Compensation for Skipping Ports?

punkyhunky

5 hours ago, Tatka said:

On our very last cruise on RCI Liberty we received return for missed (due to hurricane) port of St John, New Brunswick. It was $75 per inside room and up. It depends on a situation I guess. On other occasions we were receiving smaller amounts for missing Port Canaveral on Thanksgiving 2021 and Christmas 2021. . So Royal does returns.

My refunds were not for missed port calls - we docked in all the ports as expected. The original port taxes paid were just an estimate. We received the refund because the total port fees / taxes were less than the estimate.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Once you book port fees and taxes get locked in.  I've never seen them change the taxes for itinerary changes.

If you change rooms or rebook your cabin you do so at prevailing rates/offers including port fees & taxes. Seen it happen many times.

Got an email today with this information.  We sail November 5th and are skipping Nassau.

While you still get to enjoy your day onboard Anthem of the Seas, to help make up for the missed port, we will provide you with a one-day (1) cruise fare refund in the form of an Onboard Credit. This will automatically be added to your SeaPass account on boarding day. Any unused portion will be refunded to your credit card associated with your onboard folio.

1 hour ago, CHOPPERTESTER said:

If you change rooms or rebook your cabin you do so at prevailing rates/offers including port fees & taxes. Seen it happen many times.

I disagree.  I have repriced many rooms for clients and never had the port fees and taxes changed.  In fact many times people think there has been a price drop and when they call to get the lower price the taxes and fees will not be lowered.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I disagree.  I have repriced many rooms for clients and never had the port fees and taxes changed.  In fact many times people think there has been a price drop and when they call to get the lower price the taxes and fees will not be lowered.  

I agree with your disagree.  😄

I had several price drops on one cruise and my original port/taxes remained the same as the original booking for every price drop.

17 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It's good your clients repriced and the prevailing rates for port fees & taxes didn't change. Sounds like they thought they had a price drop but it was only a new booking price due to lower port fees & taxes. Is this what you are implying? If the cruise line drops a panama canal transit for another port they better let me reprice with the lower port fees & taxes.

OCVTSGIRL thanks for update I am also sailing on November 5 Anne received the email about the cancellation and the onboard credit. They also provided an explanation as to why they had to cancel the ports. 

For more context, one of the ship’s four engines requires maintenance which impacts our speed. While this impacts our ability to deliver on the original itinerary, we’re confident that it will still be an exceptional cruise vacation. 

In case you missed the original email, the updated version is below for your reference. We’re very sorry about this change to your itinerary. We look forward to seeing you onboard.