when can you make specialty restaurant reservations?

sunsetme

1 hour ago, t&atravel said:

Anytime.  As an elite you should have been able to do it once booked.  Go into the app>>dining>>view or book individual daily resos>>+add reso>>specialty dining

It can also be done on the web version.

We are scheduled to cruise in December.  Cruise is fully paid for.  We cannot reserve a time for Sabitini's.  We keep getting an error message.  We tried two different credit cards but continue to get the same error. 

Anyone else having this issue?

Edited by sns1

4 hours ago, sns1 said:

We are scheduled to cruise in December.  Cruise is fully paid for.  We cannot reserve a time for Sabitini's.  We keep getting an error message.  We tried two different credit cards but continue to get the same error. 

It might be helpful if you said what the error message is and at what stage of the selection process it appears.

Edited by t&atravel
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, sns1 said:

Same with me🙁

My Cruise is in January 2024 and I have been able to make Specialty Restaurant reservations for over a month. It might have been sooner but never checked. I made the reservations on the App using both meal Credit and Credit Card. 

• Like 1

This is the message:

An error occured....Your table could not be reserved.

This is at the very end, after selecting the date, time, number of guests and the credit card is put in.  

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, sns1 said:

We decided to try again this morning to book our reservations.  We can't even log into the medallion. 

I assume you mean you tried to log into the app...

Have you tried the web version?  I *always* make our reservations using my desktop PC & Chrome, using the "web version" of the app.  SO much easier to see more than one day at a time and see what you're doing!

web version.jpg

I booked our 7-day December cruise on the Caribbean Princess in late June, just made our final payment. We are new to Princess so we have zero status with them. I went in several weeks ago through the app and reserved 1 dinner each at the Crown Grill and Sabbatini's. I tried to book each one on a sea day to avoid the formal night BS in the MDR, but nothing was available for the 2nd one.

5 hours ago, IndyKid said:

I booked our 7-day December cruise on the Caribbean Princess in late June, just made our final payment. We are new to Princess so we have zero status with them. I went in several weeks ago through the app and reserved 1 dinner each at the Crown Grill and Sabbatini's. I tried to book each one on a sea day to avoid the formal night BS in the MDR, but nothing was available for the 2nd one.

Keep trying periodically.  Space might show up.  Also, I don't think they allow every table to be booked on the App in advance so you can check upon boarding the ship.  (At least they didn't in the past, but not sure since handing out more free SD).

Nothing is working for us.  My husband called Princess this morning.  They told him that Princess is having a log in issue with MANY accounts.  With her help, we are now in the Green lane and have a Sabitini's reservation.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, sns1 said:

Nothing is working for us.  My husband called Princess this morning.  They told him that Princess is having a log in issue with MANY accounts.  With her help, we are now in the Green lane and have a Sabatini's reservation.

To be clear, my "like" is that you are fixed, but it is sad that PCL is not addressing their system issues and seems to take no action unless a guest calls in and specifically complains about a matter.  Whatever was done to fix your records is likely something could be mass-corrected (an educated guess based in years of IT experience implementing software and resolving processing issues).

Questions (not for you to answer of course):  Why does the login issue exist?  What is the root cause?  What is done to correct the matter?  Is this repeatable, or is their a defined pattern to the issue?  Does corrective action "stick", or does the corruption repeat in a few days?

Edited by Steelers36

13 hours ago, kapsgp said:

When you board just go to the specialty restaurant. There has always been somebody there no matter how early we have boarded. We have never had a problem getting a reservation close to the time we request.

On the very few times that SWMBO has wanted to try a specialty restaurant, we just swung by and checked with the waiter standing outside with a menu. They always seem to fit us in.

Much less stressful than trying to make a reservation on a wonky app weeks ahead.

• Haha 1