Bathing suit(s)

shipgeeks

I'm pretty sure I own more than 20 swimsuits...some one-piece, some bikinis with mix and match options.  It's easy to pack more than a few swimsuits if most of them are bikinis...they don't take up much room.  I wouldn't dream of judging someone based on how many different suits they wear on a cruise...lol.  If I want to get sun, I'll go with a suit that has a bandeau top and a cheeky bottom.  If I am swimming in an ocean with waves, I want a top with straps and more coverage on the bottom.  If I'm doing a combo excursion where I'm in town and on the beach, I might opt for a one piece suit that can sub as a bodysuit as well.  I don't do hot tubs but I'll be in the ship pool on sea days for sure.  At the end of the day, we all do what we choose to do to enjoy our cruise, right?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, CookingChick2020 said:

At the end of the day, we all do what we choose to do to enjoy our cruise, right?

Absolutely.

within  reason, of course.

I am surprised that anyone owns that many swimsuits - but if you do and you like to bring however many on your trip, that's OK, totally up to you.

or if you (like me) own one and just bring that, that's OK too.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

I probably owned 6-7 bathing suits at a time when I was younger.  I have lived in Florida the majority of my life and our homes always had a pool.  Still have a pool, but now I am 60 years old and I have 3 bathing suits, probably because I don't love how I look in them LOL.  I take 2 bathing suits when I cruise. I wear one, wash it and let it dry, wear the other one, etc 

I enjoy the hot tub and the pool at The Solarium on Celebrity (adults only section) the spa and the Persian Garden - all places where I use my swimsuit!

• Like 1

I bring 2 swimsuits, both tankinis. One has a black bottom and one has a navy bottom. I bring two cover-ups. I like being able to switch depending on what we are doing, and like many others, I refuse to put on a wet swimsuit. I never wear one to board and although we like to check out the pool area, we don't get in the pool on embarkation day.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I took one swimsuit on my last cruise and never used it.  Between the cold pool that looked like Times Square on New Years Eve and the hot tubs (or Giant Tub 'o Cream of Unmentionable Bodily Excretions Soup, as I call them), I didn't see the attraction.  But then, I live in Florida, so it's not a novelty. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So my wife and I (41,44) Bring many Bathing suites. I usually bring about 4 and my wife brings about 5. Different styles for on the ship then when going ashore. Wife tries to make sure the bottoms have more coverage when we are on the ship and less coverage when ashore at a beach. 

On 11/28/2023 at 4:52 PM, TwinMamainMN said:

I bring 2 swimsuits, both tankinis. One has a black bottom and one has a navy bottom.

That sounds a bit like a recipe for disaster -- too easy to mix up.  Of course, now that I say it, I realize I too have those same colors, but one of mine's solid, while the other's polka-dot and has a skirt.  Not too easy to mix up.  

• 1 month later...

We don't always swim but we like to have two swimsuits per person. That way if we do swim one of the suits can be drying and the other one will be dry so we're not putting a wet swimsuit on if we swim 2 days in a row. I cannot imagine packing more than two swimsuits. I was watching a pack with me video on YouTube where a girl took 12 swimsuits because she was going on a 12-day cruise, so she wanted to wear a different swimsuit everyday, which is crazy to me!

• Like 1

On 2/12/2024 at 12:12 PM, Mum2Mercury said:

That sounds a bit like a recipe for disaster -- too easy to mix up.  Of course, now that I say it, I realize I too have those same colors, but one of mine's solid, while the other's polka-dot and has a skirt.  Not too easy to mix up.  

Depending on the suit, maybe they would look good mixed and matched. Navy and black are both neutral. I actually have tankinis like this and many of them look good together. I have three with blue bottoms and two with black bottoms. All of them look relatively good mixed and matched. One of the one that has the blue bottoms actually has a lot of black detail in it and black mesh sections...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/25/2023 at 11:19 AM, jsn55 said:

That's another point ... if you've maintained your own large pool, you know how delicate the chemical balance needs to be.  You wouldn't get me into a public pool or hot tub for any reason whatsoever.  I mean, they take BABIES in there, ugh.

NCL does not allow diapered unpotty-trained babies in their pools, although they do get in.  There is signage to that effect near the pools.  Even swim diapers are not allowed.

On 4/3/2024 at 10:58 AM, Barb Nahoumi said:

NCL does not allow diapered unpotty-trained babies in their pools, although they do get in.  There is signage to that effect near the pools.  Even swim diapers are not allowed.

"Not allowed" means little to some people; unless there's a monitor 24/7, I'm not sticking a toe in that water.  

On 4/5/2024 at 8:59 AM, jsn55 said:

"Not allowed" means little to some people; unless there's a monitor 24/7, I'm not sticking a toe in that water.  

I'm with you on that! And it's not just incontinent babies and toddlers that worry me, it's the levels of personal hygiene of the other adults in the pool or hot tub. How can I be sure they've had a proper wash of all their nooks and crannies before getting into watm water!!! Not been in a public pool for decades!!!

• Like 1

I have a good immune system and  I can have a shower afterwards if I want to.

