Hotels

Susandt

Do you want a hotel on the beach?

A hotel in Old San Juan?

What's your budget?

When will you be staying in Puerto Rico? 

How long will you be staying?

What activities or sightseeing are you planning? 

Do you have loyalty club affiliations or preferences for any particular hotel chain?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, njhorseman said:

Do you want a hotel on the beach?

A hotel in Old San Juan?

What's your budget?

When will you be staying in Puerto Rico? 

How long will you be staying?

What activities or sightseeing are you planning? 

Do you have loyalty club affiliations or preferences for any particular hotel chain?

Staying 2 days pre cruise, 1 day post

i am thinking old San Juan pre and close to beach post

pre want to do a rain forest tour, maybe a food tour

post beach

no loyalty 

42 minutes ago, Susandt said:

Staying 2 days pre cruise, 1 day post

i am thinking old San Juan pre and close to beach post

pre want to do a rain forest tour, maybe a food tour

post beach

no loyalty 

Central OSJ is not close to a decent public beach.

If one books El Convento in central OSJ, then one can use the beach at LC being part of the same group.

39 minutes ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Central OSJ is not close to a decent public beach.

If one books El Convento in central OSJ, then one can use the beach at LC being part of the same group.

Open to ideal of 2 different hotels for pre and post cruise

pre cruise thinking old San Juan

post beach

14 hours ago, Susandt said:

post beach

For mid range decent hotels try Sheraton Old San Juan for pre cruise and Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort for your post cruise stay. 

There are many others...check out prices for your dates and see what fits your budget.  You can come back and ask about specific hotels that appear to suit your needs.

6 hours ago, njhorseman said:

For mid range decent hotels try Sheraton Old San Juan for pre cruise and Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort for your post cruise stay. 

There are many others...check out prices for your dates and see what fits your budget.  You can come back and ask about specific hotels that appear to suit your needs.

Thank you!

21 hours ago, Susandt said:

post beach

Personally, would not stay at either of @njhorseman suggestions.

If it’s just for one night pre-cruise, consider a Guest House, such at Novana and the like, simple, clean, comfortable and in OSJ, then use the savings as a good contribution to splurge on La Concha post cruise.

12 minutes ago, PORT ROYAL said:

If it’s just for one night pre-cruise, consider a Guest House, such at Novana and the like, simple, clean, comfortable and in OSJ, then use the savings as a good contribution to splurge on La Concha post cruise.

The OP stated they were staying two nights pre cruise.

On 9/8/2023 at 1:39 PM, PORT ROYAL said:

@PORT ROYAL Question for you - searching for Novana in San Juan, but only seeing a Navona studios.  Is this what you were referring to?

We booked our cruise pretty far in advance, planning to stay in San Juan a day before and few (4-5) days post cruise. However, when we went to book hotels, prices had gone way way up from when I was first doing my research (essentially double). 

Sheraton Old San Juan is running $366, Courtyard Isla Verde is $437, La Conchada and El Convento are both $477/night...   At that rate for 4-5 days, including other expenses, it would be cheaper to reserve a B2B cruise, flying directly home at the end.

Started to think about Airbnb or boutique / guest houses as an alternative, and those are running around $100.   We've done it before in other cities, but this is our first time in San Juan and I don't know the area.  I'm guessing by your recommendation that you've stayed there and enjoyed it?

7 hours ago, Ixtoras said:

@PORT ROYAL Question for you - searching for Novana in San Juan, but only seeing a Navona studios.  Is this what you were referring to?

We booked our cruise pretty far in advance, planning to stay in San Juan a day before and few (4-5) days post cruise. However, when we went to book hotels, prices had gone way way up from when I was first doing my research (essentially double). 

Sheraton Old San Juan is running $366, Courtyard Isla Verde is $437, La Conchada and El Convento are both $477/night...   At that rate for 4-5 days, including other expenses, it would be cheaper to reserve a B2B cruise, flying directly home at the end.

Started to think about Airbnb or boutique / guest houses as an alternative, and those are running around $100.   We've done it before in other cities, but this is our first time in San Juan and I don't know the area.  I'm guessing by your recommendation that you've stayed there and enjoyed it?

Correct Novana Studios… https://navonastudios.com

Never stayed there, but trusted cruise buddies have and they have repeated bookings.

PS

The same people book Convents and Monasteries in Rome, for the same reason as Novana.  Simple, clean, reasonably priced.  It suits them well.

Edited by PORT ROYAL
PS

• 1 month later...

I am booked into the Cribe Hilton prior to a cruise next March. I’ve been reading some disturbing reviews on this hotel and am wondering if I should make other arrangements. I will appreciate additional information from anyone familiar with the property.

On 9/8/2023 at 4:39 PM, PORT ROYAL said:

A guest house?   Like an AirBnB?

Edited by MotownGirl

17 minutes ago, MotownGirl said:

A guest house?   Like an AirBnB?

Yes, a small basic, no frills, hotel that offers bnb, but it’s clean and comfortable.

Some are in great positions inside OSJ.  
For one night after long travels, many appreciate they are ideal for somewhere to just crash and sleep,

To assist- Ideas

https://www.booking.com/searchresults.en-gb.html?aid=356983&label=gog235jc-1DCAMYkwQouQFCCHNhbi1qdWFuSAlYA2hQiAEBmAEJuAEHyAEN2AED6AEB-AECiAIBqAIDuALRgcqpBsACAdICJDY4ZWE0NGFiLTg1YzktNGM1Mi04NDY0LWU2M2U5ZDA1NTAwNtgCBOACAQ&sid=968340718b1ea8de464724b793cf3b20&city=20154335;nflt=sth%3D98;pptfromtl=23;src=theme_landing_city

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Ideas

3 hours ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Yes, a small basic, no frills, hotel that offers bnb, but it’s clean and comfortable.

Some are in great positions inside OSJ.  
For one night after long travels, many appreciate they are ideal for somewhere to just crash and sleep,

To assist- Ideas

https://www.booking.com/searchresults.en-gb.html?aid=356983&label=gog235jc-1DCAMYkwQouQFCCHNhbi1qdWFuSAlYA2hQiAEBmAEJuAEHyAEN2AED6AEB-AECiAIBqAIDuALRgcqpBsACAdICJDY4ZWE0NGFiLTg1YzktNGM1Mi04NDY0LWU2M2U5ZDA1NTAwNtgCBOACAQ&sid=968340718b1ea8de464724b793cf3b20&city=20154335;nflt=sth%3D98;pptfromtl=23;src=theme_landing_city

Perfect!  Really appreciate this!

On 10/15/2023 at 3:08 PM, ernieb said:

I am booked into the Cribe Hilton prior to a cruise next March. I’ve been reading some disturbing reviews on this hotel and am wondering if I should make other arrangements. I will appreciate additional information from anyone familiar with the property.

I would be curious also. We plan on spending two nights pre-cruise and have been looking at Caribe.  We have been to OSJ twice as a port stop so have no interest in staying there.  Thinking a relaxing resort on the beach.