Wifi Pricing without HIA

Desert Cruisers

I need clarification about the cost of wifi without the HIA add-on.  I looked under the FAQs on the HAL website.  The Surf package is listed at $29.99/day but then there is a double asterisk with a footnote about packages.  The example given was a 7-day package at $18/day.

Does anyone know if there is a further discount for a longer cruise?  We have an upcoming 14-night transatlantic.

Is there a Mariner discount? We are 3-star Mariners.

Thanks.

Pre-pandemic and pre-StarLink launch, when there were three levels of wifi, Premium bought pre-cruise was just a little more than Surf bought on board. While I don't know if that is still true, you can check the rate for Premium on your cruise:

Under the "BEFORE YOU LEAVE / 321 Days Until Departure

find * Purchase Packages & Gifts (click)

Under PACKAGES & GIFTS, click Internet

You will see Premium Internet Plan (Price) and Multi-Device Premium Internet (price).

Do not be fooled to think you need the Multi-Device if both want to access as long as you can live with not using AT THE SAME TIME.

The only Mariner discount is Up to us$30 credit toward any internet package for Five Star only.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, crystalspin said:

The only Mariner discount is Up to us$30 credit toward any internet package for Five Star only.

The 5* benefit only applies to plans purchased on board. No 5* discount if purchased in advance.

• Like 1

Current prices are $29.99/day Surf Plan and $34.99/day Premium Plan if purchased onboard

Here are prices for several Premium Plans bought before the cruise:

• 7-Days $127.99 (one device) and $183.99 (four devices on same account)
  • 9-Days $155.99 (one device) and $227.99 (four devices on same account)
  • 11-Days $179.99 (one device) and $267.99 (four devices on same account)
  • 14-Days $267.99 (one device) and $319.99 (four devices on same account)
  • 15-Days $223.99 (one device) and $343.99 (four devices on same account)
  • 17-Days $251.99 (one device) and $389.99 (four devices on same account)

It is certain that buying before you cruise is very cost effective.

Edited by Crew News
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've been looking at Wi-Fi for our upcoming 21-day.  HIA is $2100 for the 2 of us but only includes the Surf W-Fi package.  We would like the Premium Wi-Fi package (FaceTime with grandkids).  Is there a way to upgrade to the Premium Wi-Fi if we decide on HIA?

We are new to HAL but not new to cruising.

2 minutes ago, isosika said:

I've been looking at Wi-Fi for our upcoming 21-day.  HIA is $2100 for the 2 of us but only includes the Surf W-Fi package.  We would like the Premium Wi-Fi package (FaceTime with grandkids).  Is there a way to upgrade to the Premium Wi-Fi if we decide on HIA?

I upgraded two phones to the Premium Plan last year on the Rotterdam HIA (7-Day) when I first logged in to the internet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, isosika said:

Yes. it was $50 for 14 days to upgrade for one device.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, crystalspin said:

Pre-pandemic and pre-StarLink launch, when there were three levels of wifi, Premium bought pre-cruise was just a little more than Surf bought on board. While I don't know if that is still true, you can check the rate for Premium on your cruise:

Under the "BEFORE YOU LEAVE / 321 Days Until Departure

find * Purchase Packages & Gifts (click)

Under PACKAGES & GIFTS, click Internet

You will see Premium Internet Plan (Price) and Multi-Device Premium Internet (price).

Do not be fooled to think you need the Multi-Device if both want to access as long as you can live with not using AT THE SAME TIME.

I did look online and found the prepaid rates for Premium service but not Surf service.  On the cruise, we will not be using Facetime or other video apps so the Surf package may work for us.  Does anyone know if you can prepay for the Surf package?

Just now, Desert Cruisers said:

I did look online and found the prepaid rates for Premium service but not Surf service.  On the cruise, we will not be using Facetime or other video apps so the Surf package may work for us.  Does anyone know if you can prepay for the Surf package?

I have not seen that option being available

6 hours ago, Crew News said:

Current prices are $29.99/day Surf Plan and $34.99/day Premium Plan if purchased onboard

When I looked online, it was giving me a prepay price of $207.99 for 14 days. This was for a single device which is all that we need.

Does anyone know what the prepay price for just the Surf package might be?

