Pre-Cruise Documents

Warrenf186

Princess is making me crazy.  We are on Discovery on 10/28.  Airfare was independent with partner’s airline points but we booked a pre-cruise transfer and hotel thru Princess.  They’re showing up on the cruise summary but we have no vouchers for the pre-cruise.  Partner (who is also the travel agent) just called Princess.  She hasn’t booked anything on Princess in more than 20 years.  According to Princess the vouchers will show up on the medallion once we set it up (on the ship).  Not exactly helpful since, by definition, at pre-cruise we will be nowhere near the ship.  So far most things Princess have been way more complicated than on any other cruise.

Can anyone provide some help with this?

What you booked should be shown on the Travel Summary which is in the same location as the luggage tags that you need to print.  It should display all of the information that you need.  Princess doesn't issue anything else to you.  The person at baggage claim should have a list of everyone who purchased the transfers as will the hotel.

Thanks for the quick response.  Maybe you should work for Princess.  Youwere much more helpful.  Things were much easier when the cruise lines sent us all of the stuff we needed,  Now we need to do the work.  Pretty soon we’ll have toull shifts pn KP

• Like 2

Warren, if you can't find the Luggage Tags and Summary, don't be surprised!  There is a pull down tab on the upper right hand side (more like the middle) of a screen, kind of discretely hidden, on the Princess website.  Not in the app.  I would never have found it if not for the helpful Cruise Critic members, because the eyes are drawn elsewhere.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Warrenf186 said:

Thanks for the quick response.  Maybe you should work for Princess.  Youwere much more helpful.  Things were much easier when the cruise lines sent us all of the stuff we needed,  Now we need to do the work.  Pretty soon we’ll have toull shifts pn KP

You're very welcome!  They don't make it easy.  I just remembered that they will list the same details under the Itinerary tab when you're logged into your cruise on the Princess website - or at least they used to.  But it is best to print the Travel Summary so that you can have it handy if you need it!  In case you need a picture here's one with the two locations for the info circled in red.

image.thumb.png.898516d622882c4325e833ef5fc1f382.png

• Thanks 2

Other than our travel summary and passport - we just show up.

If a transfer by Princess we just find where they are gathering and give them our names.  If not on the list, show our itinerary 

Luggage we just provide our cabin number from our itinerary and have it tagged at the curb.

Checking in - same thing.  Show our itinerary and ID.  Get our Medallion and board.

FWIW,  we do NOT print anything.  We archive the email, download the attachments and forward the Princess emails to ourselves so stored in multiple places.

• Like 1

I want printouts of everything! 

My luggage is tagged before I leave my home.  I did buy luggage tag holders, but I did not realize they came in multiple sizes, and the ones I bought before my last cruise were too narrow for my tags.  I usually use plastic shipping tape to coat the luggage tags to give them incredible strength.  

Why would I want to waste time and energy at the baggage check area, possibly being sent to a different line?  Baggage check-in is enough of a madhouse without making it worse!  Tag the bags at home, unless you don't know your cabin assignment!

On 10/10/2023 at 3:57 PM, Warrenf186 said:

Things were much easier when the cruise lines sent us all of the stuff we needed, 

I’m afraid those days are long gone.

as @Arizona Wildcat wrote (Bear Down😉), the only thing we show up with for a cruise now is our passports and cell phone (for access to electronic docs if needed).

Cheers

• Like 1