Pictures of cats. And a few of Carnival Miracle.

BlerkOne

3 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

If you followed my last cruise you know about the feral cat that found us and then had a litter of 4 kittens. Unfortunately, something must have grabbed Hammy (my favorite) because he disappeared shortly after we returned from that cruise, along with a couple of hens.

I've had a few of my ferals disappear over the years that really made me sad. Pretty sure coyote got them.

10 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

If you followed my last cruise you know about the feral cat that found us and then had a litter of 4 kittens. Unfortunately, something must have grabbed Hammy (my favorite) because he disappeared shortly after we returned from that cruise, along with a couple of hens.

That sucks. I had to kill a coyote earlier this summer that kept getting my chickens and ducks. Took me a while but I finally got her and she met the business end of my .308. If she would have gotten one of my bassett hounds that would have been devastating and just didnt want to risk losing one of the dogs.

Edited by stobe1
  • Like 1

Meanwhile, before we could trap mommacita, she had another litter - this time of 6! Meanwhile raccoons were also having babies and that can be trouble for kittens. I'd see the momma moving them around via security cameras now and then, and thought for sure she had lost some.

I have no idea how, but she managed to keep all of them. She's a great momma, but no match for a herd of raccoons. We decided to help her out, and also get her fixed when possible. We snatched them.

kit_DxO.thumb.jpg.ce9b733ffa60b308ca96f1190a410ef6.jpg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, sammee said:

I've had a few of my ferals disappear over the years that really made me sad. Pretty sure coyote got them.

We lost a number of cats to coyotes when we moved to our current property  and before we figured out what was happening. We thought some had just run away, but nope.

We now have some coyote dispatching dogs, but one in particular doesn't always know the enemy. Or it could have been a hawk or owl or a raccoon. Maybe even a snake. I found one of the chickens that a dog probably snatched but none of the others. The circle of life.

16 minutes ago, stobe1 said:

That sucks. I had to kill a coyote earlier this summer that kept getting my chickens and ducks. Took me a while but I finally got her and she met the business end of my .308. If she would have gotten one of my bassett hounds that would have been devastating and just didnt want to risk losing one of the dogs.

A .308 would do it. A neighbor occasionally loses a calf to coyotes, so he is proactively trying do deal with them, which saves me from having to try to deal with them. And our dogs make sure I don't have to.

I should have taken out the mother raccoon before her babies grew, but didn't. Really didn't want to  since one of them is an albino. I mostly just enjoy harassing them with a pellet pistol. They have figured out not to let me see their eyes in the trees.

14 minutes ago, fyree39 said:

I’m on this cruise. Likely our last time on the Miracle. I love this ship. I’m the one who doesn’t do the twisted reach around in the buffet.  It’s chaos up there! Hopefully you got lunch without losing digits. 

All good here. Even scored a window table for two.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

We lost a number of cats to coyotes when we moved to our current property  and before we figured out what was happening. We thought some had just run away, but nope.

We now have some coyote dispatching dogs, but one in particular doesn't always know the enemy. Or it could have been a hawk or owl or a raccoon. Maybe even a snake. I found one of the chickens that a dog probably snatched but none of the others. The circle of life.

The raccoons seem to get along with the ferals. They may bicker over the cat food but nothing major. I caught them playing tug o war one night. Those raccoons know how to use their hands. No matter what spin we put on it, still sucks. I take it hard when they disappear.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, sammee said:

The raccoons seem to get along with the ferals. They may bicker over the cat food but nothing major. I caught them playing tug o war one night. Those raccoons know how to use their hands. No matter what spin we put on it, still sucks. I take it hard when they disappear.

They leave the adults alone. One night Momma was slapping the bejesus out of one of the raccoons eating out her bowl, and all the raccoon did was pick the bowl of food up and back away with it. Momma looked puzzled.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, fyree39 said:

I’m on this cruise. Likely our last time on the Miracle. I love this ship. I’m the one who doesn’t do the twisted reach around in the buffet.  It’s chaos up there! Hopefully you got lunch without losing digits. 

Once Miracle moves to Galveston we can drive there and have at least one cruise already booked out of Galveston. Now that cabins are available, things should be thinned out, but we are still waiting on luggage. Next year we also have Legend and Spirit booked.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

A .308 would do it. A neighbor occasionally loses a calf to coyotes, so he is proactively trying do deal with them, which saves me from having to try to deal with them. And our dogs make sure I don't have to.

I should have taken out the mother raccoon before her babies grew, but didn't. Really didn't want to  since one of them is an albino. I mostly just enjoy harassing them with a pellet pistol. They have figured out not to let me see their eyes in the trees.

We have 4 bassett hounds. They are good trackers but not so good at defending themselves. Plus ours are lazy and dumb.

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, stobe1 said:

We have 4 bassett hounds. They are good trackers but not so good at defending themselves. Plus ours are lazy and dumb.

We have a Great Pyr and a psycho German Shepherd and at times assorted other dogs that people have dumped.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BlerkOne said:

Our late seating on this cruise is 7:45pm (supposed to be 8:15). We'll see how that goes.

New menus aren't here, yet, although these are dated July. Tonight in the MDR:

QR-D1-july2023.pdf 432.03 kB · 0 downloads

QR_AT_WineList_0223.pdf 498.33 kB · 0 downloads

Is that YTD or Late Seating? I would rather have Late Seating at 7:45 instead of 8:15👍