Formal Night: Regal Princess

stevenr597

We are sailing Regal Princess, October 9, 2023, on a 15 day Trans-Atlantic.  Does anybody know when the formal nights will be on this cruise.  My wife and I are interested in booking dinner at the Crown Grill, and we do not wish our reservation to coincide with one of the formal nights.

More likely than not, the first formal night will occur on the first full sea day.  This is done so that they can have the champagne waterfall event and introduce the Captain and officers of the vessel.  The only cruise I've experienced that deviated from this pattern is a British Isles cruise where the first sea day didn't occur until the 6th day of the cruise.

6 hours ago, stevenr597 said:

We are sailing Regal Princess, October 9, 2023, on a 15 day Trans-Atlantic.  Does anybody know when the formal nights will be on this cruise.  My wife and I are interested in booking dinner at the Crown Grill, and we do not wish our reservation to coincide with one of the formal nights.

Deleted.  Just realized your doing a WB TA.

Different formal nights on a WB. 
Someone who did a TA from Europe may chime in.

Edited by PacnGoNow

11 hours ago, SCX22 said:

This is done so that they can have the champagne waterfall event and introduce the Captain and officers of the vessel. 

The champagne waterfall on the first formal night?

That must be for European trips. 

When in the Caribbean it's usually the second formal night. 

5 minutes ago, lstone19 said:

Looking at the itinerary, I'd guess the 11th, 18th (maybe 16th), and 22nd.

I'm with you on 11th and 22nd for first and last 

The middle one - yeah, toss up between 16th or 18th. My $$ is on 16th..  but either makes sense..

You might see which nights are scheduled as formal nights in the Journey View activities timeline in the app. Every evening will show either “casual” or “formal” portraits. I’ve seen it populate as much as a couple of months before a cruise.

13 hours ago, MissP22 said:

I see it scheduled on the first formal night in Australia and am pretty sure that’s when it was on the Greenland cruise from NY last month. We don’t normally go so I can’t remember any others.

4 hours ago, Torfamm said:

I see it scheduled on the first formal night in Australia and am pretty sure that’s when it was on the Greenland cruise from NY last month. We don’t normally go so I can’t remember any others.

They definitely do things differently down there. 😉

On 9/21/2023 at 10:58 AM, MissP22 said:

I'm on the Regal in the Caribbean right after this one (leaving the 24th).  The app is already showing the champagne waterfall for the first formal night.  It is on the second sea day. 

11 hours ago, ExploringTheGlobe said:

I'm on the Regal in the Caribbean right after this one (leaving the 24th).  The app is already showing the champagne waterfall for the first formal night.  It is on the second sea day. 

Well that's a new one for me. 😲

On 9/21/2023 at 12:40 AM, SCX22 said:

More likely than not, the first formal night will occur on the first full sea day.  This is done so that they can have the champagne waterfall event and introduce the Captain and officers of the vessel.  The only cruise I've experienced that deviated from this pattern is a British Isles cruise where the first sea day didn't occur until the 6th day of the cruise.

So then when was it held?

2 hours ago, suzyed said:

So then when was it held?

I've been on 2 British Isles cruises and formal night is held on the first day where you will be departing port in the early afternoon, rather than departing in the evening, so passengers have time to get ready should they have the desire to participate.  On one cruise, it was the 2nd night of the cruise when we left Guernsey at 16:00 and On the other, it was the 1st night of the cruise when we left Isle of Portland at 17:00.

• Thanks 1