The website is backup but prices are ridiculous

Titan_Cruiser

We have been waiting all weekend for the Carnival website to come back so we could look at booking a cruise. It is finally up but I can't believe the prices. I filtered to 5, 6, or 7 day cruises in Jan or Feb 2024. I looked at some before the site went down and I could find cruises for around $500-600 per person. Now they are crazy. With my VIFP number in to get the best deal the Feb 3-8 Sunshine cruise to the Bahamas is $918 per person for an interior room. That's about what I paid for a premium balcony on our Alaskan cruise this summer. Are these prices for real?  

• Thanks 5

noticed the same!

most of my deal offers are not there though.. had 22 different offers on Fri.. now just the 4 basic standard offers are there.. maybe there is still more work to do (maybe not!).. we'll see.. all my future bookings were there with the right details.. so that's something

site is running painfully slow though..

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Titan_Cruiser said:

Feb 3-8 Sunshine cruise to the Bahamas is $918 per person for an interior room. That's about what I paid for a premium balcony on our Alaskan cruise this summer. Are these prices for real?  

Hi @Titan_Cruiser🙂

I just looked up the Sunshine sailing for February 3rd to 8th, 2024. It says $449 per person for an interior cabin.

(See Below)

20230917-222112.jpg

🍹

• Like 2

3 hours ago, broberts said:

In my search results the high prices appear to be cabin price not per person, despite saying otherwise.

Same here for some, others are even more than the cabin price. Makes it hard to scan the list, but the actual price does show up once a cruise is selected. It was heart-stopping upon my first view, though 😂

It will probably be corrected once most people are up for the day and they will wonder what we are talking about. But the insomniacs certainly had an unpleasant surprise!

I feel for the team working on it. I am in IT for a large nationwide company. If we took our customer facing website down for two days and it was this bad when we brought it back up there would be a lot of people looking for a job this morning. It is better to be down longer than estimated than to bring it up and let customers see these kinds of issues. There needed to be a lot more testing in QA before the rollout.  

• Like 8

22 minutes ago, Titan_Cruiser said:

If we took our customer facing website down for two days and it was this bad when we brought it back up there would be a lot of people looking for a job this morning.

Maybe those are the people that are no longer looking for a job because Carnival hired them.🙃

• Haha 5

46 minutes ago, Titan_Cruiser said:

I feel for the team working on it. I am in IT for a large nationwide company. If we took our customer facing website down for two days and it was this bad when we brought it back up there would be a lot of people looking for a job this morning. It is better to be down longer than estimated than to bring it up and let customers see these kinds of issues. There needed to be a lot more testing in QA before the rollout.  

Agreed. Just shut the whole thing down until it is fixed. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Titan_Cruiser said:

I was hoping it would be fixed this morning but no luck. Either they are still working on it or these are the new prices. This specifically say per person not the cabin. 

image.thumb.jpeg.4ece4543451c6909a7d22b52eeb92d73.jpeg

Hi @Titan_Cruiser🙂

Try clearing your cookies & cache. I'm seeing $449 per person.

20230918-105025.jpg

20230917-222112.jpg

🍹

Edited by ObstructedView2
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, 1025cruise said:

John Heald has posted on his page that the site is still glitchy and being worked on.

I don't suppose he provided a mechanism for reporting issues? There appears to be no way I can inform the web maintainers that when a VIFP number and one or more other search filters are provided an Oh Snap message is displayed.

1 hour ago, Titan_Cruiser said:

It doesn't appear there was any formal testing plan used or followed.

Friendly reminder (as another commenter mentioned) to clear your cookies for Carnival's website. While the issues might have to do with the way the site was updated, it's not helpful that your browser is storing pieces of it for later use on what is a "new" site.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

My sailing has disappeared from the website yet it's thankfully still showing up in my planner. I have a 4 day Radiance sailing booked for 4/24/25 but only 6 & 8 day sailings show up when I choose April 2025 from Los Angeles in the search box. I hope it's just a site glitch and they didn't cancel my sailing. 

46 minutes ago, OceanZena said:

My sailing has disappeared from the website yet it's thankfully still showing up in my planner. I have a 4 day Radiance sailing booked for 4/24/25 but only 6 & 8 day sailings show up when I choose April 2025 from Los Angeles in the search box. I hope it's just a site glitch and they didn't cancel my sailing. 

I think it might be a glitch with 4 day sailings. I went to look for one out of Charleston and it is showing no 4 days from there which I know is wrong. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, haehaehaley said:

I think it might be a glitch with 4 day sailings. I went to look for one out of Charleston and it is showing no 4 days from there which I know is wrong. 

I cleared my cookies as recommended in the posts above and now the 4 day sailing is showing again...but only for 4/28/25 so hopefully my 4/24/25 sailing will eventually come back. Pricing thankfully seems to be the same with no crazy increases. 

• Like 1