The Key - "fast lane" for activities?

19 hours ago, Daghis said:

I was shocked to see that our 14-night transatlantic coming up on Sunday is offering The Key for $49.99/day. Other than the daily internet benefit, it seems to me that the majority of value of The Key comes from the beginning and end of the cruise, I figure I must be missing something that The Key offers if this price is perceived as fair.

I am sailing out of Southampton on Anthem next summer and the Key has fluctuated between $24 and $49 several times. I grabbed it at $24 as it was only a couple of dollars more than internet. Keep an eye on it 😀 

Edited by TravelinTess

6 hours ago, TravelinTess said:

I am sailing out of Southampton on Anthem next summer and the Key has fluctuated between $24 and $49 several times. I grabbed it at $24 as it was only a couple of dollars more than internet. Keep an eye on it 😀 

Just grabbed The Key @ $18.99 pp for our AUS/NZ cruise in February and our Arctic Circle cruise in May. Great price!

• Thanks 2

17 hours ago, Mum2Mercury said:

My husband doesn't like the Ice Show, so I go alone.  I LOVE the Ice Show.  Being alone, I have always been able to score a front-row seat.  Believe me, the Ice Show is BEST from the front row!  

DW is the same your husband.  She'll go once but that is it.  I go at least two times.  I love the Ice shows.  You are right the front row is the best way to see them.

23 hours ago, LeeW said:

Not sure what ship you are on but on ships with ice shows you get special seating.  But we prefer the regular seating.  Same for diving show.  Same for theater.  So what we would get is internet for each of us.  But we split one internet login, so that isn't worth it.  And a lunch when you get onboard.

Have never seen fast lines for things like Abyss, but that line is generally only a few people long.  Same for zip line (Oasis class).  Normal line on flowrider is 6 or 7 people if they are busy.

As others have said, it only really works if it is a few dollars over the internet prices AND you want internet for each person in your group.  Remember that you can buy 4 logins cheaper than buying 4 separate single login packages.  Do your research on this board about the Key and you will likely find out it doesn't make much sense.

If you get the Key, do you still have to reserve seatings for the ice shows ?

On 10/24/2023 at 9:39 AM, skaberriecake said:

Great price!! I doubt ours will get that low (7 day Harmony during the spring break rush)

I think we only have 1 tender port, need to double check.

Harmony never has a tender. No oasis class gets tendered

My husband and I are both seniors, 71 & 74.  I purchased the key for our Allure cruise in 2022. Boarding was so easy, less than 10 minutes for an Oasis Class ship.  We headed straight to the dining room to drop off our carry on bags. Next we checked in at our muster station and then back to the main dining room for a quiet, Chops lunch.  No more crazy WJ with tons of people.  After lunch we reserved shows and walked around the ship.  Rooms were ready at 1pm and as promised luggage was waiting for us in our room. I especially enjoyed the reserved seating at shows. Getting off the ship was stress free with a nice breakfast and quick departure.  Luggage was in an area marked for key people and very easy to locate.  Having internet was nice but we enjoyed the other perks much more.  I bought the key for our Symphony  cruise in 2024 but will reprice if lower for Black Friday sales. For me the key was worth the extra money. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, FunaC said:

Are you able to get a price adjustment if the KEY becomes lower in price?

You would cancel your current Key order and then add it at the lower price. Do this on the website, not in the app. 

As someone who has used the key several times.  If you can show up before first boarding times, you will be on within 30 minutes of the key.  The activities included is worthwhile if you would considering booking the FlowRider for a private session, but it doesn’t really matter for anything else.  It is like buying the internet, but since everyone is supposed to buy the key 2 people in a cabin means you each have internet, but in reality, unless you live on the internet you can share one package.  Unfortunately, you have way more than 2 people in the cabin, it is going to cost a fortune for you all to have the key.  You can buy Chops lunch reasonably if you want that do that.  Do not buy the key.😇

jc

• Like 2