Uber in Boston

Medfield98

1 hour ago, Medfield98 said:

Is Uber allowed to drop off directly at the ship. I was told they can only drop at a Dunkin Donut about 3 blocks away meaning you are stuck rolling your luggage and managing a cane if use one.

DD is too far to walk with luggage.  We have been dropped off at the pier before.  Boston does not like ride-sharing, it's horrible at the airport.

We were just there and I priced Lyft to Fenway Park.  Lyft was to pick us up right outside the pier.

3 hours ago, Trailcon said:

DW and I just returned from the 12  day repositioning cruise on Seranade of the Seas.  We were able to pick up and Uber right outside the terminal in Boston.

Trailcon-was the repositioning at beginning of Summer season in Boston or a few weeks ago?

• 4 months later...

How difficult is it to get Uber from the Boston port to Newton, MA? Is it best to pre-book?

What about pre-booked private transfers? Is the pick-up in the same area as for the Ubers?

We are sailing on Celebrity Eclipse. What time can we likely disembark with luggage?

5 minutes ago, cruislovin said:

How difficult is it to get Uber from the Boston port to Newton, MA? Is it best to pre-book?

No need to prebook. Plenty of Ubers around there at all times of day. 

5 minutes ago, cruislovin said:

What about pre-booked private transfers? Is the pick-up in the same area as for the Ubers?

Yes, Boston's cruise terminal isn't nearly as well laid out as most. It's a converted commercial pier. 

6 minutes ago, cruislovin said:

What time can we likely disembark with luggage?

This will entirely depend on the type of accomodation booked and your status with Celebrity. You'll know ahead of time with your disembarkation tags or you can ask them now. 

9 minutes ago, princeton123211 said:

No need to prebook. Plenty of Ubers around there at all times of day. 

Yes, Boston's cruise terminal isn't nearly as well laid out as most. It's a converted commercial pier. 

This will entirely depend on the type of accomodation booked and your status with Celebrity. You'll know ahead of time with your disembarkation tags or you can ask them now. 

Thank you, but no tags involved if we self-carry our luggage. I am looking for the time that disbembarkation generally starts when the ship arrival is listed as 7 AM.

1 hour ago, cruislovin said:

Thank you, but no tags involved if we self-carry our luggage. I am looking for the time that disbembarkation generally starts when the ship arrival is listed as 7 AM.

Got it-- no one can say for sure (you could be delayed, the folks at Immigration could be taking their time or being extra vigilant, etc but I would say usually an hour or so after your official docking time you would be able to self disembark. The terminal (it's hard calling it that, it's more like a big industrial shed) at Boston is very small by cruise standards. You're off the ship and curbside within a minute. 

54 minutes ago, princeton123211 said:

Got it-- no one can say for sure (you could be delayed, the folks at Immigration could be taking their time or being extra vigilant, etc but I would say usually an hour or so after your official docking time you would be able to self disembark. The terminal (it's hard calling it that, it's more like a big industrial shed) at Boston is very small by cruise standards. You're off the ship and curbside within a minute. 

Thank you for the info!

On 3/15/2024 at 2:43 PM, princeton123211 said:

the folks at Immigration could be taking their time or being extra vigilant, etc

This is good advice if the port prior to Boston is not in the U.S.  But the Eclipse is doing some NE/Canada cruises RT out of Boston, where the final port call after Canada is Portland, and so immigration will be handled there.