Alfredo’s a la carte menu

indiesmom

50 minutes ago, Oxo said:

What about one person going into the place and order a takeout for one. Then taking it to the open area where you have tables and then share it with the other person? Or ordering and have it delivered to a location on the ship?

Or are they not allowing takeout? 

WE have Plus. 

I would think that would be okay. Then again, I wouldn't put it past Princess to hire extra people to follow you around and make sure you don't share  😊

• Haha 2

I find it odd that I can't "burn" one of my dining options and just get a single pizza to share. I don't want the appetizer or the dessert. I just want to share a single pizza with my wife without having to pay extra for it. I have no desire to order two pizzas with appetizers and dessert and then just eat a single pizza and leave the rest to be thrown away.

• Like 5

@Thrak  I personally don't think it will be an issue,  there are the law and then there is reality.  ie bartenders will often (with plus package) alternate charging myself and my wife for drinks  even though i was the only one getting drinks, so that did not reach my limit.  even on one of my past cruises there was no issue me buying a drink for someone without the plus package, and we even managed invite someone for a casual dinner using one of our included plus dinners.   

I think it all comes in my experience how one comport oneself on the cruise and with the staff.  Staff do the utmost to let you have an enjoyable vacation and will often try to go the extra mile.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Thrak said:

I find it odd that I can't "burn" one of my dining options and just get a single pizza to share. I don't want the appetizer or the dessert. I just want to share a single pizza with my wife without having to pay extra for it. I have no desire to order two pizzas with appetizers and dessert and then just eat a single pizza and leave the rest to be thrown away.

There is no reason you cannot "hold" the App and "old" the Dessert if you are willing to burn a free visit.  Why would they not go for that since guest is consuming less than what is allowed?

2 hours ago, OccasionalSanta said:

In the past, we were allowed to customize the pizzas a little.... For instance on the Pizza Hawaiiana, I would remove the chicken and perhaps add mushrooms. Is this still allowable under the new regime?

I don't see why not as long as you aren't looking to add one of the key items that comes on the premium pizzas (the $12 ones).  We have also customized and I really doubt they would not continue with doing that.  They are far from ogres on the ships, despite what we may think of some execs in the Ivory Tower at Santa Clarita HQ.

21 hours ago, Thrak said:

I'd like to use just one person's credit and only get a pizza to share. That's all we ever get at Alfredo's anyway. One pizza to share is pretty much perfect for us. I guess I'll find out how it works soon. We board in 13 days.

Will be interested to hear how that works as we almost always split one pizza and each have a glass of wine or drink.

21 hours ago, Thrak said:

I'd like to use just one person's credit and only get a pizza to share. That's all we ever get at Alfredo's anyway. One pizza to share is pretty much perfect for us. I guess I'll find out how it works soon. We board in 13 days.

As consumers, we are looking at this in terms of pizza(s) being the commodity. As the seller, Princess looks at the seat(s) as being the commodity. A seat being used by someone not using their credit and not ordering a la carte is a lost sales opportunity for the seller as that seat could be used by someone either burning a credit or spending cash. So if a person with a Package uses a seat, they have to either use a credit or spend cash. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JimmyVWine said:

As consumers, we are looking at this in terms of pizza(s) being the commodity. As the seller, Princess looks at the seat(s) as being the commodity. A seat being used by someone not using their credit and not ordering a la carte is a lost sales opportunity for the seller as that seat could be used by someone either burning a credit or spending cash. So if a person with a Package uses a seat, they have to either use a credit or spend cash. 

I do not think so, Jimmy.  It has been established there is no issue sharing a la carte items.  In this regard, I cannot see treating a package guest differently than a Standard Fare guest.  Std couple could order a pizza and two beers and share the pizza no issue.  I don't see a problem if one person only had water.  This has never been an issue before.  I think the only complication comes with using the full meal benefits in the Plus package.  Besides a solo diner is going to have an empty chair anyway, so nothing lost/gained if a SO is sitting there playing on their cell phone or reading a book.

