Allure you CAN use Izumi for BOGO

firefly333

4 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Disagreement is OK as long as it's handled civilly. Gun talk... ummm... yeah, I'd have excused myself too. Same deal, just not something I know anything about so I'd be sitting there with a blank look on my face. Of course, in reality, I'm too introverted to sit with strangers so if I sailed solo I'd probably be at a 2-top posting pics in between courses here on CC, lol.

More like last week exchanging ideas. I'm fairly introverted and was painfully shy younger and blushed easily.

I think this table we got off to a rocky start. I got there first and picked a seat facing the windows the first time I went. The man and wife came in and he loudly said to me at least 3 times I was sitting in his wifes chair. I didnt move. Maybe I should have gotten up, had he said please I would have but he was ordering me, not asking. I guess he is used to giving orders. But who knows. Just ask or say please. I dont take orders well. 2 nights was enough for all of us. No biggie. I doubt any of us will meet again. The 2 woman are from florida. Not too far from where I'm moving though. One is onboard for a course onboard. Nothing for or against any of them. 

Well we got a night of music ahead .. tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

Have you noticed how crowded Wipe Out Cafe has been?

The full version of El Loco Fresh wasn't bad at all on Wonder, especially if you went for a mid-afternoon snack. Just wondering how bad it is on Allure since it's a different layout and they kinda quickly shoved El Loco Fresh food in there when she moved from FL to TX.

You know thinking about it lobster situation is probably a good example. The ex cop pushed, asking to order lobster for the guy who hasnt been back to our table. And got his and pushed hard enough, I'm sure he managed to get 6 free and 2 free for the other woman. The same way he pushed me to change chairs. .. the waiter gave in and got him as many lobsters as he wanted, no cost. So being a ex cop and knowing how to order people around does reap benefits at times. The waiter didnt want to fight with him. 

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

The waiter didnt want to fight with him. 

It puts the waiter in a no-win situation, really. I guess his only out besides caving to avoid the fight would be to get a manager involved but I don’t know enough about the dynamic there to know what management would prefer.

Well we got a night of music ahead .. tomorrow. 

Hope you have a good night!

2 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

It puts the waiter in a no-win situation, really. I guess his only out besides caving to avoid the fight would be to get a manager involved but I don’t know enough about the dynamic there to know what management would prefer.

Hope you have a good night!

The waiter did bring over the floor supervisor and got him involved. The man was still saying to the girls, just watch I'll get you more lobster and pushing every time the waiter walked by. So he tells the floor manager same thing, the girls lobster was stale, they need replacements. Stale? Yes. Repeated to the floor mgr who probably at that point said go ahead and give them another. So it worked. 

The waiter did bring over the floor supervisor and got him involved. The man was still saying to the girls, just watch I'll get you more lobster and pushing every time the waiter walked by. So he tells the floor manager same thing, the girls lobster was stale, they need replacements. Stale? Yes. Repeated to the floor mgr who probably at that point said go ahead and give them another. So it worked. 

Hate people who bully others to get what they want , especially people who can't really answer back like the waiter. 

Shared tables are tricky . We've had some marvellous dinner companions, other times, usually because of language barriers, it's been more difficult 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, firefly333 said:

The waiter did bring over the floor supervisor and got him involved.

That’s good to hear for the waiter at least. The supervisor is in the same no-win position but at least it’s part of his job to deal with stuff like that. I don’t like that that guy benefitted from his behavior but there will always be people like that… whom this cynical introvert would watch from his 2-top, lol.

• Like 1

Mixed feelings on leaving tomorrow as usual. First time I've ever complained about my mattress being worn out. The guy last week said his had a dip where his butt was. Mine feels compressed and my pillows lumpy and the gauzy curtain by the balcony door looks old and worn. Needs replacing. No biggie just observations. Harmony which is newer up next. Then a break on carnival dream to new ports. Maybe it will make me appreciate royal even more. But I do want to see costa rica and aruba etc.

As far as my tablemates he was bragging the first night I was there he was getting our table onion rings special. I didnt see them and forgot to ask how they were. The 6th person I hear came 1 night and never came back. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Jane, happy belated birthday.

Bah to bullies who think they are entitled.  Glad you didn't move your chair and stood firm.

This ex cop was so proud of shopping in ports and getting freebies and not a newbie. Said he was diamond. I avoid lines and people. I'm not one to go to diamonds international to get my free charm, or stand in a line even on the ship for drawings or some little freebie, but you've meet me. Jewelry not my thing tbh. Or crowds, or lines. Covid made me more so. 

Different strokes for different folks. But he obviously was going to badger our waiter until he got more free lobster. Being loud and repetitive works. 

I'm a mouse in person. 

• Like 1

Not me but I was waiting and overheard so I wouldnt say where.

Someone had booked excursions in a port and she twisted her ankle and it was swollen but she didnt feel it was broken, so her husband sallied forth to cancel. I'm not sure of the outcome if he managed to get a full refund or not.

They offered 50% finally and he wanted a full refund. They said not without a medical excuse. Well we all know the doctor is $175 to visit onboard and that's if he doesnt insist on x rays to cover  themselves. Dont know what they spent but it could probably cost more to see the doctor than the 50% extra he wanted. I know I know people lie all the time. .. just saying. And having to get a doctor to decide if it was swollen enough to not make her walk on it could cost $$$. 

