have done, only a handful of those cruises had a slight VIFP discount rate. these days is it rare to get any discount. the past passenger/vifp rate is usually the same now except with maybe some obc there and there

• Like 2

On 9/3/2023 at 9:09 PM, Chief93 said:

For some reason, even though 3 in my party are Platinum, my 84 year old Gold Status mother got an offer for the Cheers package for both cabin mates for $75.  Total.  Not each.

So this just verifies that Platinum status means squat.  Your 84 year old gold status mother was target marketed for the Cheers deal she got.

• Like 1

LOL in the exact OPPOSITE of the "pay your dues" theory, on about my 4th or 5th cruise I was upgraded AT NO COST at the pier from an inside to an outside. I was so naive those days I thought it was some kind of "trick" Carnival was pulling on me until I discussed it with person issuing the cabin key. What a goonie newbie I was . . . . LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I don't really think it matters. if you've been cruising with carnival for any amount of time, they know what cat you're getting. For awhile, I was only interested in balconies.. now, they know I will spulrge on a suite. So, they get me offers for suites.

As you progress through life, you hit certain points where your income has grown. So, your vacation dollars will grow. Carnival wants your vacation dollars and will try and target them.

• Like 2