Club Continent Suite

LoveChops

Hi everyone,

We are looking to book a CC Suite on Azamara Quest next year to celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary. We've cruised a few times with Regent Seven Seas and I'm curious to see how this cruise compares (other than the included shore excursions).

Hoping someone can help with a few queries:-

1) The website says the suite comes with speciality dining - is this unlimited reservations or are we restricted to one visit per restaurant?

2) Is the mini-bar in the suite free or is this payable?

3) If you have experience in this suite category could you advise of any other inclusions that make this special?

4) Can your Butler deliver drinks to the suite free of charge if we have a drinks package?

Thank you everyone for you help!

18 minutes ago, LoveChops said:

Hi everyone,

We are looking to book a CC Suite on Azamara Quest next year to celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary. We've cruised a few times with Regent Seven Seas and I'm curious to see how this cruise compares (other than the included shore excursions).

1) The website says the suite comes with speciality dining - is this unlimited reservations or are we restricted to one visit per restaurant?

3) If you have experience in this suite category could you advise of any other inclusions that make this special?

4) Can your Butler deliver drinks to the suite free of charge if we have a drinks package?

You can go to a specialty restaurant for dinner every day, if you wish….need to make reservations.

One nice perk is that suites can go to Aqualina specialty restaurant for breakfast.

As to drink questions, someone else will have to answer those for you.  I have never tried to have drinks delivered to the room because the bars are so close….I just bring one to my room.

• Like 1

The minibar sodas are free other drinks are charged but you can have one bottle of spirits (sometimes 75cl sometimes a litre) at no charge 

posted at the same time as @takemewithyou

Ive once had a butler who brought us some wine mid afternoon but others no. To be honest I go and get my own or bring it back after my evening around ship 

Edited by uktog
  • Like 2

Here you go:

Suites & Staterooms

Welcome to your vacation home with ocean views, sea breezes, and all the style and amenities of a boutique hotel. Plush cotton robes, complimentary bath products, fresh flowers, and 24-hour room service. Our goal is to make you comfortable so you can spend more time on important things. Like exploring the world.

SUITES

Experience the Suite Life

The premier way to travel, discover luxury with each Azamara voyage from our Club World Owner's Suite, Club Ocean Suite, Club Continent Suite or Club Spa Suites. As a suite guest receive a variety of exclusive benefits in addition to modern accommodations and authentic service. We take care of all the details, so you can focus on the adventure ahead.

continent_suite.jpg

Continent Suite

Spacious and comfortable, our Club Continent Suites feature fresh new décor inspired by natural elements. With two beds convertible to a queen, a cozy sitting area, breezy balcony and refreshed bathroom with a bathtub or shower, this is your wonderful, refined home away from home.

Club Continent Suite Stateroom

Spacious and comfortable, our Club Continent Suites feature fresh new décor inspired by natural elements. With two beds convertible to a queen, a cozy sitting area, breezy balcony and refreshed bathroom with a bathtub or shower, this is your wonderful, refined home away from home.

Continent Suite Image

Suite Features

Included Suite Amenities

• Luxurious cotton bed linens with duvet
  • Terry bathrobes and slippers
  • 24-hour room service
  • Fresh-cut flowers
  • Tote bag
  • Use of umbrella
  • Shoe shine-service
  • Turndown treats
  • Daily news bulletin
  • Complimentary Internet (240 minutes or 50% off the unlimited internet package)
  • One free bag of laundry service per suite, each seven days*
  • Complimentary specialty dining
  • Complimentary access to the Thalassotherapy pool and spa deck

SUITE AMENITIES

Suites_feat_amenities.jpg

In-Suite Afternoon Tea

Open the sliding glass doors and take your tea on your private veranda, served by your butler.

suite_cocktails.jpg

Complimentary Spirits

Sip on your favorite cocktail, made from a selection of complimentary in-room spirits.

Edited by blag
  • Like 1

Excellent questions! I/we've upgraded to suite level on several occasion, and it is a very pleasant experience. First, I had no idea that the alcohol in the mini-fridge were complementary, not that there is much there. Be advised that Aza allows you to bring alcohol on board, complementary in your room, there is a minimal corkage fee if you bring your own bottle into one of the restaurants. As posted at the beginning, you have unlimited access to the specialty restaurants, you will need reservations, however. The only downside there is that the menus are limited, but on a 7 or 12 day cruise you shouldn't have any problem eating your way through both of them. Should you wish to dine in your room or on your veranda, your poor butler will have to get dressed in his tails and gloves to serve you, you have dining from the MDR, and possibly from Prime C and Aqualina too, however I may be wrong on that one. The service was so good my DW, who is happiest when complaining, begged the butler to come home with us. He declined. Back to in room alcohol. You are provided with 4, half bottles. Scotch, Rum, Vodka, Gin. They can be switched. I requested a single bottle of Tanqueray 10, I got a full bottle of Tanqueray 1. Oh, you get a bathtub. It's a very expensive bathtub, but it is a bathtub. Sadly, the suites are priced out of my budget these days, I'd rather bunk with the inside steerage folks and be able to afford a second cruise instead. However, if you've got the money, the kids have shoes, and the roof isn't leaking, what are you saving it for? Have a wonderful anniversary (we hit #48 this week), and enjoy every minute on board! (The lamb chops in Prime C are really, really good. I actually recommend an American Merlot or a Right Bank Bordeaux to go with it. This from the guy who likes to say "Life is too short for Merlot").

