Gala night dress

debnjoe1438

On eight day Meraviglia now.  We had elegant night on first sea day and suggested dress on the daily was elegant.  Some dressed up, no gowns or tuxes and few suits/ties.  The cruise website says do your definition of elegant even if its your best jeans.  Just no shorts or tees.  Tonight was the gala menu.  But the daily said the theme was music night and had no suggested dress listed.

17 hours ago, debnjoe1438 said:

Will be going on my first MSC cruise in Dec. Is there a strick dress code for Gala night? Don't want to pack hubby's suit.

Definitely no suit necessary!!! Long pants, closed-toe shoes, and any kind of collared shirt (even a polo shirt) would be more than adequate.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/17/2023 at 5:10 AM, Essiesmom said:

Shirt, shoes and long pants for MDR.  But I have seen shorts.  The ladies tend to dress up more than the men.  It’s a wonderful night for people watching.  EM

Hello Essiesmom,

I'm assuming you have some experience of MSC???

They do 7 night round trip Med itineraries from a port about 2 hours drive from us. This year they're using one of their older smaller ships; Magnifica.

We're not really bothered about port calls and I'm certain we'd be ok for food.

In your experience do you think we'd get dancing every night?

We're not floor snobs and have danced ballroom and latin on some very small floors!

We'd stay clear of school holidays to try and minimise collision issues with kids on dance floors.

Less important; would I need to dress down for MSC? My wife would just wear what she liked, maybe going more cocktail than gown. I'm used to being the only guy in the restaurant here wearing a tie. Is a tux likely to bother other pax? I could just take lounge suits.

I'm not sure we'll do it, but it might be an option if we couldn't do QM2 TAs.

Thanks

MY experience is only cruises from US to Bahamas/Caribbean.  With perhaps 40-50% non-North American guests.  I observed that the European guests tended to dress better than the locals, especially the women.  I think with a cruise in Europe, your wife could dress up as far as she likes.  But you need some input from those who have cruised MSC in the Med.  As far as dancing, there were venues I didn’t visit so I don’t know…but they did have quite a few dance classes.  EM

54 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

MY experience is only cruises from US to Bahamas/Caribbean.  With perhaps 40-50% non-North American guests.  I observed that the European guests tended to dress better than the locals, especially the women.  I think with a cruise in Europe, your wife could dress up as far as she likes.  But you need some input from those who have cruised MSC in the Med.  As far as dancing, there were venues I didn’t visit so I don’t know…but they did have quite a few dance classes.  EM

Thank you.

I'm looking at lots of videos on YouTube and everything else looks ok.

We're not likely to do it any time soon but living within driving range of Toulon or Genoa, it's something we could do on a last minute deal quite easily.