Intercruise (Cruise Connect)

Mr Blobby

Anyone else had trouble trying to get hold of this company either via the phone or the webpage contact option?

Booked a coach for 3 people for next year. They took my money and I got an order acknowledgment on screen which I screen grabbed fortunately.

Money taken from credit card.

Had no email acknowledgment at all. I have tried calling numerous times and gave up after an hour of waiting. Tried their web feedback/contact us form twice and no response.

Any suggestions before I contact the card company for a refund?

Note: It is possible that I may have mis-typed my email in the original booking but that does not excuse the complete lack of response.

I was given their number by P&O this week and phone was answered after about 10 mins. I was given a ref number and an email confirmation arrived before I put the phone down. I’m not sure if it makes a difference if it is part of the cruise package or if you are paying them direct, it shouldn’t of course, especially if they have your money. Hope you get it sorted. 

1 hour ago, Mr Blobby said:

Don’t suppose you could check if the number you used is the same as the one on their website, 0344 338 8690

Thanks

Welcome to the boards Mr B . I see not off to the best of starts due to the lack of response

from the coach company .

Just read on Trust-pilot and that problem seems commonplace with the coach company .

I have just looked at the coach companies FAQ   and one reads ..

Your selected question  What should I do if I miss my coach?

If you miss your coach, please contact the emergency phone number on your travel voucher and we will do our best to assist you.

Maybe some kind person who is in possession of the above could give you this number to try ?

Good luck 

We have been using Cruise Connect/Intercruises for years and received excellent service. I have never known them to leave any passengers behind and the driver even waited for passengers who were running late. If as you say that you may have mistyped your email address, that might be part of the problem. Try contacting them again at a time which may be less busy.

• Like 1

Turns out I didn’t mistype my email, what they read back to me was the right one. Fair play to them, they sent the booking to me on email straightaway. Lessons learnt from this - if you want to speak to them, call them as soon as they open at 9am otherwise it’s a long wait.

To quote the web, when a company starts putting a message on the phone about an unusually high amount of calls, it’s not. They just don’t want to employ anyone else to handle the call volume!

• Like 3

Not done this particular route but have done the Hilton Park one many times. I don't think there are set stops to be honest. Sometimes we get a stop and others we don't. We never find out until the driver announces the itinerary at the beginning of the journey. Some of the coaches have toilets and some don't...

Yours would be a longer journey so hopefully at least one stop.

1 hour ago, Danamis said:

Not done this particular route but have done the Hilton Park one many times. I don't think there are set stops to be honest. Sometimes we get a stop and others we don't. We never find out until the driver announces the itinerary at the beginning of the journey. Some of the coaches have toilets and some don't...

I have travelled by coach for years,,,,is the ,No toilets’ thing an Intercruises coach,,,every Eavesway/Intercruises coach I have been on has had a toilet.

Can you imagine 50 passengers,half with prostrate problems having one stop in 5.5 hours.😏

From Burtonwood Services where I get on (Eavesway or Intercruises) there is usually no more than 4/5 pick up stops.

Southbound the stop for late breakfast/early lunch is either Warwick Services or Cherwell Valley for the driver to get his break..coming back they do a good run up to Norton Caines services for the drivers 50 min break.

3 hours ago, Danamis said:

Yes I agree about the stops. It is not a timetabled service. The route, and the number of passenger pick ups dictate the route and timings. That is why you need to book it in advance so the route and timings can be worked out. They are in touch with Southampton re any boarding delays. They are also in constant contact with other drivers, and are aware of any holdups and will slow down, or speed up as necessary.

On 9/10/2023 at 12:20 PM, Barbadossunshine said:

Absolutely no issue with them at all first time using this service to book coach for next year, waited a few minutes to get through. Service excellent from individual taking my booking and had email confirmation through as soon as call was completed.

Same here, I booked last night for next year online, email received within minutes with details stating coach voucher would be sent out 21 days before cruise.