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Re the previous post

You are no longer provided with 4 bottles every time. Often you have a menu to select one larger bottle from 

Not every suite has a bathtub (thank goodness). Check the deck plan you either have a tub with overhead shower or a walk in shower 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The speciality restaurants do offer a chef's special in each course every evening so that widens the choice. Your waiter can even show you a photo on his tablet of how it will look. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Dr H said:

Excellent questions! I/we've upgraded to suite level on several occasion, and it is a very pleasant experience. First, I had no idea that the alcohol in the mini-fridge were complementary, not that there is much there. Be advised that Aza allows you to bring alcohol on board, complementary in your room, there is a minimal corkage fee if you bring your own bottle into one of the restaurants. As posted at the beginning, you have unlimited access to the specialty restaurants, you will need reservations, however. The only downside there is that the menus are limited, but on a 7 or 12 day cruise you shouldn't have any problem eating your way through both of them. Should you wish to dine in your room or on your veranda, your poor butler will have to get dressed in his tails and gloves to serve you, you have dining from the MDR, and possibly from Prime C and Aqualina too, however I may be wrong on that one. The service was so good my DW, who is happiest when complaining, begged the butler to come home with us. He declined. Back to in room alcohol. You are provided with 4, half bottles. Scotch, Rum, Vodka, Gin. They can be switched. I requested a single bottle of Tanqueray 10, I got a full bottle of Tanqueray 1. Oh, you get a bathtub. It's a very expensive bathtub, but it is a bathtub. Sadly, the suites are priced out of my budget these days, I'd rather bunk with the inside steerage folks and be able to afford a second cruise instead. However, if you've got the money, the kids have shoes, and the roof isn't leaking, what are you saving it for? Have a wonderful anniversary (we hit #48 this week), and enjoy every minute on board! (The lamb chops in Prime C are really, really good. I actually recommend an American Merlot or a Right Bank Bordeaux to go with it. This from the guy who likes to say "Life is too short for Merlot").

uktog has already posted about a couple of your inaccuracies of information here. I also wanted to comment about what you say about butlers and food service. I'm not sure if you are trying to be funny or not, but the "poor butlers" will already be in their suit. They don't dress up just for you. Providing you give them adequate notice, they will be very happy to serve you in cabin. Some will take more pride in doing this than others of course. My recent butler on Quest, Robert, used to be a waiter in the Specialty Restaurants. It showed. He really knew what he was doing and loved serving the food in the cabin. 

Phil 

• Like 4

On 10/3/2023 at 3:19 PM, LoveChops said:

Hi everyone,

My cruise was back in January but assuming things haven't changed, here's some responses on the  questions you ask (speciality restaurants is, I think clear from other comments).

1) Other than the spirits you are given as part of being a suite guest, any other alcohol in the room or mini bar will be chargeable. Soft drinks and water are not. You can however bring wine (and I'm guessing spirits) to drink in your cabin free of charge.

2) Not sure but on my cruise, I don't think you get free entry to the spa deck and pool, unless you're in the big suites. What I did get with my suite was a big allocation of on board credit, $1000, which I used towards buying the Indulgence package (I had to pay the $499 difference with my own money). In addition to an excursions and spa credit (totalling just under $1000 alone), this package also includes free wifi for 2 for the whole voyage, ultimate drinks package for 2, a chef's table for 2 and many bags (7?) of laundry, plenty enough for a 17 night cruise. For a long cruise, this package was a bargain, if like me you only have a smallish amount extra to pay. It meant my final bill was minimal- about $50. It's possible they have increased the price- or give less OBC- because it was such exceptional value.

3) The butler is a big bonus, maybe you have them anyway on Regent. It may have been just ours being very good, but instead of wondering what I'd use him for, he was invaluable. The answer was, pretty much anything you ask for. I had a veranda dinner, served course by course, proper table set up etc. We chose from the MDR menu- I think only the big suites can have the speciality restaurants. Your butler should bring drinks as you wish to the cabin if you are on the Ultimate package. We used this a lot because the cabin is pleasant to relax in pre dinner and some dessert wine after. Never any problem, sometimes the Whispering Angel Rose came so quick, I was wondering if he had already pre-empted us!

Other than that, they do come around every day with afternoon tea, which is nice, if only for the cup of tea- tried not to eat too much of the scones etc.

