Do you ask your TA about excursions?

zitsky

I emailed the Engagement Center about an excursion on the Eclipse.  They referred me to my TA.  I was asking how many stops there would be on a 2.5 hour drive.  I assume one, maybe two.  It’s not something I would think to ask my TA about.

1 minute ago, zitsky said:

I emailed the Engagement Center about an excursion on the Eclipse.  They referred me to my TA.  I was asking how many stops there would be on a 2.5 hour drive.  I assume one, maybe two.  It’s not something I would think to ask my TA about.

With a Celebrity excursion there will be WC stops every 1/2 hour , total distance travel will be 10 km 🤣

1 minute ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

With a Celebrity excursion there will be WC stops every 1/2 hour , total distance travel will be 10 km 🤣

Please don’t mention WC as I don’t want the thread to be deleted for mentioning a bodily function.  😳

Just now, 1025cruise said:

If you have a TA, you are supposed to funnel all your questions through them. That's why they earn their commission.

Will I need to ask my travel agent when there is a problem onboard?  I should hope not.  I am not booking excursions through a TA so it seems natural to ask the company that sells them.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Imo the Celebrity phone reps aren’t really there to help with details, they just aren’t trained to give that level of information. The excursions are set up through a third party even through the ship. I wish there was a lot more detail in them but that’s why CC is valuable to other people to explain their experience is the only way to get that kind of detail. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tigervixxxen said:

Imo the Celebrity phone reps aren’t really there to help with details, they just aren’t trained to give that level of information. The excursions are set up through a third party even through the ship. I wish there was a lot more detail in them but that’s why CC is valuable to other people to explain their experience is the only way to get that kind of detail. 

Well I understand why people book private.  Which I have done a few times.

The problem I found with shore excursions is that they are written to make you think you are getting more than what it consists of.   If you read between the lines and especially after you went on the tour it is basically what they described.  If that makes any sense.  

Read the description very carefully and don’t read more than what is in it.   EX.  You will see the only church on the island.   It is what it reads.   You will see it as you drive past. You won’t go into it.    After getting burned on a few you get to know all of their deceptive tricks.   

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1

1 minute ago, miched said:

The problem I found with shore excursions is that they are written to make you think you are getting more than what it consists of.   If you read between the lines and especially after you went on the tour it is basically what they described.  If that makes any sense.  

Read the description very carefully and don’t read more than what is in it.   EX.  You will see the only church on the island.   It is what it reads.   You will see it as you drive past. You won’t go into it.    After getting burned on a few you get to know all of their deceptive tricks.   

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Are you telling me I won’t get to pet the sea lions?  😭

3 hours ago, miched said:

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

That and Panoramic definitely means bus ride. 

However on one of my excursions I was literally promised a STROLL and it ended up being a 300 ft. Elevation climb hike. DH still enjoyed it but that was very misleading. 

57 minutes ago, tigervixxxen said:

That and Panoramic definitely means bus ride. 

However on one of my excursions I was literally promised a STROLL and it ended up being a 300 ft. Elevation climb hike. DH still enjoyed it but that was very misleading. 

Everything detailed on this Post is why we book private guides and split the cost with one (occasionally two) other couple(s) on the Roll Call.

We agree a detailed itinerary, start and end times, no waiting around, everything done at our pace, avoid the crowds and we stop at local/small cafes for the all important coffee/cake breaks.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, zitsky said:

Will I need to ask my travel agent when there is a problem onboard?  I should hope not.  I am not booking excursions through a TA so it seems natural to ask the company that sells them.

Thanks.

No, onboard issues go to guest services. But if you call the customer support line, they are properly doing their job in redirecting you to your TA.