Shoreside concierge

PSU

I was so surprised when Alex, the shoreside concierge for the Ascent, when we asked for Evian and Perrier for our concierge suite, said we would have to go to the Retreat Lounge to get them and that the mini bar was not included with our suite. In the past, the butler brought the water, soda etc. and placed it on top of the mini bar. 
I have sailed in many Celebrity Suites and I have never encountered this. I understand that Sky Suites were encountered this policy, but I didn’t think it included Celebrity Suites.

We will see what the butler says when we get on the ship.

4 hours ago, PSU said:

I was so surprised when Alex, the shoreside concierge for the Ascent, when we asked for Evian and Perrier for our concierge suite, said we would have to go to the Retreat Lounge to get them and that the mini bar was not included with our suite. In the past, the butler brought the water, soda etc. and placed it on top of the mini bar. 
I have sailed in many Celebrity Suites and I have never encountered this. I understand that Sky Suites were encountered this policy, but I didn’t think it included Celebrity Suites.

We will see what the butler says when we get on the ship.

We've sailed in the Celebrity Suite frequently (6 or 7 times) and the mini bar was never included.  In fact we always bought the ensuite bar set-up for approximately $200, which did include some mixers.  In fact we were careful not to use any of the stocked items in the mini bar because there was a price list for the extra cost.  I've been amazed by this entire conversation since I would NEVER have thought to ask the Butler to provide me with something I had not paid for.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Baynanno1 said:

Are you in a Concierge Suite or a Celebrity Suite?

"we asked for Evian and Perrier for our concierge suite"

"I didn’t think it included Celebrity Suites"

It appears the poster meant Celebrity suite.......since concierge class does not have access to the Retreat lounge or have a Butler.

18 minutes ago, SusieAV8R said:

We've sailed in the Celebrity Suite frequently (6 or 7 times) and the mini bar was never included.  In fact we always bought the ensuite bar set-up for approximately $200, which did include some mixers.  In fact we were careful not to use any of the stocked items in the mini bar because there was a price list for the extra cost.  I've been amazed by this entire conversation since I would NEVER have thought to ask the Butler to provide me with something I had not paid for.  

Since the restart and until just the past week or 2 water, soda and beer were provided in our Sky Suites and Celebrity Suites.  The water included Evian.  Telling a suite guest at any level that if they drink the water in the mini bar they will be charged but they can go to the Retreat Lounge or any bar and get it themselves is penny wise and pound foolish.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Since the restart and until just the past week or 2 water, soda and beer were provided in our Sky Suites and Celebrity Suites.  The water included Evian.  Telling a suite guest at any level that if they drink the water in the mini bar they will be charged but they can go to the Retreat Lounge or any bar and get it themselves is penny wise and pound foolish.

It's not necessarily penny wise and pound foolish.  What you and I don't know is how many non-suite guests were being given bottles of Evian, glasses of wine, bottles of beer etc. by their suite class friends or family members which those nonsuite guests were not entitled to.   What we don't know is how many suite passengers were getting their Butler (for an "appropriate" tip, of course) to get them champagne, ensuite dining from the speciality restaurant, etc. which was not included in the price of their fares.  But, Invariably, when people game the system, the system pushes back.  We have met the enemy...and the enemy us.

1 hour ago, SusieAV8R said:

It's not necessarily penny wise and pound foolish.  What you and I don't know is how many non-suite guests were being given bottles of Evian, glasses of wine, bottles of beer etc. by their suite class friends or family members which those nonsuite guests were not entitled to.   What we don't know is how many suite passengers were getting their Butler (for an "appropriate" tip, of course) to get them champagne, ensuite dining from the speciality restaurant, etc. which was not included in the price of their fares.  But, Invariably, when people game the system, the system pushes back.  We have met the enemy...and the enemy us.

Those suite guests can go and get water, soda, beer, wine, drinks, etc at any bar with their Premium beverage package or at the Lounge and provide them to their friends or family if they chose to.  
Maybe some not in high in suites have had dinner from a specialty restaurant for a tip, but I doubt it was many. Those in high end suites could go to the restaurant for free only cost is the butlers time.  
I don’t believe the enemy is us.  I believe the vast majority of suite guests were enjoying what they were sold and paid for, not handing out drinks, water and tips to beat the system.  This is simply nickel and dime penny pinching that is alienating customers. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, SusieAV8R said:

Do you have insider information or are you guessing?