Veuve Clicquot with Premium Plus Beverage Package

catbro

49 minutes ago, catbro said:

Can anyone please confirm from first hand experience if Veuve Clicquot is included at no additional charge with the Premium Plus Beverage Package Upgrade? Can you also order a bottle as with other wines? Thank you.

Veuve is only sold in Le Bistro. 

Edited by BirdTravels

51 minutes ago, catbro said:

Can anyone please confirm from first hand experience if Veuve Clicquot is included at no additional charge with the Premium Plus Beverage Package Upgrade? Can you also order a bottle as with other wines? Thank you.

If you have a cruise coming up (which I assume you do), you can buy Veuve locally and bring it on board with no charge, assuming you have a beverage package. We buy our own and drink it in the cabin/out on the balcony. A lot cheaper, too!

• Like 1

If one has Premium Plus, could they make a reservation for Le Bistro. Order this amazing, change your world, know your socks off, it's the only champagne (or is it wine) to drink, Veuve and just drink it? I'm thinking yes, correct? Maybe throw an order of snails on the tab too! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

If one has Premium Plus, could they make a reservation for Le Bistro. Order this amazing, change your world, know your socks off, it's the only champagne (or is it wine) to drink, Veuve and just drink it? I'm thinking yes, correct? Maybe throw an order of snails on the tab too! 

A quick question. Is this included with P+, or do you pay the difference between the menu price, and the top limit of the package?

I assume you can't slam free shots of Johnnie Blue all week just because you have the P+ package.

45 minutes ago, IAcruising said:

A quick question. Is this included with P+, or do you pay the difference between the menu price, and the top limit of the package?

I assume you can't slam free shots of Johnnie Blue all week just because you have the P+ package.

Unfortunately, NCL has been changing policies over the last several months and what someone reports today may not be the case a month from now.

We sailed the Prima back in April and Veuve and high end whiskeys (including JW Blue) were included in the P+ package at the time, BUT availability was limited. Many bars ran out of Veuve by mid week and we were never able to order wines or champagnes by the bottle without paying an upcharge (so much for the P+ wine list!). Many of the higher end spirits that we wanted to try were also "out" several times when we inquired (I use quotes because some bartenders managed to "find" some when others at the same bar claimed that it was all gone).

The most recent flyers for the P+ package do not include Veuve at all and many other beverages have been removed from the included list.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

The Pommrey Rose is perfectly fine. We had many glasses last week. 🙂 

For you, fine.  It's an opinion and by definition,  cannot be wrong. 

However,  for me, I can't stand rose.  And a traditional champagne is not a rose.  They should have a standard champagne, no matter the brand.

I also think this was beat to death months ago when the change was made. 

Edited by Yesimapirate
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

Following your hypothetical scenario😀, I imagine this is doable.

But... (just to clarify) cruisers need to understand that from now on, they will be paying for each glass or bottles, with the Premium Plus 40% off the price, plus 20% service charge added.

Plenty of people will remember the way the Premium Plus "used to be," and may not realize that Veuve is no longer included without the Up-charge.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ggTexasGal said:

Following your hypothetical scenario😀, I imagine this is doable.

But... (just to clarify) cruisers need to understand that from now on, they will be paying for each glass or bottles, with the Premium Plus 40% off the price, plus 20% service charge added.

Plenty of people will remember the way the Premium Plus "used to be," and may not realize that Veuve is no longer included without the Up-charge.

Thank you! If I have Premium Plus, I'm not quite sure I want to spend additional money on a boozy drink I know I won't appreciate. But, I was curious about this. Sounds like my hypothetical, yes, but in reality I'll have to pay more. I've been very confused over the last couple months as to whether one could:

a) secure Veuve at all onboard

b) was it included in the package

You've cleared both up. Thank you!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, IAcruising said:

If its part of your package you have paid for it and can "slam" as many shots of it as you would/can any other selection.  That's not to say they might cut you off if you get too slammed.

• Haha 1