32 minutes ago, Desert Cruisers said:

When I looked online, it was giving me a prepay price of $207.99 for 14 days. This was for a single device which is all that we need.

Does anyone know what the prepay price for just the Surf package might be?

You cannot prepay for Surf, only Premium. So many people are getting Surf with HIA that I don't think anyone has posted their Surf rate. You can figure it will be less than Premium prepaid, but not by a whole lot!

As far as a "single device" be advised that is a single device at a time. You can use more than one device and more than one person can use the plan. Just one at a time. ETA: the second person trying to log on will have the option to kick the other person off! No warning for the first person!

Edited by crystalspin

5 hours ago, isosika said:

For what it's worth, we were able to do Whatsapp video calls with the HIA Surf Wi-Fi. I don't know if FaceTime is blocked like some streaming apps, but we had no problems with Whatsapp.

• Thanks 1

On 9/4/2023 at 2:15 PM, Crew News said:

Do you know if this is for all ships?  I understand that some of the ships now have the STARLINK system operational so wondering if the pricing on those ships is more? We are doing a 21 day on the Eurodam and the premium plan purchased ahead is $291.99 for 21 to 25 days.   Our issue is that we have lots of ship board credit to use so if I purchase before leaving the price is lower but we can't use the ship board credit to pay for it.  Does anyone have the pricing for the premium plan for 21 days if purchased when on board - would like to see that price.

10 minutes ago, iflyrc5 said:

Do you know if this is for all ships?  I understand that some of the ships now have the STARLINK system operational so wondering if the pricing on those ships is more? We are doing a 21 day on the Eurodam and the premium plan purchased ahead is $291.99 for 21 to 25 days.   Our issue is that we have lots of ship board credit to use so if I purchase before leaving the price is lower but we can't use the ship board credit to pay for it.  Does anyone have the pricing for the premium plan for 21 days if purchased when on board - would like to see that price.

I had planned to use some of my $750 OBC for my upcoming 15-Day Panama Canal cruise to pay for internet but purchased the online Premium Plan today.  There must be something I can spend my $300 savings while onboard.  

Here is the link for onboard pricing:  Internet Pricing

Edited by Crew News

3 minutes ago, Crew News said:

Here is the link for onboard pricing:  Internet Pricing

When I click that link it only gives be the price if I purchase it a day at a time.  From our cruise back in Nov 22 which was 14 days I purchased the premium package on board for $139.99 but I think that included my 5 Star $30 discount so the full price may have been $169.99 or about $12 per day.

40 minutes ago, iflyrc5 said:

When I click that link it only gives be the price if I purchase it a day at a time.  From our cruise back in Nov 22 which was 14 days I purchased the premium package on board for $139.99 but I think that included my 5 Star $30 discount so the full price may have been $169.99 or about $12 per day.

There was a thread months ago about the big jump in prices from the internet table that was popular here on CC.  Until we can hear reports back  from those onboard, the link is all that is available for the latest pricing.

14 minutes ago, Crew News said:

There was a thread months ago about the big jump in prices from the internet table that was popular here on CC.  Until we can hear reports back  from those onboard, the link is all that is available for the latest pricing.

I started another thread asking people currently on board the pricing.  At a minimum I will post the pricing when I board later this month.

13 minutes ago, iflyrc5 said:

I started another thread asking people currently on board the pricing.  At a minimum I will post the pricing when I board later this month.

I will do so as well next month on the Nieuw Amsterdam through the Panama Canal as well as future cruises.  Since I will be finalizing my Meet & Greet with HAL Ships Services next week, I will ask HAL for a price list.

• Like 2

Spoke with a HAL rep in Ship Services today about a 14-night cruise in October. 

Prepay is only available for Premium service at $207.99 for a 1-device plan for a 14-night cruise. That works out to about $15 per day.  There is no prepay Surf package. If we wait until we get onboard, a Surf package for the entire cruise will be $209.99.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Crew News said:

I will do so as well next month on the Nieuw Amsterdam through the Panama Canal as well as future cruises.  Since I will be finalizing my Meet & Greet with HAL Ships Services next week, I will ask HAL for a price list.

Could you ask if a package can be bought mid-cruise?  Let's say we are in port the first 5 days of a 14-night cruise.  Can use cell service to get e-mails during day so don't need wifi.  Could we wait until day 6 to get a package and, if so, how much it would cost?