Unable to start Check-in

chk-gnt

I was trying to start my check-in and see my account shows a balance due of - $249.10. I know that I don't owe money ,so I think that is maybe stopping my progress. Anyway I can't get hold of anyone at NCL tonight. Wondering if anyone else is having problems contacting NCL.

It's a known issue this weekend and NCL's infamous and highly competent I.T. Dept #cough #cough is aware of it and will fix it - saw a negative balance on our fully paid cruises that are coming up soon - called into and got transferred for the answer.  Support agent said not to worry, it's fine and all good on their screen - whatever that means ... just have to take their words for it and trust them to do the right thing by next week.  Folks on roll calls getting ready to cruise & print out their final eDocs might be freaking out as well.  

Have a support ticket on an unrelated matter earlier this week, and they acknowledged by email and ask for patience, and allow up to 14 days for problem resolution.

FWIW #cough #cough

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 4

59 minutes ago, Asawi said:

I have a similar error on my account but it did not stop me from doing check in yesterday

Thanks for reporting that it let you check in.  I've got a negative $48 'due', plus an Onboard Activity for Dining of negative $140😕

@mking8288, also reassuring to have you tell us it's a 'known issue'.   

Hopefully check-in will go well for us all🤞

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@Sand and Seas - FWIW, fingers crossed ... going to wait until next Monday or Tuesday & see

as of this moment, showing a negative balance ... we know better to 100% trust NCL's promises and take their words at full face value.  Reservation appeared otherwise still in order, if our friends see this on their account's booking, they will panic ... 

You might recalled a recent topic/thread here about someone doing a mock addition of optional items to their paid in full reservation, didn't "paid for it" immediately and their entire booking was cancelled & disappeared - along with checking hotel and air reservations, etc. - nowadays, making a habit of checking MyNCL just to make sure things are in order, "for our convenience" of course.  #cough #cough

Final Payment Due
$-35.60
Due by: Jul **, 2023
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't understand why they changed the option to start check in as soon as you booked instead of 21 days before you leave. It was always nice to have everything done right after final payment 

Edited by Laszlo
  • Like 3

49 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

I don't understand why they changed the option to start check in as soon as you booked instead of 21 days before you leave. It was always nice to have everything done right after final payment 

It seems to be the new standard for all cruise lines . Carnival online check opens at around 14-16 before sail date, royal is about 45 days before sail date 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, chk-gnt said:

I was trying to start my check-in and see my account shows a balance due of - $249.10. I know that I don't owe money ,so I think that is maybe stopping my progress. Anyway I can't get hold of anyone at NCL tonight. Wondering if anyone else is having problems contacting NCL.

Have you been able to check-in yet?  

Yeah, every time NCL does an update this happens.  There was a notice last night that there would be an update and the site would be down.  Now I can't purchase my Cruise First certificate.  Keep trying, it's bound to start working again at random.

• Thanks 1

Last week we were at -$680, now we're at -$165. If this were the other way around, NCL would have canceled our cruise on us already and resold the room, even though it was a website glitch. Too bad we customers have no power over NCL on their crappy IT Team. 

On 9/24/2023 at 9:19 AM, Laszlo said:

So true! I booked a MSC cruise for my aunt last night. I was able to check her in immediately. Her cruise doesn't leave until 11/27. It was nice to get that out of the way. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, dritan said:

I've also been able to check in this morning and now just need to wait 24 hours for the edocs.  Will be following others advice here and printing docs.

We checked in last night and cruise docs were available 12 hours later.   Try clicking on it to see.

Strangely, we each got two emails today that reminded us it was time to check in.  Still the credit balance glitch, but happy to have my eDocs already!

• Like 1

Negative balance error apparently fixed & resolved, zero again on our accounts with upcoming cruise - as of this afternoon.  IT Dept. finally rebooted and restore whatever ... still has another "ticket" generated for resolution and remained outstanding.

Did I mentioned elsewhere that we're supposed to received $50 non-refundable OBC x 2 or $100 together with NCLH stockholder benefits on this month's cruise, listed on the eDoc but was not posted to our onboard account, not even on Day 3 - Guest Services took copies of our printed Docs, messaged to Miami HQ to reconfirm, and was subsequently "fixed" by the next afternoon while at sea.  

Do have printed and/or backup digital printout available, check & check again to confirm, and when in doubt - don't wait until disembarkation morning while rushing to try to get off, to end up on that long line.  We also had a negative balance with non-refundable credit that we could've used to pay for a $15 upcharge - Cagney's steakhouse' filet or 3 cups of Starbucks on the ship.  Oh well.  

• Like 1