CCTV

Mayor Kathie

3 hours ago, Germancruiser said:

... we will never know- some day we may read that someone manipulated a CCTV camera in some spa on board some X- ship...

or possibly - tried to sue the shipping line as they were apparently mugged onboard (possibly by a barman over the price of a drink, or likely the future booking manager who extracted their credit card for a future cruise deposit) and it just happened to be in the only area of the ship not under the watchful cover of  CCTV.

or possibly ......... they wanted to try Nude Tai Chi in the early morning light.....

or was caught skinny dipping in the spa (tried that....not as fun as it sounds)

the possibilities abound......any more suggestions???

Edited by roscoe39
  • Like 1

Strange.

Afew years ago, on our last night aboard QV, my wife put out our luggage for collection at 11:00pm.

I returned at midnight and discovered that somebody had stolen my "Fairmont" luggage tag and left the metal band on the deck.

I called security and the first thing I asked was could they check CCTV. I was told there was no CCTV on board. (There is in the engine room etc.).

Edited by BigMac1953

2 minutes ago, BigMac1953 said:

Strange.

Afew years ago, on our last night aboard QV, my wife put out our luggage for collection at 11:00pm.

I returned at midnight and discovered that somebody had stolen my "Fairmont" luggage tag and left the metal band on the deck.

I called security and the first thing I asked was could they check CCTV. I was told there was no CCTV on board. (There is in the engine room etc.).

And there is along the outside so the bridge can see whether the balconies are on fire.

Edited by exlondoner

18 minutes ago, BigMac1953 said:

Strange.

Gutted for you.

I have two beautiful embossed with Queen Victoria, leather luggage tags, gifts  from her naming ceremony, bought in an auction [silly money paid but worth every ££] which will be hand luggage only. Similarly, I have some of my parents' World Voyage leather/brass tags from Sagafjord and Vistafjord world cruises. Again, no way will they go on bags other than hand luggage.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, BigMac1953 said:

Where are the monitors?

I was on the bridge of the QM2 last month and didn't see any monitors.

Perhaps you should have asked? I do remember that they all became very neurotic after a fire which started on a Princess ship balcony. Perhaps they gave up on the CCTV when they installed smoke detectors, which would make sense. Or they could be monitored from somewhere else.

I am Carinthia and there are 6 cameras that I can see from where I am sat. Two over the bar and service counter. They are all over the vessels. For the original question I can't give a precise answer but there are 3 cameras over Pavilion Pool, which I noticed when doing my late night golf report.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pushpit said:

I am Carinthia and there are 6 cameras that I can see from where I am sat. Two over the bar and service counter. They are all over the vessels. For the original question I can't give a precise answer but there are 3 cameras over Pavilion Pool, which I noticed when doing my late night golf report.

How discomforting.