luggage tag

runnerswife

We are on the Splendor t/a on Nov. 20th.  Received our luggage tags in the mail today in a plain whlte

envelope with our cruise details.  That's it!!!!  No leather (?) name tags, not that we need them, nothing.

When we did our first Regent just prior to covid we were so excited to get this lovely leather like envelope with 

leather name tags and our luggage tags, etc.  Then it became paper like folder and now it is just a plain

envelope.  Very disappointed....Not that we Need any of these things, just makes you feel a bit special.

If Regent wants to cut back, fine, but at least for the first time Regent crusers please make them feel

special, which is what Regent is supposed to be.  Hopefully the cut backs don't carry over.  As of now,, we

still love Regent.  Mary & Bill

• Like 1

They stopped around the beginning of the year. They still give out pleather luggage tags for the lower levels and leather ones for Platinum and above. Covid hit the cruise lines hard and all the NCLH lines are cutting back on non-fuel expenses by 15% as they have to refi their Covid debt at crazy rates (They just refinanced a ton at 8.125%).You will have the same wonderful experience on board - no worries.

Edited by Pcardad
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

First Regent cruise coming up. Received our luggage “tags” which are just a piece of paper to fold and staple in place. No “pleather” tag, and we’re in a concierge suite. I guess I should be happy I don’t have to print them from an emailed attachment, 😂.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mtnestr2011 said:

First Regent cruise coming up. Received our luggage “tags” which are just a piece of paper to fold and staple in place. No “pleather” tag, and we’re in a concierge suite. I guess I should be happy I don’t have to print them from an emailed attachment, 😂.

You get them at the SSS level points, not based on your suite.

There was a large thread about this in the summer. Sorry do not know how to attach it to this thread. 
Totally agree.

We were very disappointed by the cheap white luggage tags. We too, thought this tacky. We have a large collection of luggage tags from other cruises which put Regent to shame. 
The whole pre cruise experience was disappointingly plain received online as a print yourself etc. 

Now I know others do not care, prefer to have everything on Smart phones etc. However Wi-Fi can be iffy in some parts of the world and can cause issues.

• Like 2

In the UK we haven't had the 'packs' for a while - I think they trialled this with the UK/Europe (much to our chagrin) then have rolled it out to US guests. We didn't get the pack for our recent Seabourn cruise either (in fact we had to print off our own tags).

I don't credit them with total altruism, but all the cruise lines are trying to improve their environmental credentials for example, reducing fuel use, stopping/ significantly reducing the use of single use plastic bottles etc and so from an environmental point of view not sending the packs is far better - reduction in plastic that will go to landfill and a reduction in fuel used to transport them to guests all over the world (if they don't send the paper ones either 😜) and of course, whilst doing good, it saves a bit of money too.

• Like 2

They do the job that they are meant to do, get your luggage to the correct cabin. If this upsets you, be prepared for a few more disappointments. My recent onboard experience (you can read my detailed trip report in another post) was mostly very good with a few bumps along the way. The food, especially the lobster and steak (filet mignon) had a few big misses and destination services was less than stellar (I am being kind). My advice is to enjoy the good stuff that Regent does (most things) and shake off the things that don’t go as expected. In the end you paid a lot of money for your cruise, don’t let the small stuff become big stuff.

• Like 5

The cruse lines lost BILLIONS with the 2 year shutdown.  They need to recover.  The faux leather pouch was pretty worthless really.  Just the fact they still send luggage tags is something.  Royal Caribbean stopped that YEARS ago.  You had a choice of downloading and printing your own tags, having tags added at the port, or paying (I think) $15 and have them mailed to you.  

Honestly, we download everything to our phones (no need for cell service as the important docs. are saved on the phone) and don't print anything.  Much cleaner and easier in my opinion.  

But every penny saved pre-cruise is a penny they don't need to save on the ship. 

• Like 5

18 hours ago, runnerswife said:

If Regent wants to cut back, fine, but at least for the first time Regent crusers please make them feel special, which is what Regent is supposed to be.  Hopefully the cut backs don't carry over. 

I'd rather they cut back on luggage tags than on the top-shelf spirits!

16 hours ago, mtnestr2011 said:

Right. And who prints anything anymore anyway?

• Like 5

On 10/17/2023 at 11:18 AM, Techno123 said:

As my granny used to say, look after the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves 😁

I heard that too....just didn't realize those pounds would be around my waistline rather than in my wallet...!  😇

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 10/16/2023 at 4:43 PM, runnerswife said:

We are on the Splendor t/a on Nov. 20th.  Received our luggage tags in the mail today in a plain whlte

envelope with our cruise details.  That's it!!!!  No leather (?) name tags, not that we need them, nothing.

When we did our first Regent just prior to covid we were so excited to get this lovely leather like envelope with 

leather name tags and our luggage tags, etc.  Then it became paper like folder and now it is just a plain

envelope.  Very disappointed....Not that we Need any of these things, just makes you feel a bit special.

If Regent wants to cut back, fine, but at least for the first time Regent crusers please make them feel

special, which is what Regent is supposed to be.  Hopefully the cut backs don't carry over.  As of now,, we

still love Regent.  Mary & Bill

I TOTALLY agree! 1st cruise on Regent/ Grandeur. I expected a travel / document case equal to the experience they are selling. I thought it interesting that they don't want the luggage  tags on until you arrive at your destination 🤔 the tags wouldn't survive a light rain, let alone a flight! It makes me nervous  😓 

1 hour ago, seasidemn said:

I TOTALLY agree! 1st cruise on Regent/ Grandeur. I expected a travel / document case equal to the experience they are selling. I thought it interesting that they don't want the luggage  tags on until you arrive at your destination 🤔 the tags wouldn't survive a light rain, let alone a flight! It makes me nervous  😓 

The old ones wouldn't survive a flight, either, assuming you are referring to the ones that identify your deck.  Those older ones had a sticky back- you looped them through your luggage handle and stuck the ends together.  Definitely not to be attached before your flight...they'd likely be torn off by the airline when you check your bags for the flight. The "pleather" ones that are no longer sent out were simply ID tags...name/address/phone etc.

• Like 1

@seasidemn - what are you nervous about? the tags sent are only to enable delivery to your suite (either from the hotel or the actual port) not for the plane journey - your airline uses their own paper tags for that 😁.

So many of the packs ended in landfill plus the cost/air miles of posting them all out. Regent aren't the only cruise line to have stopped sending them - Seabourn have too (well certainly to UK guests)

Edited by Techno123
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, seasidemn said:

@seasidemn just put them on prior to boarding the ship. It is mainly for your suite number anyway and I  use seperate sturdy tags with name and phone number always attached to my luggage.

@Techno123 agree with you re Seabourn. It is also to Australians and from my friends in the USA it's the same. I have some spare unused ones maybe I can cash them in and sell them on eBay.😄

• Haha 2