Seriously now-how many of you are REALLY looking at other cruise lines because of the CEO's changes going on?

Linda W.

11 minutes ago, C4HCG said:

It is your opinion that it’s a mediocre and over-priced product.  And even new cruisers have life experience and are capable of making that judgement despite you thinking with your superiority complex we are naive. I don’t mind people who are of the same view as you, I do mind the derogatory tone of posts like yours. 

I think you initiated the derogatory tone. I was merely giving mho that a very good product has declined and has become overpriced. You can decide for yourself, but I suggest that you try other similar prices lines so that you can make an educated opinion.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, dabear said:

I think you initiated the derogatory tone. I was merely giving mho that a very good product has declined and has become overpriced. You can decide for yourself, but I suggest that you try other similar prices lines so that you can make an educated opinion.

There you go again, I can’t have an educated opinion unless we try other lines? I base my opinion on the price we pay and when leaving the ship, do I feel it was worth that money. So far, all of our 5 cruises have been brilliant value in our opinion. Not you or anyone else can challenge that opinion as it’s our personal judgement on our personal experiences. And not an uneducated opinion at all.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just received interesting email from Virgin Voyages and I quote

”so don’t settle for cutting back to a once a day cabin cleaning service, paying for a suite without exclusive dedicated support, or accepting packages that no longer include covering tips, let us treat you to the kind of luxury cruise experience you deserve.”

thought that was very interesting…Virgin is on our list to try …we actually had a deposit and had to move the trip and were not penalized…now I just have to figure out what to book..

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Susanb10567 said:

”so don’t settle for cutting back to a once a day cabin cleaning service, paying for a suite without exclusive dedicated support, or accepting packages that no longer include covering tips, let us treat you to the kind of luxury cruise experience you deserve.”

thought that was very interesting…Virgin is on our list to try …we actually had a deposit and had to move the trip and were not penalized…now I just have to figure out what to book..

Smart marketing, 101.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Susanb10567 said:

Got the same email. And Virgin is on our bucket list also  if we didn't have an X Ascent booked in December we would be on Virgin

17 minutes ago, Susanb10567 said:

We looked at them last year for a March 2024 Caribbean cruise. To bad their Caribbean intinaries are so limited. Booked with Princess instead. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Susanb10567 said:

Wow! If Celebrity is paying attention, that must sting!

1 minute ago, JaneStarr said:

Wow! If Celebrity is paying attention, that must sting!

Since X no longer has a CEO (only a president; previously LLP was the CEO and President), all these passenger-unfriendly changes are probably being done without a second thought at the parent company level

I quit reading this thread after about 10 pages but for the first time in years we have nothing booked with Celebrity.  We have spent 49 nights onboard over the last year+ and decided not to book any future cruises starting with our experiences in 2022.  Realize the end of '21 and early '22 were magical with so few passengers but now there is not enough staffing and there have been too many cut backs and changes to warrant paying the current fares. 

The menu was so marginal on the Eclipse in May that the chef was adding fish and chips to the menu on many nights because, like us, too many were ordering an appetizer and declining the main course. Also, we had several of the worst menus repeated in their entirety, Cookies were almost non-existent on three of these cruises and none were ever available in Oceanview. Our poor cabin attendant had 20 rooms (Concierge class) so the room was not clean. It was not his fault, he tried but was overwhelmed.

I don't think we are the cruisers or demographic that Celebrity is after and it became more evident with each sailing. The itineraries are now the same as Royal's and even adding Royal's private islands, and itineraries focused on 7 days or less with a smattering of 9 to 12 day cruises thrown in. They are actively promoting the line to families with small children. The drinks have been watered down, fewer bartenders, and shortened hours for alternative dining options, fewer live music options, higher volume...but even with all of this, it is the food quality and availability along with the overall ship maintenance and cleanliness that have made us explore new, or going back to previously sailed, lines. 

We have a river cruise and several land vacations booked and planned and our next cruises will be on HAL, Princess and Virgin - mostly because of their itineraries and their pricing. We have never been disappointed with Princess or HAL, just a different experience.

57 minutes ago, Susanb10567 said:

Shots fired

1 hour ago, Susanb10567 said:

Package to include tips.

Now that's a bright idea.

Much better than " we're going to increase your recommended automated gratuity levels because we can't be arsed to pay our staff a proper wage and who gets what of your tip is none of your business "