My Time Dining

We-R-Off

We have mainly cruised Celebrity in the past, but our last 2 cruises were with RCCL.  My understanding of My Time was that we could book whenever it was convenient for us.  This was so last year with RCCL & we booked our convenient time for the whole of the cruise & had the same table each evening.

We've just returned from a RCCL that Any Time Dining was from 19:30 only.  This was very inconvenient.

We will be cruising on the Millennium in February, If we booked "My Time" will we be able to book the time that is convenient for us?

32 minutes ago, We-R-Off said:

We have mainly cruised Celebrity in the past, but our last 2 cruises were with RCCL.  My understanding of My Time was that we could book whenever it was convenient for us.  This was so last year with RCCL & we booked our convenient time for the whole of the cruise & had the same table each evening.

We've just returned from a RCCL that Any Time Dining was from 19:30 only.  This was very inconvenient.

We will be cruising on the Millennium in February, If we booked "My Time" will we be able to book the time that is convenient for us?

On Celebrity's website log into your CP, select your cruise, click on "plan my cruise", scroll down to "dining" and click on "view all dining". Scroll down to "Complimentary Dining", click on "Celebrity Select Dining" and click on reserve. Like with RC you will need to complete the reservation process for each evening before selecting additional evenings. 

On the app tap on the "person icon", tap "manage booking", fill in the reservation info, tap "find reservation" and scroll down to "main dining seating time", tap on that and select your dining preference and time.  

Edited by doghog

Thank you. However, the reservation is already locked on Anytime & is not opening for me to chose a time.
if we decide to take Early from 18:00 is there a wiggle time allowed for turning up?

I think this is what we should have done on RCCL. 

The issue on RCCL is that so many people want early dining that the entire dining room is reserved for it, so anytime can't be accommodated until after first seating is over.

While I prefer traditional late dining, from what I recall from my last Celebrity cruise, anytime was show up and wait in line. I don't recall reservations, but my last Celebrity cruise was pre-Covid and I might not be recalling correctly.

41 minutes ago, We-R-Off said:

Thank you. However, the reservation is already locked on Anytime & is not opening for me to chose a time.
if we decide to take Early from 18:00 is there a wiggle time allowed for turning up?

Keep checking for Select Dining to open up. If you decide to go with SD go to the MDR and speak with the person taking requests when you first board the ship. They possibly maybe able to accommodate your SD request time. If not show up when you want to eat and wait to be seated. 

Your wiggle time for TD early meaning showing up earlier or later than 6:00 PM? If so that's what's nice about SD with no reservations. Show up when you are ready to be seated.  

Thanks. I was very dissatisfied with the SD on the last RCCL, we were given terrible seating & even neglected. Twice we were sitting by the kitchen exit. We were moved around table-less until I discussed it with the Captains Club Concierge - after which we were seated & attended too with the service we’re used to. 
As we have not sailed Celebrity since 2020, I just didn’t want to make sure that we won’t have that bad experience again. 

3 minutes ago, We-R-Off said:

Thanks. I was very dissatisfied with the SD on the last RCCL, we were given terrible seating & even neglected. Twice we were sitting by the kitchen exit. We were moved around table-less until I discussed it with the Captains Club Concierge - after which we were seated & attended too with the service we’re used to. 
As we have not sailed Celebrity since 2020, I just didn’t want to make sure that we won’t have that bad experience again. 

I agree, but we've never experiences that as we always have reservations (TD and SD). When we first board the ship we go to the MDR to select a two top in a location we like. Then we speak with the person handling MDR requests and we always have been accommodated with our request. 

1 hour ago, We-R-Off said:

for set 6pm the wiggle time is short as have to be out so they can set up for late diners 

2 hours ago, We-R-Off said:

Agree, RC has screwed up their MTD with later start times. Our last RC cruise was a B2B, March 2022 on the Explorer. We switched back to early TD for both legs due to the late start times for MTD. 

I realized only by the middle of the cruise that if we’d gone to the set time for 18:00 & turned up at 18:30, it was acceptable. That way we would have had our regular table the full length of the cruise. It’s important both for cruisers & staff to have the same table. 

27 minutes ago, We-R-Off said:

I realized only by the middle of the cruise that if we’d gone to the set time for 18:00 & turned up at 18:30, it was acceptable. That way we would have had our regular table the full length of the cruise. It’s important both for cruisers & staff to have the same table. 

I would have hoped that if you showed up 30 minutes late to your assigned dining time you would have been turned away. That's not fair to the wait staff, or the other diners.

• Like 2