Viva Live 21 days, Rome to Miami, plus a few days in Rome

JIMESOPUS

On 11/6/2023 at 9:53 AM, Sugar Magnolia said:

I must eat 3-4 pasteis de nata each day I am in Lisbon. If you are unable to make it to Belem, the tarts at Manteigaria are just as delicious, and there are several locations around Lisbon. The Manteigaria I visited recently was a 15 minute walk from the port. Enjoy!

Mrs. Schmoopie found a couple of recipes for these on Pintrest. The ones she made were "almost" as good as the ones we had in Lisbon.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

Oh no! Let us know how the ship handles a boatload of people staying indoors...at least I think most will probably stay on the ship since the weather is being a bit prickly. 

If it's anything like the Prima, the answer is...not very well.

11 hours ago, JIMESOPUS said:

@cruiseny4life Most went upstairs again, something about a buffet almost like a moth to a light. We did see Matsi today, he has 22 cruises this year, thought us being at 7 was something. 

I almost envy Matsi - all that free time to cruise but then think how potentially dangerous his working life is. BUT …. 22 cruises! Half a year!!

looks like your enjoy this week on Viva @JIMESOPUS can’t wait to join you and the rest of those 300 Lucky B2Bers next week!

• Like 1

Off the ship by 800, Hop on and wait bus, ran out of time to see everything. Another 10K+ step day, thought this was a holiday? Did someone say shopping?

Some of the photos taken today, re-hydration at the Hard Rock.

Laundry back already, 1 day turnaround

IMG_5417.JPG

IMG_5420.JPG

IMG_5422.JPG

IMG_5423.JPG

IMG_5425.JPG

IMG_5428.JPG

IMG_5429.JPG

IMG_5430.JPG

IMG_5436.JPG

IMG_5437.JPG

IMG_5439.JPG

IMG_5440.JPG

IMG_5441.JPG

IMG_5442.JPG

IMG_5446.JPG

IMG_5447.JPG

IMG_5448.JPG

IMG_5449.JPG

IMG_5451.JPG

IMG_5454.JPG

IMG_5455.JPG

IMG_5456.JPG

IMG_5457.JPG

IMG_5458.JPG

IMG_5459.JPG

IMG_5460.JPG

IMG_5461.JPG

IMG_5463.JPG

IMG_5464.JPG

IMG_5465.JPG

IMG_5466.JPG

IMG_5467.JPG

IMG_5468.JPG

IMG_5469.JPG

IMG_5470.JPG

IMG_5471.JPG

Edited by JIMESOPUS
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

We've been to Barcelona and we did our own walking tapas tour in the Gothic Quarter. Didn't do anything else, other than Las Ramblas. No real interest in any tours of churches, museums, etc. Would you not recommend the hop-on-off bus for people who just want to kill some time seeing the highlights? (Based on your hop-on and wait comment...)

1 hour ago, schmoopie17 said:

We've been to Barcelona and we did our own walking tapas tour in the Gothic Quarter. Didn't do anything else, other than Las Ramblas. No real interest in any tours of churches, museums, etc. Would you not recommend the hop-on-off bus for people who just want to kill some time seeing the highlights? (Based on your hop-on and wait comment...)

They, the hop off bus company over booked their system, we waited for 4 buses before we got on, standing for over half the route. We jumped off at the next to last stop and walked back. The time we lost waiting for the bus was over 45 minutes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, schmoopie17 said:

Mrs. Schmoopie found a couple of recipes for these on Pintrest. The ones she made were "almost" as good as the ones we had in Lisbon.

After having lots of them last year at multiple ports of call in Portugal I have come to the conclusion that I prefer the Cantonese version better since the custard is way less sweet. Photos for comparison Lisbon (Manteigaria) vs Taipei,Taiwan Dim Sum restaurant (along with radish cakes). Since I'm Chinese American I may be A BIT biased, lol.

original_e655f4a7-6078-46ce-8635-94393ce80ce9_PXL_20220601_104807951 (1).jpg

PXL_20231020_115540897.jpg

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 3

47 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Thank you for the info about the hop on/hop off. I was thinking about getting tickets for it. If they're so overbooked, probably not! 

Need to check how many ships are in port that day, stop #5 was near a cruise terminal, there had to be hundreds of folks lining up from the MSC ships. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ibiza, plan for today is nothing. Took a 2.5 mile walk into the town, stopped at the hand and walked back.

20231111_073238.thumb.jpg.2b00f91f64feff7ecb91af82f74bf022.jpg 

Hope to get into one of those pools on deck #8.

For those who have taken the taxi in St Thomas, here in Ibiza they have a water taxi to town, wouldn't want to be the guy in back with his butt hanging over the back of the boat.

taxi.thumb.jpg.f69b8219565694dafbee92d78e8a14fa.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, JIMESOPUS said:

Need to check how many ships are in port that day, stop #5 was near a cruise terminal, there had to be hundreds of folks lining up from the MSC ships. 

Just catching up - that's a long 2.5 mi walk toward city centre in Palma.  NCL, I'm sure runs their shuttle except it wasn't free then, $15 round-trip (shorex credits "not accepted") with waterfront dropoff near the cafe, shops & stores, ferry piers, etc. 

When we did Epic TA, HOHO bus was a great option but didn't always worked for us - other TA ports en route, despite different tour bus operators ramping up their fleet of buses and available drivers - several thousand "frugal" cruisers from different ships hopping around town just overwhelmed their finite capacity.  Just as described, if nobody get off, it was impossible to get on - full to capacity & already standing room only.  Uber wasn't an option for islands like Palma and taxis for hired, hard to find & the fews around town - interested in doing chartered tours only.  The alternative to over-priced NCL shorex is to walk ... plenty of cardio exercises, memo - bring bottled water for hydration.  

Got a feeling that 4 of us will use a taxi next week in BCN when possible, after getting out of the port/cruise terminal on these "shuttle" or HOHO buses.  BTW, very sharp & clear pictures taken.  Have a great afternoon.  

• Like 2