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

This ex cop was so proud of shopping in ports and getting freebies and not a newbie. Said he was diamond. I avoid lines and people. I'm not one to go to diamonds international to get my free charm, or stand in a line even on the ship for drawings or some little freebie, but you've meet me. Jewelry not my thing tbh. Or crowds, or lines. Covid made me more so. 

Different strokes for different folks. But he obviously was going to badger our waiter until he got more free lobster. Being loud and repetitive works. 

I'm a mouse in person. 

Most of my favorite pieces of jewelry are costume.  Of course, my wedding ring and diamond ring, made from my mother's engagement diamond, are the most precious to me.  I never go for the freebies either.

• Like 2

It would be so easy to slip and fall. The only soft serve ice cream is just past the kiddies pool. They were splashing water out of the pool and the boards were wet and the tread on my shoes not so good for water on wet painted boards. I can understand why its located by the kiddies but it was also a wet place to walk to get soft serve. Last chance I told myself. 

Mike fyi about my in room safe. I did get them to change the battery and yes it opens but the screen read out is broke and I'm guessing they dont have parts. They said type in the number very carefully. If I press too hard sometimes it doubles, like 2 become 2 2. You cant see what you type in with the broken screen. 

Tonight in WJ they have red and white checked napkins for the bakery bread looking festive and some kind of beef and veggies on a stick I took pics of. 

20230930_184059.jpg

• Like 1

On 9/29/2023 at 2:23 AM, firefly333 said:

I was referring to the ones they were putting in our cabins for a while, after they sat out. These were regular WJ cookies except delivered as the chefs treat. I am guessing they got push back as now we have seen other treats. Maybe you arent a high enough loyalty level to remember a time last year they were giving us a plate of cookies in our cabins ..same cookies as WJ. 

Agree the ones in the WJ have been fresh and delicious. They have had my favorites all week, the mudslides and the macadamian cookies. 

Now that you reminded me, I do recall cookies delivered to our cabin. Agree.....those cookies were not fresh as we had on Wonder last week.

Are some topics tabu? Just read someone on my roll call posted they were moved from their cabin without notice and found out bedbugs were discovered. Time for new mattresses. Deck 14 not near me.

Someone beside me I'm thinking crew, entertainment but I cant remember who says hes not surprised his cabin has had a ongoing mold issue. 

On 9/29/2023 at 4:19 PM, Tree_skier said:

Happy belated birthday Jane.  I hope the rest of your cruise is great.  I'm enjoying following along.

I don't know why but I always thought Firefly was a guy. I remember "sparring" with this this poster during the pandemic.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Are some topics tabu? Just read someone on my roll call posted they were moved from their cabin without notice and found out bedbugs were discovered. Time for new mattresses. Deck 14 not near me.

Someone beside me I'm thinking crew, entertainment but I cant remember who says hes not surprised his cabin has had a ongoing mold issue. 

More food pics, less talk of bugs & mold please. 🙈

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 9/29/2023 at 3:19 PM, Tree_skier said:

Happy belated birthday Jane.  I hope the rest of your cruise is great.  I'm enjoying following along.

Yes thanks and next up harmony b2b2b and hopefully this time we get to meet up again and work doesnt call you away. You do work too hard obviously hahahaha. Teasing. Sometimes I know context is hard to tell. 

Looking forward to seeing you and your beautiful wife and then helen and marty of course the following week. 

14 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

More food pics, less talk of bugs & mold please. 🙈

Ask and ye shall receive. So I walked back around and snapped a few. I had the green jello topped with strawberries and it was good and some of the apple crumble, and some watermelon and cantaloupe and 2 of the potato wedges. Another meal no protein but my last meal so I ate what I wanted.

I said to the guy carving I'm taking pictures so he is posing for me pretending to carve. Its lamb. The 3rd one is the apple crumble and vanilla sauce. They just set out a new bowl so you can see its apples baked inside but it was good. Watermelon been good. 

20230930_194550.jpg

20230930_194457.jpg

20230930_194424.jpg

20230930_194342.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks for the palate cleanser. Seems like there’s some varied, unique stuff in WJ at least. The common complaint has seemed to be “not as many options” and I didn’t get there much on Wonder in June (or at all for dinner).

No idea what my wife will eat but I’ve done all I can. I’ll start thinking of myself now… apple crumble with vanilla sauce sounds good.

I lied, one last wife question… was there real ice cream in WJ (usually being scooped by a crew member)?

Edited by OCSC Mike

16 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Thanks for the palate cleanser. Seems like there’s some varied, unique stuff in WJ at least. The common complaint has seemed to be “not as many options” and I didn’t get there much on Wonder in June (or at all for dinner).

No idea what my wife will eat but I’ve done all I can. I’ll start thinking of myself now… apple crumble with vanilla sauce sounds good.

I lied, one last wife question… was there real ice cream in WJ (usually being scooped by a crew member)?

Not that I saw this time. Last dec I saw the ice cream you mention, not this time.

Bet no one ever posted jello pics to you before, though I like the red jello better. I tasted lamb once and didnt hate it, maybe it's something you develop a taste for if you try it when you are young.

We have had all my favorite cookies which in the past are in short supply, mudslides and the macadamia cookies. Finally found the honey mustard salad dressing and mango flavored water in park cafe this afternoon  .. first time I've seen either in 2 weeks. I like the mango water best but it's been missing until today.