Safety videos

kdog3ss

6 hours ago, kdog3ss said:

When do you watch these? I know that the app shows 3 videos that you can watch now, but isn't there another that you watch on the embarkation day?

I start the muster video on the app while in the hotel prior to heading over to the port. By the time I'm out of the shower the video is over. Then complete the health questionnaire. Once onboard we go to our staterooms, pick up our Seapass cards, leave our carry on (s) and head down to our muster station to be accounted for. We really like the new and improved way of doing the muster drill.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, SPacificbound said:

When you first go to your cabin to drop off your carryons, and then you are supposed to physically go to the muster station.

I assure you are ruffling no feathers if you have a bite to eat before going to your station.  There was one time they weren't even ready for us when we tried to go check in physically before we had lunch.  So, now, we don't ask them to rush.

42 minutes ago, Mauidiver said:

Just make sure you go to your muster station well before the ship is scheduled to depart.  The ship can’t leave until everyone has done it and the repeated announcements get annoying after awhile.

will do

3 hours ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Can you get to your cabin and start the video, then go down to the muster station to check in?

Never thought about that but why not. Try it on your next cruise. I use the app. We just show the crew member our Seapass cards or Xpress passes at the muster station. I can't remember if they even ask if we've watched the video. 

Edited by doghog

21 minutes ago, doghog said:

Never thought about that but why not. Try it on your next cruise. 

I'm thinking of Princess maybe. They require you watch the video before going to the muster station, so we would get to our room, start the video then leave and head to the muster station to check in.  Their TV's also won't let you play anything else till you have watched it.  

4 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

I'm thinking of Princess maybe. They require you watch the video before going to the muster station, so we would get to our room, start the video then leave and head to the muster station to check in.  Their TV's also won't let you play anything else till you have watched it.  

Off topic, does Princess also allow you to go to stateroom when your first board the ship? We'll be on the Enchanted March 2024 but I still plan on viewing the safety drill using the app. 

Back on topic. We really like the new and improved way of doing the muster drill.

54 minutes ago, doghog said:

Off topic, does Princess also allow you to go to stateroom when your first board the ship? We'll be on the Enchanted March 2024 but I still plan on viewing the safety drill using the app. 

It depends.  We have seen it both ways, where you could access the rooms and where you couldn't so YMMV.  If the fire doors are open you can likely drop your bags and leave while closing your door.  Your medallion will work at that time, and then you can meet your room steward later.

Our last 4-5 cruises between 2019 and 2022 we couldn't get there till 1pm, fire doors were closed.  But our two cruises this year on Princess we were able to go directly to our room and drop stuff.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, doghog said:

I re-read the thread.  So, on the Celebrity app, you can watch the safety videos before actually boarding the ship it seems like.  I've never tried that on Princess, so I'm not sure if you can do that or not.  I believe they do require you to watch it prior to going to your muster station, so that is why I said I turn the TV on to the video when we drop our bags, then head to the muster station.  The system recognized I played the video and when I get to the muster station, it shows as completed to the attendant there.  I will have to see if I can watch it on the app before boarding next time.

7 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

So, on the Celebrity app, you can watch the safety videos before actually boarding the ship it seems like.

Just to expand on that a little, you should get a green check next to the video after you've watched it on embarkation day.  That's a simple way to know that it counted.

Regardless, the worst thing that can happen if you show up to the muster station without it counting (or without having watched it) is that you get to watch a crewmember put on a life jacket.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

Just to expand on that a little, you should get a green check next to the video after you've watched it on embarkation day.  That's a simple way to know that it counted.

Regardless, the worst thing that can happen if you show up to the muster station without it counting (or without having watched it) is that you get to watch a crewmember put on a life jacket.  

What acknowledgment is there if you watch the safety drill on your stateroom TV?