Explora Journeys Please Fix Your IT Systems -- this is becoming a joke.

PaulMCO

30 minutes ago, cruisingxpert said:

Does the deck plan show that the bed can be converted to twin beds?  Unlike quite a few other lines, most of Explora cabins do not convert to twin beds.

@cruisingxpert That is a very good question.  OS suites allow for twin beds in category 0S-2.  The cabin I got shows Twin beds and bath tub with connecting rooms option.  The deck plan shows which Suites have and don't have twin beds.  

Great questions.

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

10 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

OS suites allow for twin beds in category 0S-2.  The cabin I got shows Twin beds and bath tub with connecting rooms option.  The deck plan shows which Suites have and don't have twin beds.  

By OS I assume you are referring to the OT categories. I know the cabins you are referring to.  I have 7082 and 7084 booked- not because of the twin beds in 7082 but because it has a bathtub.  My friend loves a bathtub and we wanted our own cabins but wanted to be able to go back and forth between cabins.  OT 3 does have cabins with twin beds without being a connecting cabin.

Hope you have a great cruise.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, PaulMCO said:

@Waltershipman logged on for our January cruise, it was missing on the weekend and appeared today LOL.  Was able to set the bedding and liquor preferences as well as update my passport. 

I just saw both segments of my January B2B finally listed and was able to select my preferences, but I keep getting an error message when I attempt to finalize my choices. 

• Thanks 2

15 hours ago, Waltershipman said:

Thanks Gary

I am able to view my reservation but nothing else to do now for a late January cruise. It does list my account owed balance. I am curious how you are able to personalize at this time as I did not see preferences or the like

Thanks

It all shows up now Thank you very much

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, PaulMCO said:

Might I suggest you try the My Explora APP and do it on the phone to check in.   Never could get the Web version to work.   Do you have a B2B itinerary??  If so you need to wait until that one is also within the window.  The APP says the Window is 90 days - last year it said same and was actually 60 days.

@Sthrngary  love it...  We have two English Bulldogs, one who is named appropriately Churchill..

@Waltershipman logged on for our January cruise, it was missing on the weekend and appeared today LOL.  Was able to set the bedding and liquor preferences as well as update my passport. 

Great info thank you. I noticed the mattress bedding  choice was firm or flexible.  I recall from our October cruise that the bed was on the firm side.  Have you or  anyone else experienced the flexible mattress. 

I might be too micro managing my possible experiences  but that may be my way of expressing excitement for  a cruise that is 7 months away lol

THANKS TO ALL

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Waltershipman said:

Great info thank you. I noticed the mattress bedding  choice was firm or flexible.  I recall from our October cruise that the bed was on the firm side.  Have you or  anyone else experienced the flexible mattress. 

I might be too micro managing my possible experiences  but that may be my way of expressing excitement for  a cruise that is 7 months away lol

THANKS TO ALL

Is there a middle ground?  Can they add a pillow top to the firm mattress?  [There's no way to firm up a too-soft one.]

On 7/3/2024 at 11:48 PM, Waltershipman said:

That might be the one they refer to as flexible  aka journey mattress lol

It is.  We were offered a pad, as my wife thought the mattress was too firm. They do not offer another mattress as that would be a nightmare to keep changing.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, PaulMCO said:

It is.  We were offered a pad, as my wife thought the mattress was too firm. They do not offer another mattress as that would be a nightmare to keep changing.

Thank you  very helpful