Latest we can get off ship?

luv_to_cruz2

Hi

We are on the Panorama in January.  We have a flight out of LAX at 5pm so are trying to decide between getting the Carnival shuttle to the airport or renting a car close to the port and doing some stuff along the way.

2 Questions:

1...what is the latest we can get off the ship?

2...what is the latest the shuttle runs to LAX? (can't seem to find this info)

Anyone's help here would be appreciated!!

19 minutes ago, luv_to_cruz2 said:

You have to be out of your room by 8:30.  If no US Customs issues, all passengers are usually required to be off the ship by 10am-ish.  US Customs can't clear the ship for boarding until everyone is off the ship ( i.e., has been cleared ).

6 hours ago, luv_to_cruz2 said:

Hi

We are on the Panorama in January.  We have a flight out of LAX at 5pm so are trying to decide between getting the Carnival shuttle to the airport or renting a car close to the port and doing some stuff along the way.

2 Questions:

2...what is the latest the shuttle runs to LAX? (can't seem to find this info)

Anyone's help here would be appreciated!!

U cannot check into the airport until three hours before your flight 

We have started booking day rooms for our late flights home. Check out resort for a day website. Also some resorts have day passes. Check the hotel websites. You don't get a room but you have somewhere to chill for the day with a shower, bathrooms and restaurants. Not to mention some of the hotels have very large lobbies to relax and unwind. Many have nooks and crannies away from the public. 

We’ve cruised once from Long Beach and had a red eye home. We had arranged for the hotels we stayed at pre-cruise to hold our bags after the cruise. So we took a taxi back to the hotel and store our bags and then walked around until we found a nice little sports bar. We ended up settling in for a day of eating, a little drinking and watching a lot of football! Lol it ended up being a great afternoon. We around LB a bit more in the early evening before heading back to the hotel, grabbing out bags and getting a car to take us to LAX. It was a long day, but we enjoyed it! 

As others have said you probably won't be able to stay on any later than 10am. I had a late flight out of Orlando in February and worked it where I was the absolute last person off of Magic. That was at 9:40. As others have said I couldn't check my bags until three hours before the flight.

My suggestion if you haven't seen the Queen Mary yet, maybe walk over there and do a little tour. Maybe the front desk would let you leave your bags there. I don't know if or when their restaurants open for lunch but maybe grab a little lunch.

Then uber/lyft. I think you're more likely to get a better uber/lyft price after most of the ship has left. And when people for the next cruise are arriving from the airport because those drivers want people to take back to the airport on their return trip.

Or if there was a tour you wanted to do in LA you could find luggage storage there.