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

There is no reason you cannot "hold" the App and "hold" the Dessert if you are willing to burn a free visit.  Why would they not go for that since guest is consuming less than what is allowed?

Ah, but the sharing part is another question and supposedly not.  Guest would need to take away the pizza and consume elsewhere presumably. 

As the changes are just coming about on the ships, guess we will have to wait and see how the ships handle sharing for those on the Plus and Premier packages as there have not been many reports of what is actually going on.  And as we all know, each ship can sometimes run things a bit differently.  

8 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

It has been established there is no issue sharing a la carte items.

In this regard, I cannot see treating a package guest differently than a Standard Fare guest. 

But the a la carte people are spending new money so they get different rules. Package people have already paid their money, and in terms of net outlay, not very much at that. The Packages didn’t increase in price when the change was made, so from an accounting standpoint, little to no money is allocated to the dining venue’s bottom line. Princess wants to increase revenue so it doesn’t want a person using up a seat with draining a credit or draining their wallet.  While you cannot see treating the two classes of guests differently, clearly Princess does. And it can’t be a decision made randomly or out of spite. It is financial. 

Edited by JimmyVWine

9 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Ah, but the sharing part is another question and supposedly not.  Guest would need to take away the pizza and consume elsewhere presumably. 

I have unfortunately never been allowed to take out leftover pizza from Alfredos to enjoy later.  I've tried as I love cold pizza and always have leftovers here and have been told no on numerous ships.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

As the changes are just coming about on the ships, guess we will have to wait and see how the ships handle sharing for those on the Plus and Premier packages as there have not been many reports of what is actually going on.  And as we all know, each ship can sometimes run things a bit differently.  

Sharing for Premier Fare guests should be a non-issue since they can go unlimited number of times, so it wouldn't matter if they ordered one Pizza and were each assessed a visit. 

The only issues/questions (IMO) are what happens in various situations with Plus Fare guests since their visits are limited.

6 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

I have unfortunately never been allowed to take out leftover pizza from Alfredos to enjoy later.  I've tried as I love cold pizza and always have leftovers here and have been told no on numerous ships.

Interesting .. .since at least some of  the same pizzas can be ordered for anywhere delivery to the guest.

1 minute ago, Steelers36 said:

Sharing for Premier Fare guests should be a non-issue since they can go unlimited number of times, so it wouldn't matter if they ordered one Pizza and were each assessed a visit. 

The only issues/questions (IMO) are what happens in various situations with Plus Fare guests since their visits are limited.

My mistake, just Plus then.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

But the a la carte people are spending new money so they get different rules. Package people have already paid their money, and in terms of net outlay, not very much at that. The Packages didn’t increase in price when the change was made, so from an accounting standpoint, little to no money is allocated to the dining venue’s bottom line. Princess wants to increase revenue so it doesn’t want a person using up a seat with draining a credit or draining their wallet.  While you cannot see treating the two classes of guests differently, clearly Princess does. And it can’t be a decision made randomly or out of spite. It is financial. 

Sorry, I don't understand your point.  Are you saying that an a la carte pizza may be shared by some guests and not others, depending on the fare they booked? 

(A Plus guest has to pay if ordering an a la carte pizza and not using one of their credits - or credits are exhausted).

Edited by Steelers36

2 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Interesting .. .since at least some of  the same pizzas can be ordered for anywhere delivery to the guest.

In the past those pizzas weren't available for room service or Ocean Now delivery. Only the "regular" pizza from Room Service (which was most definitely not Alfredo's pizza) were available. Who knows how it works these days.

If they end up using a dining credit for each of us when sharing a single pizza it will be idiotic but, if that's how they want to roll, we still won't order a ton of food we have no intention of eating.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Pizza can be ordered but Alfredo's pizza?  Isn't that the pizza from the top deck that gets delivered? At least that's how it used to be.

