Which ships have no glass on the deck railings?

sqaq0804

I'm trying to research which ships are just railings without glass. I don't like looking at the ocean through glass especially when they aren't that clean. So far I've found Allure of the seas and celebrity summit, are there any more?

3 minutes ago, BruceMuzz said:

There are hundreds of cruise ships on this planet that do not have glass on their railings.

I had a similar thought.  We have been on over 70 different cruise ships, and I could probably count, on my fingers, the number of ships that had glass.  In fact, I cannot even recall the last time we had glass (we no longer cruise on RCI, Celebrity, Carnival)

Hank

19 hours ago, sqaq0804 said:

I'm trying to research which ships are just railings without glass. I don't like looking at the ocean through glass especially when they aren't that clean. So far I've found Allure of the seas and celebrity summit, are there any more?

Are you referring to glass below the railing?  If so, both Allure and Summit are glass.  There might be a few balconies that aren't glass, but the vast majority certainly are glass.  

@no1racefan1 that's great! I've only been on royal Caribbean many years ago brilliance of the seas and last year celebrity apex which both had glass so I just have a skewed perception haha. But I'm now seeing so many ships without it after researching what everyone has suggested. Example pic of the glass I'm used to seeing

Screenshot_20230914-133607.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, no1racefan1 said:

None of the ships I've been on had glass above the railings...am I misunderstanding the question?

I assume OP is referring to glass *below* the top "railing', instead of the metal bars between the top railing and the "floor"/balcony deck.

As an aside, a major pet peeve of ours about those metal railings... I wish they were vertical instead of horizontal.  Horizontal railings almost scream out an invitation to youngsters to "Climb Me!" 😱

(And same thing about horizontal decorative railings near residential stairways or across balcony type landings.  The newer homes don't have the fancy curlique-type metal work, but simple thin bars, and too often... horizontal "ladder-like".  In a large home with several bedrooms, where children are very likely to be living...  Why!!??)

</rant>

GC

2 hours ago, sqaq0804 said:

@no1racefan1 that's great! I've only been on royal Caribbean many years ago brilliance of the seas and last year celebrity apex which both had glass so I just have a skewed perception haha. But I'm now seeing so many ships without it after researching what everyone has suggested. Example pic of the glass I'm used to seeing

Screenshot_20230914-133607.png

Oh I see. Yes, I've never seen this that I can recall. I think it's probably the exception, not the norm.