How to 'request' a Move over, or a Move down, on a cruise

voljeep

45 minutes ago, voljeep said:

on a cruise that is within 30 days now - and is showing as 'Currently not Available' for price check or booking,

at least on the Princess website.

Didn't someone post an email address about this previously?

Sold out and/or working the UG bidding and GTY’s.  If it’s still available, they may show it again on the website again, when they are finished.

What was mentioned, was the offers for a move over were sent by email and they had to respond by email if they wanted to accept it.  Problem is, different agents work different ships, so may not help you. IDK

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, PacnGoNow said:

Sold out and/or working the UG bidding and GTY’s.  If it’s still available, they may show it again on the website again, when they are finished.

What was mentioned, was the offers for a move over were sent by email and they had to respond by email if they wanted to accept it.  Problem is, different agents work different ships, so may not help you. IDK

we've had 2 'Move Over' offers previously - took one, couldn't make the other one work for us.

Yes, both times by email, and I responded by email.  Both times - NOT requested ... just happened.

I thought a previous poster , posted an email address that you  could send a message to, letting "them" know you would be very interested in receiving one.

maybe not ...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, voljeep said:

we've had 2 'Move Over' offers previously - took one, couldn't make the other one work for us.

Yes, both times by email, and I responded by email.  Both times - NOT requested ... just happened.

I thought a previous poster , posted an email address that you  could send a message to, letting "them" know you would be very interested in receiving one.

maybe not ...

That would be nice.  I didn’t see it though.  Maybe that poster will respond.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, voljeep said:

maybe not ...

That was almost 4.5 months ago.

Feedback please..

Just now, PescadoAmarillo said:

I wish you luck. 

we will prolly take the cruise without 'an offer' -  it's just a little 5 day out of PE going to PCay and Grand Turk. But also wouldn't mind taking and applying a 'free cruise and fare back as refundable OBC, and applying it to a cruise on the SUN P in 2024

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

There is an email in the first post, perhaps try that one.

I recall someone posting that the email provided was no longer a valid email.  I believe this happened after they started the bidding process.

Good luck!

• Thanks 2

Upon further review - the above posting about emails back is reversed!  This was the Move Over we couldn't make work ... and it seems like 'something' happened soon after that ... hmmm

We got this email on 12/2 for the 12/4 cruise

Thank you for your attention to this notification.
IMPORTANT NOTICES
SPECIAL OFFER!! FREE CRUISE!!! ACT NOW!
Princess is extending a special offer to guests booked on December 04, 2019 sailing of the Sky Princess.

Move to ANY 7 day Domestic Cruise and receive:

* 4 EXTRA CRUISE DAYS
* Enjoy a complimentary upgrade (based on space available)
* Air change fees will be honored up to $150 per person
* EZ AIR Protected 100%

This offer is only available by calling 1-800-243-7342 ext 30841.

Please act quickly as this offer has limited availability and will be accepted on a first come, first served basis.
PASSENGERS
Edited by voljeep
  • Like 3

The more reasonable explanation is that yield management is assigning cabins.  You don't have a say in whether or not you will be chosen for a move down/move over offer.  Not sure what Princess' criteria for those are.

The following applies to a single cruise sold as 2 segments.  Check each segment individually if cabins are still available.  The single cruise sold as 2 segments is capacity controlled.  Princess usually blocks availability after final payment on the single long cruise knowing that they might have more last minute takers on the shorter segments.  If this is the case, you have to check availability on the shorter segments and see which cabins are showing as available on both segments.

11 minutes ago, phabric said:

If you have a “no upgrade” on your booking, will we get a Up Bid Offer?

Yes, you will.  Unless, your TA is one of those that does not allow bidding UG’s.

We have ours marked no UG, but once the bidding opens for that cruise, we’ve received 

offers to bid. 

Edited by PacnGoNow