Scarlet Lady / Live /Solo - Oct 18-22 2023

sid_9169

Here are the sinks without soap, among others. Let's see if they rectified the situation? Seems like after the "incident" last week they'd be on top of it. The lady at Sailor Services denied it at first until I told her I'd read about the CDC becoming involved.

PXL_20231020_164049572.jpg

• Like 15
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

I can tell you 100% that I'm about the most OCD person ever when it comes to hygiene, but sometimes stuff slips through the cracks...

It's like being a good driver...if I'm a great driver but someone runs a red light and hits me my skills/OCD don't do me much good.  If the bathrooms that passengers use are missing soap can only imagine what's going on in the rest of the ship.  

• Like 14

Sid, I would go back to Sailor Services and ask to speak to the Hotel Manager.  No soap is not ok.  I could understand if one of out three was empty, but all of them?  That's just unacceptable.  

Hope you feel better soon.  You could go to the Medical Center and ask for over the counter meds.  We did that when we got some sort of respiratory illness on the Pride in August.  Believe it or not, the prices were the same (maybe a little less) than at CVS.  

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

After the food, I got one of those kale, ginger, and something fresh squeezed drinks to hopefully help revive me. I guess I'm going to get in the shower and see if that helps. I probably am not going into Bimini today, unfortunately... 

• Like 15

3 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Even worse, this exact same thing happened to me on the Halloween cruise on the Norwegian Escape six years ago... My very first Live Review, which basically fell apart before it got off the ground.........

If there's any chance you mean seven years ago (2016) and not six, I was on the October 15 sailing of Escape and got my first (and only, so far) dose of noro or possibly food-borne illness. I thought I was going to die. (We all started hitting the med bay around midnight on day 2 or 3.) 

I'll be on Scarlet in early December, and I've been watching the illness situation. (Obviously it 'should' be fine by then, but I'm sad to hear it hasn't been wiped out already, and the soap situation seems inexcusable.) 

Edited by AlyssaJames
  • Like 5

Showered off now, and maybe I feel a little better, but still not great. I don't even know what I'm going to get into for the remainder of the day. I think that I've decided to just be solo for the rest of the cruise. I'm not going to say a single bad thing about JinxyB, but we're just not compatible. I assume that she's out enjoying the beach over there at the club, but I don't know for sure. 

I guess it's getting to be about time to have a drink or two... 

PXL_20231020_180307295.jpg

• Like 34

21 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Showered off now, and maybe I feel a little better, but still not great. I don't even know what I'm going to get into for the remainder of the day. I think that I've decided to just be solo for the rest of the cruise. I'm not going to say a single bad thing about JinxyB, but we're just not compatible. I assume that she's out enjoying the beach over there at the club, but I don't know for sure. 

Had a hunch. Hope you get better SOON 

• Like 9

This is probably going to be my last Virgin Voyage for the foreseeable future. I've pretty much seen and done everything there is on this ship, and they're all basically the same, so... Nothing against it. Well, maybe the lack of soap and the whole sitting on the toilet all night... 

I'm a pretty jaded person as it is already, and there's plenty of other stuff out there. Next cruise is the Tribe cruise on the Carnival Celebration in January, then the southern Caribbean on the Carnival Horizon in May 2024... After that, I'm a free agent...

Edited by sid_9169
  • Like 33

59 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I definitely had that feeling.  Sorry

• Like 8

1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

You have an awesome shirt collection…..really like this one!

• Like 2