The website is backup but prices are ridiculous

Titan_Cruiser

I was supposed to check in for my cruise yesterday (or Saturday night after 9pm since i'm on the west coast) and I was finally able to do so yesterday evening, but it was like pulling teeth. The website was still definitely very glitchy and kept giving me errors. After over an hour I was finally able to complete check in and I logged in this morning to confirm everything was actually there. Definitely agree that there should have been more testing or something before launching the site. 

I just signed in and the banner shows I cruise in 131 days. When I click it on, it prompts me for a booking number and last name. When I fill that in, it says it can't be found. Is this the glitch or should I be calling? I do have my confirmation number.

I currently have six cruises booked between this Saturday and August 9,2024.  All of the information is available on all of them.  It's possible that you have to add your booking back into your cruise manager.  Near the top of the page right next to where it says Booking & Order Details there should be a drop down.  If it's not there go to where it says (+Manage another booking)

4 hours ago, pblack said:

I was supposed to check in for my cruise yesterday (or Saturday night after 9pm since i'm on the west coast) and I was finally able to do so yesterday evening, but it was like pulling teeth. The website was still definitely very glitchy and kept giving me errors. After over an hour I was finally able to complete check in and I logged in this morning to confirm everything was actually there. Definitely agree that there should have been more testing or something before launching the site. 

There is normally no need to mess around to check in on any particular day. All you need to do is select an arrival time and save. You can do all the rest later when things are working better.

50 minutes ago, 2wheelin said:

There is normally no need to mess around to check in on any particular day. All you need to do is select an arrival time and save. You can do all the rest later when things are working better.

That is true, but the website kept timing out on me for pretty much every step of check in even with jumping around to the different sections. At least it's over and done now and we have 13 days till cruising. 

1 hour ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

I currently have six cruises booked between this Saturday and August 9,2024.  All of the information is available on all of them.  It's possible that you have to add your booking back into your cruise manager.  Near the top of the page right next to where it says Booking & Order Details there should be a drop down.  If it's not there go to where it says (+Manage another booking)

Yep, did that and still comes up "This booking number and last name combination can not be found". Funny that the banner says 131 days to cruising.

10 hours ago, Titan_Cruiser said:

I feel for the team working on it. I am in IT for a large nationwide company. If we took our customer facing website down for two days and it was this bad when we brought it back up there would be a lot of people looking for a job this morning. It is better to be down longer than estimated than to bring it up and let customers see these kinds of issues. There needed to be a lot more testing in QA before the rollout.  

Let's face it, it's Carnival, I'm sure they're not getting the cream of the crop so to speak. Two days to do what? The website worked before. Now most of the cruises I was looking at have disappeared and cruises a year from now almost fully booked with insane prices?

14 hours ago, drvmywifecrzy said:

So did they fix it today?

It had been working fine for me.  I was starting to wonder what all the complaining was about.  Now I can see what had people so upset.  I logged in this morning and all of my cruises are gone.  I tried again just now and I can't even log back in🤪

3 hours ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

It had been working fine for me.  I was starting to wonder what all the complaining was about.  Now I can see what had people so upset.  I logged in this morning and all of my cruises are gone.  I tried again just now and I can't even log back in🤪

Pretty frustrating but hopefully they will get it straighten out sometime. Think I'll give them a call just to doublecheck.

d75389c446c54282b1da9e05cce32f05.pngUPDATE ON CARNIVAL.COM UPGRADE AND POSSIBLE ERROR MESSAGES

Following the release of multiple system upgrades over the weekend, some guests have experienced pricing and/or transaction errors on Monday into Tuesday morning on Carnival.com. For example, during the booking process, the initial fare might appear to be as much as doubled on the initial screen, but as guests continue on through transaction, the correct fare is displayed on the purchase screen. Most of these matters have been resolved and our IT team continues to troubleshoot and resolve isolated issues. If you continue to experience an issue, please clear your browsing data in the tools tab of your internet browser and try again. You may also call 1-800-CARNIVAL for assistance from our guest contact center. Thank you for your patience. We apologize for any inconvenience.

😄😆😆😃😆😆😄😄😆

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:
d75389c446c54282b1da9e05cce32f05.pngUPDATE ON CARNIVAL.COM UPGRADE AND POSSIBLE ERROR MESSAGES

Following the release of multiple system upgrades over the weekend, some guests have experienced pricing and/or transaction errors on Monday into Tuesday morning on Carnival.com. For example, during the booking process, the initial fare might appear to be as much as doubled on the initial screen, but as guests continue on through transaction, the correct fare is displayed on the purchase screen. Most of these matters have been resolved and our IT team continues to troubleshoot and resolve isolated issues. If you continue to experience an issue, please clear your browsing data in the tools tab of your internet browser and try again. You may also call 1-800-CARNIVAL for assistance from our guest contact center. Thank you for your patience. We apologize for any inconvenience.

😄😆😆😃😆😆😄😄😆

Search is still broken for me at least. Tap Search from the main screen, logged in or not, try to set a filter, any filter, result is 

Screenshot_20230919_133426_Chrome.thumb.jpg.5efcb3ce7e4554c475af735a1cd94b5b.jpg

2 hours ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

I guess that's what happens when Carnival's IT department hires from DiscountNerds.com🤣

I've been getting the same screen since Saturday.  DH & I are so excited to look into a couple possible cruises but can't right now.  I also was hoping to pay off my January cruise this week.  I may be waiting until next week since the phone lines could be crowded(I have ??'s so I have to call).

Maybe I just got lucky this go-around, but everything works fine on my browser.  All bookings are there, all Deals are there, search works fine.  For a few days, I had the double price on search screen, but that's resolved too.  Again to mention, it might help to clear your cookies and cache.

6 minutes ago, StephPS79 said:

Maybe I just got lucky this go-around, but everything works fine on my browser.  All bookings are there, all Deals are there, search works fine.  For a few days, I had the double price on search screen, but that's resolved too.  Again to mention, it might help to clear your cookies and cache.

What browser? I've cleared cache & cookies in Chrome which resulted in no change.