Arrival at Pier

mrell345

53 minutes ago, mrell345 said:

When you arrive at the pier and get out of your taxi/shuttle is the baggage drop right there (Port Everglades)?

Yes, the drop you off right at the luggage drop, on the left of the entrance door.  Check your luggage and you’ll have people directing you to the check in lines.

Very simple in PE.

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

Yes, the drop you off right at the luggage drop, on the left of the entrance door.  Check your luggage and you’ll have people directing you to the check in lines.

Very simple in PE.

I believe that's the only spot that there allowed to disembark passengers, even if you want to carry your own luggage onboard.

3 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

I believe that's the only spot that there allowed to disembark passengers, even if you want to carry your own luggage onboard.

Yes.  But the ramp is right there anyway, if you just have a carryon. NP

30 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

I think we parked first and then rolled our bags to the check station.  I will admit the parking garage challenged my sense of direction.  Surprisingly, I found the car in the garage with no trouble 10 days later..

3 minutes ago, BamaVol said:

I think we parked first and then rolled our bags to the check station.  I will admit the parking garage challenged my sense of direction.  Surprisingly, I found the car in the garage with no trouble 10 days later..

I didn't think about parking on site. We always arrive by van and that's the only spot he's allowed to drop off passengers.

8 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

I didn't think about parking on site. We always arrive by van and that's the only spot he's allowed to drop off passengers.

Our next Princess cruise isn’t until June.  I’ll have forgotten everything I remember about embarkation at PE.

We drive down the night before even though it’s only a 4 hour drive.  I can’t wait until CB sails out of Port Canaveral.  I would probably feel comfortable driving to the port on embarkation day.  It’s under 2 hours.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mrell345 said:

Does anyone in the baggage drop off need tipping?

Yes, the porters if you are checking luggage. Is it required no, but not tipping is being cheap. Yes most of these workers are union longshoremen who make really good money. JMHO 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, avonlady6390 said:

We live in Ocala so drive down the day before and spend the night by port everglades princess going out of port Canaveral will be nice no hotel stay and their is a good parking lot behind the Radisson hotel.

What are their rates?

13 hours ago, skynight said:

Port Canaveral is nice for those that live nearby. For those that fly Ft. Lauderdale is more convenient arriving and departing by air.

There is a huge market of potential cruisers living in and around Orlando, especially during the winter.  I also imagine the hope is that some folks will combine a cruise with an Orlando vacation.  That would take a bucket load of money, so maybe that’s secondary.

I certainly agree that FLL is incredibly convenient to the port and served by a decent selection of hotels for the night before.  Twenty years ago, we would fly into FLL for a Miami cruise because it was cheaper and easier to deal with than MIA.  I don’t know if that’s still true but it’s still a smaller city.

Not currently interested in the CB at all out of Canaveral.  Will that change is less than a month now?

Lots of other choices out of Port Canaveral with newer ships ... P could have a least parked the Royal or Regal there for the inaugural season.  May be a one and done deal for P