Currently onboard Celebrity Edge Sky suite... Not sure if I am impressed.

leyland1989

On 10/9/2023 at 1:12 PM, raudacruise said:

Our very first Celebrity cruise was a Summit PH in 2002. A special treat. 

We enjoyed Summit over the years to Hawaii roundtrip , the  Carib and Bermuda.  Last time we were on, it  was getting a bit " seedy and needy", esp the upstairs lounge.. but I believe she has been refurbed.  

We  cruised on EDGE twice in  her first  year in AQ Class and SV for a longer itin.  Hard to believe it could get run down in just a few years.  Our most recent cruise ( post Covid pause) was on BEYOND;  in perfect shape.

After we try Ascent which will be the newest,  we will return to Silhouette for a short cruise...one of our fav ships. She is older but has gotten some good reviews..Missed  trying Apex( Covid pause)  so we  have that booked as well .

From this thread and others, it seems that aside from food and dining issues, X will need to focus on gen maint, upkeep and  appearance of the fleet.

It would be a shame for X to fall into a lower tier cruise line..esp so high priced 

• Like 1

I'm not cleaning out the drain..period.  The toilet missing the little bumper on the lid, I probably wouldn't have noticed.   I would have asked them to take a look at the other issues...

That said, I don't take the time to wipe things down myself.  I'm just not that worried.  

Edited by PTC DAWG

7 hours ago, hcat said:

We  cruised on EDGE twice in  her first  year in AQ Class and SV for a longer itin.  Hard to believe it could get run down in just a few years.  Our most recent cruise ( post Covid pause) was on BEYOND;  in perfect shape.

We were on Edge in July for a B2B.  We thought the ship was in very good condition, and we had two very nice cruises. 😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, zgscl said:

On a HAL cruise they gave me a great towel swan on the toilet one night. Perhaps ask your room steward to make this to cover up some of the cosmetic issues? 

B5A779CE-2098-400F-B6AE-F2F4134DC7E9_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.7a40b2e0c2c3479e2a196c91e6a925c3.jpeg

Honestly this is all quite disappointing - the pictures are really inexcusable. I would absolutely make a stink (nicely, of course) at guest services or with the concierge for your class of service and insist they make it right. I would probably forgive the stateroom table, but the cleanliness issues are inexcusable. 

I would be horrified to find my towels on the seat of a toilet.

They would be straight on the floor to get washed!

Towel animals on a bed are nice, but this picture almost makes me want to throw up it is so unhygienic!

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

With all the cabins they need to service I am surprised they are taking time to set up towel

animals.   Children may want the, but they don’t need to do this for adults.

I had a new one every single day and it was always a surprise. 

21 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

With all the cabins they need to service I am surprised they are taking time to set up towel

animals.   Children may want the, but they don’t need to do this for adults.

agree. 

this  was a Royal C thing.. but now seeing it on X..

Any towels used like that go right to the laundry pile! 

Sometimes they use your belongings...like hats or  expensive sunglasses for these towel things!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hcat said:

agree. 

this  was a Royal C thing.. but now seeing it on X..

Any towels used like that go right to the laundry pile! 

Sometimes they use your belongings...like hats or  expensive sunglasses for these towel things!

Simmah down, it ain't that bad.  🙂

• Haha 2

On 10/12/2023 at 1:05 PM, Baynanno1 said:

I hope they were in more hygienic locations than on an open toilet!

They were thankfully! This one was by far the most out there and of course the towels immediately went on the floor to be washed. 

• Like 1

We were on the Edge when it was just a few weeks old.  Had a wonderful experience- I would suggest that you try the Apex or Beyond- Newer ships.  The apex was perhaps the best cruise we have ever taken.  Ship beautiful!  The suite lounge and pool deck wonderful.  Staff 5 star service.  Loved the specialty restaurants, especially Eden.  

We will try the beyond.  We like newish ships on Celebrity and Royal.  We also sailed on the summit and enjoyed the cruise- no frills, but good service.