Stress Free Parking

TigerB

Has anyone used the above, and been satisfied with the service?

I'm looking for parking for a two week Arvia cruise next September, and this service is coming out cheapest every time; with one site, at £93.  I can't find out much about them, and the 'glowing' reviews make me a tad suspicious.  On one site the logo for Cruise Parking Ltd appears next to the information.  I seem to recall someone on here writing that they booked with them, and it was Parking4Cruises that met them, but I can't find the post.  The description of how to find them reads about the same for Parking4Cruises, with whom I have been satisfied previously and would use again.

I'll tread lightly just now, and won't commit until my confidence is boosted by replies from you lovely folk.

There seems to be a lot of issues with car parking at Southampton port. Unless you have included parking with CPS it has become very expensive, P4C who I have used many times with no problems seem to be having issues. They have always parked your car in a secure compound a short distance east of Ocean Terminal but recent stories seem to say they have moved and are using an area in Totton. I e mailed P4C some weeks ago where they parked the cars and is it true that they are using an area in Totton and they have not even had the decency to reply. Me being cynical means that they haven't responded because they don't want it public knowledge. If they have nothing to hide why not respond to my mail. On our recent Arvia cruise we had CPS inclusive parking and for duration of the cruise my car was parked in an area Redbridge Station Approach.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

There seems to be a lot of issues with car parking at Southampton port. Unless you have included parking with CPS it has become very expensive, P4C who I have used many times with no problems seem to be having issues. They have always parked your car in a secure compound a short distance east of Ocean Terminal but recent stories seem to say they have moved and are using an area in Totton. I e mailed P4C some weeks ago where they parked the cars and is it true that they are using an area in Totton and they have not even had the decency to reply. Me being cynical means that they haven't responded because they don't want it public knowledge. If they have nothing to hide why not respond to my mail. On our recent Arvia cruise we had CPS inclusive parking and for duration of the cruise my car was parked in an area Redbridge Station Approach.

P4C don’t respond to emails. I emailed them 3 times to let them know that Queen Anne is not on their database and they ignored all 3 emails. I then phoned and left a voicemail which did eventually elicit a response. This was at least 6 month ago and Queen Anne is still not listed on their website! I’ve used them a few times before and they were very good, but their admin is atrocious and I’m beginning to feel a little uncomfortable about them. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

P4C don’t respond to emails. I emailed them 3 times to let them know that Queen Anne is not on their database and they ignored all 3 emails. I then phoned and left a voicemail which did eventually elicit a response. This was at least 6 month ago and Queen Anne is still not listed on their website! I’ve used them a few times before and they were very good, but their admin is atrocious and I’m beginning to feel a little uncomfortable about them. 

So am I.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, majortom10 said:

They still only add about 3 or 4 miles to the odometer, so the car park must be fairly close.

9 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

They still only add about 3 or 4 miles to the odometer, so the car park must be fairly close.

If so why didn't they respond tot e mail and others. It gives the impression that they do not want you to know where they are parking your car and have something to hide.

12 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

If so why didn't they respond tot e mail and others. It gives the impression that they do not want you to know where they are parking your car and have something to hide.

I agree with Selbourne their response to e-mails is appallingly slow. However their service for the car parking is excellent, and after nearly 10 years using them we have only ever had one issue, which was a parking fine from the port, which was quickly resolved and they either paid the fine or got it cancelled.

On 9/24/2023 at 2:29 PM, TigerB said:

Has anyone used the above, and been satisfied with the service?

I'm looking for parking for a two week Arvia cruise next September, and this service is coming out cheapest every time; with one site, at £93.  I can't find out much about them, and the 'glowing' reviews make me a tad suspicious.  On one site the logo for Cruise Parking Ltd appears next to the information.  I seem to recall someone on here writing that they booked with them, and it was Parking4Cruises that met them, but I can't find the post.  The description of how to find them reads about the same for Parking4Cruises, with whom I have been satisfied previously and would use again.

I'll tread lightly just now, and won't commit until my confidence is boosted by replies from you lovely folk.

I always book Parking4Cruises thru the Looking4Parking website. On that site I pick Stress Free Parking but when I show up at Southampton it is actually Parking4Cruises. This has been going on for 10 plus years and many cruises and I’ve always been very happy with StressFree/Parking4Cruises.

• Thanks 1

On 9/24/2023 at 11:43 PM, terrierjohn said:

When we parked with them last December , our car was here

<iframe src="https://www.google.com/maps/embed?pb=!1m14!1m12!1m3!1d1352.5470262950364!2d-1.4506333550716326!3d50.913274022670386!2m3!1f0!2f0!3f0!3m2!1i1024!2i768!4f13.1!5e1!3m2!1sen!2suk!4v1696173657467!5m2!1sen!2suk" width="600" height="450" style="border:0;" allowfullscreen="" loading="lazy" referrerpolicy="no-referrer-when-downgrade"></iframe>

according to the satnav.

Simon

Edited by sddsddean

6 hours ago, smokey01 said:

I always book Parking4Cruises thru the Looking4Parking website. On that site I pick Stress Free Parking but when I show up at Southampton it is actually Parking4Cruises. This has been going on for 10 plus years and many cruises and I’ve always been very happy with StressFree/Parking4Cruises.

Why don't you just book direct with P4C with even less stress.

Still had no reply from P4C from my e mail where they actually park the cars these days. Have heard of at least 2 sites they have used so whether they have moved or expanded nobody knows and they seem to be very secretive in letting people actually know.

7 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Still had no reply from P4C from my e mail where they actually park the cars these days. Have heard of at least 2 sites they have used so whether they have moved or expanded nobody knows and they seem to be very secretive in letting people actually know.

They still haven’t resolved the issue of Queen Anne not being listed that I spoke to them about months ago. After my next booking with them I think that might be it and I will just use CPS, even though they can be a lot more expensive. P4Cs lack of communication is making me nervous. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

They still haven’t resolved the issue of Queen Anne not being listed that I spoke to them about months ago. After my next booking with them I think that might be it and I will just use CPS, even though they can be a lot more expensive. P4Cs lack of communication is making me nervous. 

Yes it certainly gives the impression that they don't want be co-operative with their customers and give information. Makes you think have they got something to hide.

1 hour ago, smokey01 said:

Because Looking4Parking give me a discount 

So does P4C after your first parking.

2 hours ago, majortom10 said:

they seem to be very secretive in letting people actually know.

Perhaps it is a security thing - the fewer that know then the safer the cars are.

2 hours ago, majortom10 said:

Have heard of at least 2 sites they have used

Maybe different sites for different cruises.

On 10/1/2023 at 9:00 PM, Selbourne said:

QA listed with CPSR

2 hours ago, sogne said:

QA listed with CPSR

Thanks, but I’d only be prepared to use CPS or P4C and, after our next booking with P4C I think I may even drop them, just leaving CPS.

I emailed P4C last week (yet again) about Queen Anne not being on their database and, as before, no reply. In all honesty, if it wasn’t for the fact that they are £100 cheaper than CPS for the 2 weeks that we have booked with them, I think I’d be cancelling the P4C booking. I’ve been happy with P4C when we’ve used them before, but their incompetence when it comes to basic admin is making me feel nervous about leaving an expensive car with them. 

4 hours ago, devonuk said:

When I used them recently they were parking in Totton 😬

IMG_9731.jpeg

Secure from being stolen if your car is one of those wedged at the back or middle of that jumble🤣🤣. Not so secure from being broken into I'm guessing looking at the surrounding topography.