Limelight Club

Ilovemygarden

2 minutes ago, Ilovemygarden said:

Morning folks - Kevin Simm and Andy Abraham are listed as the entertainment in the Limelight Club for my forthcoming cruise on Britannia.   Would any of you who have seen them care to comment?    Thanks in advance.

Never seen them but from memory,……

Andy Abraham is a really nice man (ex bin man and X factor) but not a great voice.

Kevin Simm (ex The Voice and Liberty X) has a really good voice so would personally opt to see him in the Limelight.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ilovemygarden said:

Morning folks - Kevin Simm and Andy Abraham are listed as the entertainment in the Limelight Club for my forthcoming cruise on Britannia.   Would any of you who have seen them care to comment?    Thanks in advance.

We are on the cruise before you and have Tom Lister, whom I haven't heard of!

• Like 1

Saw Andy Abraham in April. I had not heard of him, but always enjoy a night in the Limelight Club. The four of us were all impressed. He covered a range of Nat King Cole songs along with a Motown/Soul mix. Andy has a good voice for that music. This was interspersed with interesting chat.

We would recommend.

As the meal is part of the experience, I would just say the three meals I have had in Limelight Clubs on P&O have all been rank.

Obviously just my experience though and the three acts were very good, thankfully!

On Britannia at the mo and going to see Andy Abraham in Limelight tomorrow night. La Voix was amazing last week! When we’d done Limelight in the past, tables were allocated according to when you booked, so early online bookers got the better tables. Now it’s first come first served, so queues build up well before 7pm to try and get the better view. Also we noticed tables at La Voix were now on the dance floor area too, so a much smaller area left for any dancing but closer view for some to the stage I guess. Not sure if that’s the norm now to fit in as many people as possible or just for the most popular artistes. We always enjoy Limelight anyway 😀

• Like 1

We saw Andy Abraham in The Limelight Club a couple of years ago and we thought he was phenomenal.  Lovely chap with a great voice and he was singing classic songs of the genre Gardenseat mentioned above.  We loved it so much we went to watch the whole show again two nights later!!  The pianist was amazing too.  Wouldn’t hesitate to go again. 

3 hours ago, Ginb56 said:

On Britannia at the mo and going to see Andy Abraham in Limelight tomorrow night. La Voix was amazing last week! When we’d done Limelight in the past, tables were allocated according to when you booked, so early online bookers got the better tables. Now it’s first come first served, so queues build up well before 7pm to try and get the better view. Also we noticed tables at La Voix were now on the dance floor area too, so a much smaller area left for any dancing but closer view for some to the stage I guess. Not sure if that’s the norm now to fit in as many people as possible or just for the most popular artistes. We always enjoy Limelight anyway 😀

I read elsewhere that they were reverting back to the old system of seats being allocated at time of booking? 

Let's hope it's in the pipeline... 

Enjoy the rest of your cruise. 

Andy 

• Like 2

On 9/8/2023 at 7:11 PM, GSPG said:

As the meal is part of the experience, I would just say the three meals I have had in Limelight Clubs on P&O have all been rank.

Obviously just my experience though and the three acts were very good, thankfully!

Last time I dined in Limelight Club the meal compared to Epicurean. 

Brilliant fillet of steak. As good as any I've had anywhere. And can remember saying to my wife that the dessert was better than the night before in Epicurean

It was really good. That's last February on Arvia 

• Like 1

On 9/9/2023 at 10:25 PM, Amelia Noylam said:

We saw Tom Lister last November on the Iona, he was excellent. Well worth the extra money.

It's very rare people don't enjoy the acts in  Limelight. Even the ones they don't expect to enjoy

They wouldn't be booked to perform there tbh if they weren't good quality. And certainly wouldnt be asked back on board for a second time if they didn't get rated highly by guests on the first time

32 minutes ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

Last time I dined in Limelight Club the meal compared to Epicurean. 

Brilliant fillet of steak. As good as any I've had anywhere. And can remember saying to my wife that the dessert was better than the night before in Epicurean

It was really good. That's last February on Arvia 

That’s really good to hear.

Perhaps we have just been unlucky, and just another differing account and experience to others.