Love and Marriage Show.

Butterbean1000

during our cruise, the Cruise Director took a poll of the audience - asking for folks who were married a certain amount of time... 

for the newlyweds, he picked the ones married the shortest amount of time (the couple selected had gotten married that very day on Castaway Cay)

then he chose the couple that had been married the longest (the couple chosen was married for 68 years!  they also won the game  LOL)

and for the one in the middle, he had couples stand up and kiss - and then the audience got to vote on which kiss they liked the best.  The couple that had the loudest cheers got chosen to go on stage.

Edited by angelsfort
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, angelsfort said:

during our cruise, the Cruise Director took a poll of the audience - asking for folks who were married a certain amount of time... 

for the newlyweds, he picked the ones married the shortest amount of time (the couple selected had gotten married that very day on Castaway Cay)

then he chose the couple that had been married the longest (the couple chosen was married for 68 years!  they also won the game  LOL)

and for the one in the middle, he had couples stand up and kiss - and then the audience got to vote on which kiss they liked the best.  The couple that had the loudest cheers got chosen to go on stage.

This is the standard, one of my can't miss things to do on the ship. Soooo funny.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, hard_eight said:

This is the standard, one of my can't miss things to do on the ship. Soooo funny.

Yes!  It's always hilarious!   This was my boyfriends first time seeing it and I've never seen him laugh so much at other peoples jokes 🤣

(he thinks he's a comedian and tends to laugh the hardest at his own jokes LOL someone has to do it).   

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, angelsfort said:

Yes!  It's always hilarious!   This was my boyfriends first time seeing it and I've never seen him laugh so much at other peoples jokes 🤣

(he thinks he's a comedian and tends to laugh the hardest at his own jokes LOL someone has to do it).   

HMMMMM... Maybe it is a hint that you are destined to be the next couple to tie the knot on board, and then be the show's new stars!!  Best wishes!

As someone else mentioned, they look for the shortest married couple and the longest married couple. For the middle couple, it's sort of an audience pick. I think I've seen where it is just a kiss, but also where the couple has to do their best Tarzan impression which can get amusing. 

8 hours ago, angelsfort said:

One cruise, the bride and groom married onboard right before embarkation thought they had a lock but got beat by a couple who got married while in port.  

5 hours ago, LatinaInTexas said:

For some reason our cruise director decided to pick 2 recently married couples and 1 older couple, no middle couple.

I got a cruise director that allowed a still dating couple on stage instead of newlyweds.  There was at least one newlywed couple that wanted to participate.  I think that cruise was also the one where the audience chose the "newlyweds" instead of the middle couple.  The CD also limited the middle couple to 5 - 20 years of marriage.  The CD picked the middle couple.

Edited by Tiger0613

4 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

One cruise, the bride and groom married onboard right before embarkation thought they had a lock but got beat by a couple who got married while in port.  

On my second cruise, the oldest couple was at my dining room table, and the youngest couple was almost at our table as well.  They got beat out by four hours.  Both newlywed couples got married on embarkation day.

My favorite show, too, but it really depends on the interest of the participants.  It seems interest in the game has waned through the years - plenty of near-empty theaters despite capacity sailings.  Due to lack of participants, we've seen "newlyweds" that were in their 60s or 70s, "experienced" couples that were in their late 20s, etc.  On our last cruise, a highly religious couple in their early 30s participated and refused to answer most questions.  Lame.