Dress code

undecided1

3 minutes ago, zitsky said:

The reason the OP couldn’t find their answer is because dress code threads are not allowed on Cruise Critic.  I’ve never seen one here.

I'm pretty sure Celebrity requires ripped jeans in most restaurants.  Definitely on Chic nights.

You can get the ripped jeans at Goodwill for $2 per pair.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, kwokpot said:

Oh and both men and women put their bare feet up on the atrium coffee tables, chairs and couches. 😬

Have seen this on our last two cruises on Princess and Celebrity. Staff was aware of this and when Staff was questioned about it, Staff said they were told not to say anything. Cruise Lines don't want to loose clients. LOL Forget Health. 

Do you see people washing their hands before they enter the MDR or any other food venue?

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, kwokpot said:

Oh and both men and women put their bare feet up on the atrium coffee tables, chairs and couches. 😬

I’ve seen this in the Sky Lounge and on those couches in Cellar Masters.  I don’t get bent out of shape about people’s clothes or footwear but bare feet on shared chairs in public places is crass. 

• Thanks 3

On 10/7/2023 at 7:41 PM, undecided1 said:

I am sure there is a post somewhere but I cannot find it. My husband and I typically cruise NCL or Disney but want to try Celebrity now that we are traveling without our children who are adults. Normally he wears a polo, dockers and dress shoes every night for dinner. This is acceptable for all nights on NCL and Disney. I looked at the Celebrity dress code and it references designer jeans for smart casual and smart chic. To my way of thinking dockers are dressier but I wanted to get confirmation as this will be the deciding factor on whether to try Celebrity. 

TIA

As others said, he’ll be just fine. That is how I dress most days and every night on a cruise and I have never had an issue. 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, kwokpot said:

Just finished a cruise on NCL's flagship Viva and it's pretty amazing what guys wear to dinner. Only the French specialty restaurant has a dress code so guys literally wear flipflops, ratty T-shirts, and board shorts to dinner. Also floppy hats and cross body bags. Many of the guys looked like they just came off the beach. It's been 6 years since my last NCL cruise so it was eye opening when NCL guests are even more casual than Carnival cruisers. And since there's no dress up days that's how guys dress the whole cruise.

Hobo Paradise cruise!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1