Questions about check-in

Sun Lover

Do we have to upload a picture when we check-in online?  We were on Anthem several months ago and I don't remember doing that.  I know they took our pictures when we were boarding the ship.   I found a checklist for online check-in on the RCI website but it doesn't mention uploading a photo.  Also, when it says you have to scan your passport, would I be able to use a photocopy of my passport to scan if I don't have the actual passport?  Thanks for any information.

4 minutes ago, Sun Lover said:

Do we have to upload a picture when we check-in online?  We were on Anthem several months ago and I don't remember doing that.  I know they took our pictures when we were boarding the ship.   I found a checklist for online check-in on the RCI website but it doesn't mention uploading a photo.  Also, when it says you have to scan your passport, would I be able to use a photocopy of my passport to scan if I don't have the actual passport?  Thanks for any information.

No you don't need to provide a picture when doing your check in. I don't scan our passports either.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Sun Lover said:

No, you don't have to upload a picture, but it is really easy to do.  The app will just let you take a selfie or have someone take a picture for you.  You can also scan your passport in with the app.  I do not know whether or not a photocopy will scan correctly.  I would just use the actual passport.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sun Lover said:

Thank you.  Do you know if it's better to check in on the website or the app?

I like to use the app.

With the app, DH or I can skip straight to “select arrival time” (step 2).  We select an arrival time for everyone in our party; we do this as soon as we can as we prefer early arrival times.  We can almost do that in our sleep, lol.  Then at my convenience and when fully awake, I go back and do step 1, scanning the passports and filling in addresses and such.

Last I checked, the website did not allow one to do the steps out of order.