Fort Lauderdale hotel

Doncin

Cruising in April; all hotels seem expensive.  I bit the bullet and booked Springhill Suites for 1 night. Have stayed there previously.  Airport shuttle. Breakfast. Shuttle to ship, extra charge. Very good location. I kept waiting hoping prices would fall; no such luck. Shop around and choose what appears to be best for you 

I'm cruising in January and am staying for one night at the FLL Airport La Quinta. Looks pretty average but it was the best price I could find (around $200- which is still A LOT to spend one night, IMO). It has a shuttle from the airport to hotel and it looks like there are several restaurants nearby.

3 hours ago, spammie said:

Hyatt Place Cruise port booked through Value Trips website

The problem with Value Trips is that for the past few years at least they haven't released their new year prices until late December or early January (although they always say late October/November IIRC). 

OP - if you book a refundable hotel room now at a price you can live with, keep an key on Value Trips so you don't miss the release of the 2024 pricing.  If it is better, cancel your current reservation after receiving your Value Trips confirmation.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MamyL00 said:

I'm cruising in January and am staying for one night at the FLL Airport La Quinta. Looks pretty average but it was the best price I could find (around $200- which is still A LOT to spend one night, IMO). It has a shuttle from the airport to hotel and it looks like there are several restaurants nearby.

Hi, it is really not that high......January in South Florida is still considered "high season".

7 hours ago, MamyL00 said:

Agree, that is high season, and that really isn't that high. 

16 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi, it is really not that high......January in South Florida is still considered "high season".

I got pricing for Dec 30th at a price at least half if not more than other hotels from value trips

On 10/3/2023 at 10:35 AM, MamyL00 said:

Were also staying there in January and only paying $160. for a king room. We've stayed there twice before. The free shuttle is great and you can also get a shuttle to the cruise port in the morning. The room and property are nice. Free breakfast is very good by go early for a table. Lots of people waiting for transportation use this as their lounge area. There are homeless people living in the area. If you walk to a restaurant you will see evidence of this. Didn't feel unsafe walking but make sure you pay attention to your surroundings. Were going to have food delivered for our evening meal or eat at the airport before we arrve.

On 10/6/2023 at 10:23 AM, njgirl said:

Where did you book your room as I am seeing a much higher rate for a one night stay in December ... over $200?

Is the shuttle to the cruise port complimentary?  If not, how much is it?

Thanks,

It may be cheaper to just take an Uber to the port. That will be one fee for everyone. The shuttle is charged per person.

• Like 1

We’re booked for the la Quinta airport in early January too. I used a corporate discount and got two rooms for $472. I’m thinking now that seems high?? Seems like all of the hotels have gone up so much since we were last in FLL!