So I will continue on swimming in public pools, rivers ,seas etc - no harm has come to me so far by doing so.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

I am surprised at the responses that seem a bit judgmental (yes I know I am on CC and should not be surprised, but still).  I own probably 20 +/- swimsuits and pack quite a few to cruise.  For a week long cruise I typically take at least 7-9.  I hate the feeling of a wet swimsuit so I like having enough that I can wear one in the am and a different one in the pm.  I also wear a bikini vs tankini vs one piece depending on activity (as another poster pointed out).  To combat the chlorine or chemical damage my husband washes my suits out after each wear and hangs them to dry.  Since I spend a good portion of the cruise in swimwear and coverups I like have a lot of them to choose from!  I do not think that makes me insecure, not even sure how one applies to the other. Nor do I post any pics of swim suits or swimming or whatever to IG.  I like options, dry suits and keeping them in good condition after use.  We are all different, why it matters how many suits someone chooses to bring, or not, baffles me.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MandyMooToo said:

I am surprised at the responses that seem a bit judgmental (yes I know I am on CC and should not be surprised, but still).  I own probably 20 +/- swimsuits and pack quite a few to cruise.  For a week long cruise I typically take at least 7-9.  I hate the feeling of a wet swimsuit so I like having enough that I can wear one in the am and a different one in the pm.  I also wear a bikini vs tankini vs one piece depending on activity (as another poster pointed out).  To combat the chlorine or chemical damage my husband washes my suits out after each wear and hangs them to dry.  Since I spend a good portion of the cruise in swimwear and coverups I like have a lot of them to choose from!  I do not think that makes me insecure, not even sure how one applies to the other. Nor do I post any pics of swim suits or swimming or whatever to IG.  I like options, dry suits and keeping them in good condition after use.  We are all different, why it matters how many suits someone chooses to bring, or not, baffles me.

It doesn't.  And I agree with you in regards to wanting enough fresh suits to wear.  If I'm somewhere and there's a body of water appropriate for swimming - I'm in it. 

• Like 2

On 5/30/2024 at 1:23 AM, MandyMooToo said:

On 5/30/2024 at 1:23 AM, MandyMooToo said:

am surprised at the responses that seem a bit judgmental (yes I know I am on CC and should not be surprised, but still)

Not sure what you are seeing that is anything judgemental 

You can own 20 swimsuits,nobody disputes  that,it doesn't matter to anyone, it was a friendly discussion, not something that mattered to anyone. 

Conversely other people can own one. They don't have to defend that either. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kristelle said:

Not sure what you are seeing that is anything judgemental 

You can own 20 swimsuits,nobody disputes  that,it doesn't matter to anyone, it was a friendly discussion, not something that mattered to anyone. 

Conversely other people can own one. They don't have to defend that either. 

Actually there were multiple responses that were judgmental and not especially nice, as pointed out by at least one other poster. Saying people with that many suits must be insecure or are just bringing them for IG posts?? That was just two comments that were definitely judgy. I don’t think there’s anything wrong having only 1 or 40. But saying something negative about a person based on the amount of swimsuits they own is rude. Maybe go back and reread some of what was said. Or don’t, doesn’t really matter. I just gave my opinion like everyone else. 

yep just re read whole thing - ONE response said about insecurity and that was specifically about taking 9 swimsuits on a 7 day cruise,- which nobody has said they do.

Not about owning that many.

still not seeing the multiple responses or the judgement you are perceiving - just other people giving their opinions. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kristelle said:

yep just re read whole thing - ONE response said about insecurity and that was specifically about taking 9 swimsuits on a 7 day cruise,- which nobody has said they do.

Not about owning that many.

still not seeing the multiple responses or the judgement you are perceiving - just other people giving their opinions. 

Sigh. I said I take that many and gave my reasons why. So yes, someone said they do take 7-9 on a 7 day cruise. And you chose to point out the rudest comment and ignore any others (must be trying to display their wardrobe, doing it for IG, etc.). There is judgement in this thread…about swimsuits…which actually surprised me. And as much as you want to act like I’m wrong about this, others agreed with me. I’m not sure why everyone else in this thread can give an opinion and you let it ride but my opinion you want to latch on to? Thats fine, I guess, but my opinion is just as valid as any of the others (that maybe mirror yours more closely).  Regardless, I think this has run its course, enjoy the rest of your day. 

No I'm not fussed by anyone's opinion on how many swimsuits they take and said so already upthread. 

I didn't latch onto your opinion about number of swimsuits,  more about your complaint that others were so judgey.  Your opinion about swimsuits is valid, as is everyone's since it is just personal choice

Your view about judginess not so valid. 

Yes the thread ran its course 2 months ago till you jumped today getting all upset about perceived judgements 

7 minutes ago, Kristelle said:

No I'm not fussed by anyone's opinion on how many swimsuits they take and said so already upthread. 

I didn't latch onto your opinion about number of swimsuits,  more about your complaint that others were so judgey.  Your opinion about swimsuits is valid, as is everyone's since it is just personal choice

Your view about judginess not so valid. 

Yes the thread ran its course 2 months ago till you jumped today getting all upset about perceived judgements 

I didn’t “get all upset” about judgements and I don’t know what has caused you to have an attitude about me and my comments but you really should reevaluate it. For some reason my posts hit a nerve with you whereas everyone else has been allowed to say what they please. And yes, there has been obvious judgment in this thread. Others agreed with my statement of that too. I’m don’t discussing it with you, apparently you are only here to argue and pick and choose what you read and validate.