6 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

That's only true if two Premier guests are sharing it with each other. But they certainly won't let a Premier guest share with someone who doesn't also have Premier. And setting different rules for Plus and Premier would be difficult to explain and to enforce.

If they allow a Plus guest to share with someone else but don't allow a Premier guest to do so, then they are offering something to Plus that is not included in Premier. Premier is supposed to be an upgrade to Plus that includes everything in Plus and more. I suppose they could let a Premier guest share two casual dining meals but not more than two, but they would really complicate things.

2 minutes ago, NavyVeteran said:

That's only true if two Premier guests are sharing it with each other. But they certainly won't let a Premier guest share with someone who doesn't also have Premier. And setting different rules for Plus and Premier would be difficult to explain and to enforce.

If they allow a Plus guest to share with someone else but don't allow a Premier guest to do so, then they are offering something to Plus that is not included in Premier. Premier is supposed to be an upgrade to Plus that includes everything in Plus and more. I suppose they could let a Premier guest share two casual dining meals but not more than two, but they would really complicate things.

Paragraph 1:  Of course this is true and exactly what I was posting about.  It would be absurd to think a Premier fare guest could order free pizza for a bunch of new-found friends. 

Paragraph 2:  I didn't suggest a Plus guest could share a pizza with just anyone either (same as Premier).  I am not sure what instance you are thinking of where a Plus guest can share and a Premier cannot.  As far as I am concerned, a hungry Premier couple could order three pizzas at no charge.  IDK, do you think they would only allow them each to order one pizza and then have to leave and turn around and line up to come back in to order the third pizza?  I am not sure what scenario you are painting there.

15 minutes ago, Thrak said:

In the past those pizzas weren't available for room service or Ocean Now delivery. Only the "regular" pizza from Room Service (which was most definitely not Alfredo's pizza) were available. Who knows how it works these days.

If they end up using a dining credit for each of us when sharing a single pizza it will be idiotic but, if that's how they want to roll, we still won't order a ton of food we have no intention of eating.

15 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Pizza can be ordered but Alfredo's pizza?  Isn't that the pizza from the top deck that gets delivered? At least that's how it used to be.

I thought I saw several screen posts from Ocean Now taken from a cellphone that a member here posted on another thread.  They showed several pizzas for $8.50 - same price as Alfredo's - and I thought some of the same types of pizza.  I'd have to see it again to be certain, but it led me to believe the pizzas came from there.  Another poster mentioned seeing them boxing up pizzas at the counter for delivery.  Perhaps I am confused on this.  

I would agree that previous generic RS pizza would be from Slice or the general Galley.  I am not certain about the Alfredo's thing, but at least on those ships that have it?  I mean they don't have all the styles for offer at Slice - usually just a couple at a time.

20 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I thought I saw several screen posts from Ocean Now taken from a cellphone that a member here posted on another thread.  They showed several pizzas for $8.50 - same price as Alfredo's - and I thought some of the same types of pizza.  I'd have to see it again to be certain, but it led me to believe the pizzas came from there.  Another poster mentioned seeing them boxing up pizzas at the counter for delivery.  Perhaps I am confused on this.

From the way you described it you sounded as if you had actually experienced this on a ship.  I agree with @Host CJSKIDS, the pizza has always been delivered from Slice and not Alfredo's on the ships that I've been on.  That's not to say that it can't change, things change all the time.  But it's always best to answer based on your own experiences than to echo what others have posted.

Edited by azbirdmom

I know we all think we are a tremendous group of consumers here on CC (and we are) but can you imagine the surprise of the folks who are not on CC (which is a much larger group than we are) and don't even know about these changes?  WE all don't even know for sure how it all works in Alfredo's.....how are they going to figure it out without all the background knowledge we have gleaned here on CC?!  
I wonder how that's working out on the ships?

Edited by suzyed
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

On the Sapphire as regular guests at Alfredo’s early this year we were able to take leftover pizza wrapped in foil on a plate back to our cabin. !Leftover pizza is my go to breakfast.

Edited by kiwimum
  • Like 2