Shareholder benefit

Bizziecruzer

14 hours ago, Cruise Suzy said:

Here is the info from Carnival Corporation & plc:

Please provide by email, fax or by mail your complete legal name, reservation/booking number, ship and sailing date, along with proof of ownership of Carnival Corporation or Carnival plc shares (for example, photocopy of shareholder proxy card, a dividend tax voucher or a current brokerage or nominee statement with your current mailing address and your brokerage account number blacked out) no later than 4 weeks prior to your sail date to your travel agent or to the cruise line you have selected below. 

CARNIVAL CRUISE LINE
Guest Administration 
3655 N.W. 87th Avenue 
Miami, FL 33178 
Tel 800 438 6744 ext. 70450 
Fax 305 406 6102 
Email: shareholders@carnival.com

The current URL is

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/static-files/bc1b7f04-a3e8-4176-91ac-a529290fe45d

The generic URL (for future years) is

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/shareholder-information/shareholder-benefit?c=140690&p=irol-sharebenefit

Thank you so much Suzy

On 10/13/2023 at 11:27 PM, Toofarfromthesea said:

So Carnival is at $12.26 today.  I can buy 100 shares for $1,226.  And then I get 250 OBC for my January 17 day cruise and another 250 OBC for my 14 day cruise a year from now (assuming they extend the program as is)?  Do I have that right?  

Seems like a no-brainer if so.  Does it matter if you own the stock in a regular brokerage account or an IRA/rollover account?

Yes, a no brainer it is. Any type of account in your name.

Edited by CNSJ
typos

On the web site it says you have to apply for the credit 4 weeks before your sailing... and I'm sailing on Saturday and didn't know about this benefit until just yesterday 🙂
Anybody know if there's any chance of me getting the credit for next week's trip?  I'm thinking likely not, but maybe I should send for it, just in case...

Silly me, I actually bought those shares (during the pandemic crash) as an investment idea, before I even knew about the OBC offer, LOL.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, sdc67 said:

On the web site it says you have to apply for the credit 4 weeks before your sailing... and I'm sailing on Saturday and didn't know about this benefit until just yesterday 🙂
Anybody know if there's any chance of me getting the credit for next week's trip?  I'm thinking likely not, but maybe I should send for it, just in case...

Silly me, I actually bought those shares (during the pandemic crash) as an investment idea, before I even knew about the OBC offer, LOL.

I would send it in today. It’s not a huge investment in time, and it’s possible you’ll get it added to the books/manifest whatever, and they just say 4 weeks to give themselves a cushion in case of extreme backlog of requests.  Mine usually turn round in 1-2 days max.  

• Like 2

Well I wouldn't want to guarantee that everybody will have this luck, but I literally got a response in 12 minutes saying that my shareholder OBC was approved and would be credited for our cruise leaving on Saturday.  Woohoo!  Thanks to all here for the info and encouragement!

--sdc

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Toofarfromthesea said:

I just bought my 100 shares.  Would a copy of the broker's confirmation of the purchase work for applying for the OBC?

Yes, I was able to use a printout of the purchase confirmation to get the shareholder OBC. Just make sure it has your name on it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ROUS said:

This little investment really has been a great one.  It will pay for itself many times over.

We bought our 100 shares at the end of 2019... at or near Carnival's all-time high! We had SIX HAL and Princess cruises booked at that time; none of which sailed.

Yet, as HAL fan-kids, the investment will eventually pay off in OBC.

• Like 2

On 10/13/2023 at 9:53 PM, Haljo1935 said:

You absolutely can take a picture and email. You'll black out sensitive info, such as account numbers, address, etc. You will receive back an email confirming it was received; wait 2-3 days, then have an updated invoice sent so you can see the OBC as it's not visible on the website.

Do not black-out/obscure your address. It must be your current address. Ask me how I know.

21 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

Do not black-out/obscure your address. It must be your current address. Ask me how I know.

Oh no! I have always blacked mine out and haven't had an issue.

I suppose now if you move it has to be updated to match?

I'm sorry.

13 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

Oh no! I have always blacked mine out and haven't had an issue.

I suppose now if you move it has to be updated to match?

I'm sorry.

Just faxed my copy of HAL shares to benefit department. (Fax 206-270-6080) Did not give my address. Just proof of 100 stock shares.  Home mailing address and brokerage account number BLACKED out.  Have to give complete legal name, booking /reservation number, ship name and sailing date no later than 3 weeks prior to sail date.

Received answer within half an hour!  OBC will be “credited to your onboard account upon embarkation “.  
I was surprised to get a response so quick. Very easy.

29 minutes ago, Holly g said:

Just faxed my copy of HAL shares to benefit department. (Fax 206-270-6080) Did not give my address. Just proof of 100 stock shares.  Home mailing address and brokerage account number BLACKED out.  Have to give complete legal name, booking /reservation number, ship name and sailing date no later than 3 weeks prior to sail date.

Received answer within half an hour!  OBC will be “credited to your onboard account upon embarkation “.  
I was surprised to get a response so quick. Very easy.

They are VERY efficient with this.  I always bring a copy of my verification with me though.

1 hour ago, crystalspin said:

Perhaps it was because we HAD moved, that it was kicked back to me.

I hope you were able to get it fixed; I cannot handle another disappointment if you were not. 😪

Edited by Haljo1935
typo
  • Thanks 1

On 10/13/2023 at 11:27 PM, Toofarfromthesea said:

So Carnival is at $12.26 today.  I can buy 100 shares for $1,226.  And then I get 250 OBC for my January 17 day cruise and another 250 OBC for my 14 day cruise a year from now (assuming they extend the program as is)?  Do I have that right?  

Seems like a no-brainer if so.  Does it matter if you own the stock in a regular brokerage account or an IRA/rollover account?

You just have to fax or email the account statement showing the shares, any type of account.  🙂You can black out account numbers and such.  I have gotten responses the same day both times I submitted recently.  

• Like 1