Bidding on YC when Two Separate Bookings - Aurea Balcony and Fantastica Balcony

blueslily

Hello All,

I browsed some posts on here about good luck bidding on YC. Writing to ask about anyone with experience successfully getting two different cabins successfully into YC by bidding. There are two bookings now. One is for an Aurea Balcony. The other is a deluxe balcony with Fantastica experience. Both on same deck. 

Would definitely bid if just one booking. But, not sure to do it if there are two bookings. Yes, they need to be together. Right now the bookings are linked. 

Thoughts? Anyone been lucky in this situation before?

I guess a separate question. It's the same family, but they have 2 separate bookings for the 2 cabins. Wondering about the pros and cons of that. The second cabin has someone that has a bit of medical challenges so it's a higher likelihood that the person may have to cancel and not be able to go. So, I think that was the main reason for 2 separate bookings so that cancelation does not impact the other booking at all. 

Thanks

Bids for upgrades don't factor in linked bookings at all. It is entirely possible one cabin would be upgraded and the other would not. You cannot decline an upgrade after it has been processed, so you would not be able to cancel the one upgrade if the other cabin was not upgraded.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, blueslily said:

Would definitely bid if just one booking. But, not sure to do it if there are two bookings. Yes, they need to be together. Right now the bookings are linked. 

If they need to be together the only safe option is don't bid...

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Mark_T said:

If they need to be together the only safe option is don't bid...

or just pay for both to be in YC...

With that being said, I think there was one person that was able to get two cabins into the YC but honestly, I think that was very (very) lucky of them and it would not be the norm.  Too many unknow factors that play a part in winning the bid, of which we have no clue what they are.

good luck... 

16 hours ago, xcell said:

or just pay for both to be in YC...

With that being said, I think there was one person that was able to get two cabins into the YC but honestly, I think that was very (very) lucky of them and it would not be the norm.  Too many unknow factors that play a part in winning the bid, of which we have no clue what they are.

good luck... 

Ok. Thx