I've not been on Regent but my perception is, it would be more luxurious and 'posher' than Azamara. The latter is quite informal, with a vibe of a slightly ageing country house hotel. I loved it but be aware that it might be different.

• Like 1

We had free access to the spa on Journey in June.  It's really not much of a perk and I certainly wouldn't pay for it.  Very little shade.  About 8 loungers - a phone to get drinks which didnt work although once a crew member did walk through and offer us drinks.

Good views but little else.

• Like 2

Suite guests must make reservations for the specialty dining like any other guests. The one benefit with being a suite guest is that you usually board the ship first and can make the reservations for the specialties before others. 

There is no additional charge for the specialty restaurants for suite guests as it’s included in the cruise price.

We were on the Onward in February and used the spa deck, free of charge, we were in a CC suite. We were under the impression that we would have to pay for it, but the spa personnel said it was included with our CC suite.

We had the ultimate beverage package and the butler asked what we wanted to drink. He stocked our fridge with several of the Perrier bottles (that are included in the Ultimate package.)

I asked the butler to bring me an americano coffee every morning from the Mosaic coffee bar. It arrived promptly every morning at 7. Great butlers on the Azamara ships.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Gardendog said:

We were on the Onward in February and used the spa deck, free of charge, we were in a CC suite. We were under the impression that we would have to pay for it, but the spa personnel said it was included with our CC suite.

This matches my experience on the other ships.

I prefer first-hand, fairly recent information.

Others may repeat contradictory historical reports, so who knows? 

Last year we were in a CC suite and did not have access to the Spa deck. However, one night when the steam room was not functioning we were immediately given access as compensation (really nice Spa staff). I believe the access for CC suites has been reinstated because of lifted Covid restrictions. 

Please note the Butler is there for room service, so don't call room service as we did, it will get a bit confusing. 

• Like 2

When we were on Onward end August in a CC suite the printed list of amenities in the cabin did not mention access to the spa deck, so we had to check with our butler. ( we had to pay on Onward in January).

It was included, but was never busy

( probably because not listed!); there were 16 loungers and plenty shade if wanted as umbrellas were up. 

• Like 2

I heard they’re still trying to work out whether to restrict it or keep it quiet. You will probably see “experimental communication” on different ships.
With only 16 loungers they’ve got a potential capacity issue. 
My guess eventually they’ll revert to the big suites front and back, the spa suites and a charge for everyone else possibly two price levels for remaining suites and others. They’re hunting for revenue streams, the front deck has caught their eye

39 minutes ago, uktog said:

I heard they’re still trying to work out whether to restrict it or keep it quiet. You will probably see “experimental communication” on different ships.
With only 16 loungers they’ve got a potential capacity issue. 
My guess eventually they’ll revert to the big suites front and back, the spa suites and a charge for everyone else possibly two price levels for remaining suites and others. They’re hunting for revenue streams, the front deck has caught their eye

Who knows what the future might hold... 

But the consensus for the current situation seems to be that CC suites have access to the spa deck. 

19 minutes ago, blag said:

Who knows what the future might hold... 

But the consensus for the current situation seems to be that CC suites have access to the spa deck. 

Indeed that appears to be the situation today (assuming it’s not over capacity) next cruise who knows. But that’s the same on everything on Azamara just now whilst they are evolving 

Just got off Quest in a CC suite. We were just given the choice of a single spirit and got a 1l bottle (gin in our case). Butler kept us well stocked with plenty of mix, water, ice and limes.

Very much enjoyed our first cruise with Azamara.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Denfox said:

Just got off Quest in a CC suite. We were just given the choice of a single spirit and got a 1l bottle (gin in our case). Butler kept us well stocked with plenty of mix, water, ice and limes.

Very much enjoyed our first cruise with Azamara.

Thanks for your first hand report!

I wonder how that would work if the couple can’t agree on one type of alcohol.

I like gin and DH likes rum…….we couldn’t be farther apart..! 😀

Wonder if we could have two smaller bottles to accommodate for each others preference? 
I guess we can just ask and see what can be done?

I much preferred the 4 small bottles that offered a variety.

Edited by takemewithyou

3 hours ago, takemewithyou said:

Wonder if we could have two smaller bottles to accommodate for each others preference? 

This change was adopted because of supply chain shortages.  Glass making is very energy intensive, and smaller bottles have an even higher energy cost than large ones, so they became impossible to find.  Azamara only needs big bottles for the bars, so they coped by offering one big bottle instead of several small ones.  I'm sure if you explain that each of you has a different preference, your butler will be able to accommodate.  [I told ours that I don't like either of the gins on offer and they gave me 1L of Hendricks.]

• Like 1

10 hours ago, takemewithyou said:

I'm sure if you asked they'd accommodate. 

Phil 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, takemewithyou said:

We were in a similar situation, my wife prefers gin and I prefer vodka. Since we could only get one bottle we mutually compromised and got gin. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8