Speciality Dining on Embarkation Day When in a Suite

Guest Snaxmuppet

Guest Snaxmuppet

How and when is the best way to book speciality dining for embarkation day when in a suite? Should I book before the day or once on board?

28 minutes ago, Snaxmuppet said:

How and when is the best way to book speciality dining for embarkation day when in a suite? Should I book before the day or once on board?

Spots are held in the specialty venues for suite guests. They know how many suites there are, whether they're full, etc.

Just go to the maitre'd at the specialty restaurant and make your time request or have the concierge do it or call the DINE line..

Easy peasy. Never once have we reserved in advance.. 

• Like 3

This may be my imagination, but every time I have called the DINE line from a suite, it is answered very promptly,  I have never had any problem making an embarkation day reservation.  As soon as the agent confirms my reservation, he/she also always adds words to the effect that as a suite passenger, the meal will be complimentary.

I cannot ever recall being put on hold when I've called from a suite.

I agree that if on a Royal class ship that has the suite concierge lounge, it is very easy to visit on embarkation day, introduce yourself to the concierge and ask him/her to make dinner reservations for you.  If you are interested in attending the Chef's Table, he/she can assist with that, also,

• Like 2

The supervisor in the specialty restaurants are not the Maitre d' nor the Assistant Maitre d'.  They are now called Assistant Managers (previously called Head Waiters).  You can call the dine line or stop by the restaurant.  Never had any problems reserving the first night in person.  I could never do it through the app without being charged.  Others have had success...not me.

Your cabin number is displayed on the other side...dine line/room service.  On embarkation day, it may be crazy and I've had to call back several times.  But never had a problem getting a time of my choice.  Sabatini's is easier than Crown Grill.

Interesting....I had once called from a house phone for tea service.  It took a little while for them to realize I was in a suite.  

Once I had just entered my room and received a phone call asking me what time I wanted dinner reservations.

29 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

Spots are held in the specialty venues for suite guests. They know how many suites there are, whether they're full, etc.

Just go to the maitre'd at the specialty restaurant and make your time request or have the concierge do it or call the DINE line..

16 minutes ago, XBGuy said:

This may be my imagination, but every time I have called the DINE line from a suite, it is answered very promptly,  I have never had any problem making an embarkation day reservation.  As soon as the agent confirms my reservation, he/she also always adds words to the effect that as a suite passenger, the meal will be complimentary.

I cannot ever recall being put on hold when I've called from a suite.

I agree that if on a Royal class ship that has the suite concierge lounge, it is very easy to visit on embarkation day, introduce yourself to the concierge and ask him/her to make dinner reservations for you.  If you are interested in attending the Chef's Table, he/she can assist with that, also,

1 hour ago, XBGuy said:

I agree that if on a Royal class ship that has the suite concierge lounge, it is very easy to visit on embarkation day, introduce yourself to the concierge and ask him/her to make dinner reservations for you. 

One time suite cruiser...we tried the concierge and the people that were talking to him seemed to be making multiple arrangements/requests. We left after waiting about 20 minutes and went to the specialty restaurant and made our reservation in 5 minutes.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JF - retired RRT said:

One time suite cruiser...we tried the concierge and the people that were talking to him seemed to be making multiple arrangements/requests. We left after waiting about 20 minutes and went to the specialty restaurant and made our reservation in 5 minutes.

That sounds like something *I* would do...my DW claims I am very impatient!

• Like 2

Guest Snaxmuppet

Thanks everyone. That has given us some options. It sounds like the easiest way for me might be to just go to the restaurant concerned and book direct although, if the concierge is available then that might be even easier as we are on Sky on Riviera deck right be the concierge lounge 🙂 

Just wish it wasn't still 6 months away :classic_sad:

1 hour ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Boy that is unfortunate.  We all know what was going on, there.  I don't blame you for leaving,  And, good job of just solving the problem.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, reedprincess said:

100% this.

5 hours ago, Mara4166 said:

We always book in advance to ensure we are in the venue and time we want.  The Concierge may be able to do this also, but we like boarding knowing that the first night is sorted.

Good to know. We are in our first suite Dec 24. We haven’t cruised Princess since 2018. I downloaded the medallion app but it says dining reservations aren’t open yet. I’ll keep checking. We’ve done

2 hours ago, lovevacadays said:

Good to know. We are in our first suite Dec 24. We haven’t cruised Princess since 2018. I downloaded the medallion app but it says dining reservations aren’t open yet. I’ll keep checking. We’ve done

Our next cruise is next April but is allowing me to make reservations now.  We are in a suite and typically have the 1st night dinner at Bistro Sur La Mer but since it is being changed to The Catch I am waiting until the change actually happens before I make reservations.

On 10/16/2023 at 8:19 PM, DiRonT said:

Our next cruise is next April but is allowing me to make reservations now.  We are in a suite and typically have the 1st night dinner at Bistro Sur La Mer but since it is being changed to The Catch I am waiting until the change actually happens before I make reservations.

Thanks. So excited to be on my first Suite. I haven’t cruised Princess done the pandemic. Lots to learn about new policies and changes. 

• Like 2

On 10/16/2023 at 10:55 PM, Snaxmuppet said:

Thanks everyone. That has given us some options. It sounds like the easiest way for me might be to just go to the restaurant concerned and book direct although, if the concierge is available then that might be even easier as we are on Sky on Riviera deck right be the concierge lounge 🙂 

Just wish it wasn't still 6 months away :classic_sad:

We were just there….R614.  The concierge manager called that area Beverley Hills!  He and that lounge saved the cruise. (See my other posts).