Second Brisbane terminal??

bazzaw

3 hours ago, JohnGc said:

Do you reckon they would be a good fit from BICC to the airport when disembarking from the Quantum ?

We got a Conn Xion transfer from BICT to the airport a few weeks ago. It was very efficient and we were quite happy. I think it was $40 for 2 people.

Edited by Relaxing Robbies
extra info added
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, JohnGc said:

Do you reckon they would be a good fit from BICC to the airport when disembarking from the Quantum ?

They do that run, check them out on line. Note that for one or two people, the prices were not bad, for more a cab would be cheaper if you can get one.

20 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

They do that run, check them out on line. Note that for one or two people, the prices were not bad, for more a cab would be cheaper if you can get one.

When we disembarked from our last few cruises into the BICT there have been at least two dozen taxis lined up waiting for customers.

1 hour ago, Relaxing Robbies said:

We got a Conn Xion transfer from BICT to the airport a few weeks ago. It was very efficient and we were quite happy. I think it was $40 for 2 people.

Thank you for the info.Thats not a bad cost. Did you have to book them before the cruise ?

25 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

25 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

They sound like that may be the answer for us as there would be three adults with luggage, I think we would be pushing our luck trying to get it all in a cab boot. Thank you for your input.

16 minutes ago, JohnGc said:

Thank you for the info.Thats not a bad cost. Did you have to book them before the cruise ?

We saw them at the terminal on boarding day, spoke to their rep about availability, and then made an online booking for an appropriate shuttle time for the day of our disembarkation.

17 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

When we disembarked from our last few cruises into the BICT there have been at least two dozen taxis lined up waiting for customers.

Thank you. Did think about the taxis but we are a bit concerned about three adults luggage fitting in the boot. I also wondered if the cabs could cater for the amount of passengers from the Quantum.

Just now, Relaxing Robbies said:

We saw them at the terminal on boarding day, spoke to their rep about availability, and then made an online booking for an appropriate shuttle time for the day of our disembarkation.

Brilliant. That being the case I will probably book on line before the cruise. Had a quick look at the cost and for 2 adults concession and 1 adult cost is $55. quite reasonable I reckon. Thank you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

We have always booked in advance.

Thank you everyone. Yes I will be booking in advance. It is early days before our cruise but I do enjoy planning early and every thing ticked off.

Cheers John.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JohnGc said:

They sound like that may be the answer for us as there would be three adults with luggage, I think we would be pushing our luck trying to get it all in a cab boot. Thank you for your input.

You can use what we call a 'maxi taxi'. They are vans that seat eight people so could easily take three adults and luggage. After our last couple of cruises there were four or five maxi taxis lined up waiting for customers along with 20 or so normal taxis. The taxi marshall was simply asking people who walked up to the 'line' if anyone needed a maxi taxi. Last Monday two maxis sat at the start of the line waiting for someone who needed one. We only needed a normal cab so we took the next one.

35 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

You can use what we call a 'maxi taxi'. They are vans that seat eight people so could easily take three adults and luggage. After our last couple of cruises there were four or five maxi taxis lined up waiting for customers along with 20 or so normal taxis. The taxi marshall was simply asking people who walked up to the 'line' if anyone needed a maxi taxi. Last Monday two maxis sat at the start of the line waiting for someone who needed one. We only needed a normal cab so we took the next one.

Thats very interesting thank you. I like the idea and will look into that. Could work out at a lower cost.

Cheers John.

1 minute ago, MicCanberra said:

Most likely for 3 or more pax.

Thanks, Ideal for the three of us. Just had a look and slightly more cost than the Con-X. I am still wondering if they will account for the amount of passengers from the Quantum or play safe with a booking for Con-X. Plenty of time to decide.🙂 

1 hour ago, JohnGc said:

Thanks, Ideal for the three of us. Just had a look and slightly more cost than the Con-X. I am still wondering if they will account for the amount of passengers from the Quantum or play safe with a booking for Con-X. Plenty of time to decide.🙂 

Personally, I would go with the certainty of having my ride waiting for me if it is only a few dollars however, if the amount is much higher than the chances of the maxi cabs takes more of a position in my considerations.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Personally, I would go with the certainty of having my ride waiting for me if it is only a few dollars however, if the amount is much higher than the chances of the maxi cabs takes more of a position in my considerations.

According to my false booking for the Maxi cab it is a $1 difference to Con-X. I am tending towards the Con-X but I would have to give them a time of pickup. Although I am going to the airport it is only to pick up my car in the Long parking bays. Flying overseas to embark on the Quantum. When booking the parking I am going to overstate my exit time, this means I can disembark in Brisbane as late as possible. Not sure what time that would be on the Quantum. Using a Maxi cab on the ranks I can change my mind  to disembark any time. Parking at the airport is only slightly more cost than Andrews parking minus the shuttles. Had a bad experience once ( not Andrews ) at the Gold Coast where they shifted my car around and caused some damage that they denied doing ( of course ) cost me my excess on insurance, expensive parking in the end.Parking at the airport the car is not shifted. I realise even there it can get damaged but I think less chance than some one else parking it.

Thanks to everyone for all the info on Con X transfers, we have another cruise from BICT in February.

Last cruise from there we stayed at Kingsford Smith Motel and got a free transfer to the ship, I believe they do not offer that anymore.

On disembarkation we grabbed a maxi taxi with another couple to the airport and were charged $60 per couple, they know how to charge!!

This time we are staying at the Airport Novotel the night before, so will need a transfer to ship then when we disembark back to airport, so will try Con X.

I don't mind the sail away from Brisbane, its a change and nice scenery between the islands.

We pay $38 for the two of us to train it from Sydney airport to Circular Quay, then walk to our hotel, so another $20 isn't breaking the bank.......and our cruises are so much cheaper from Brisbane😁

• Like 3

On 10/31/2023 at 11:30 AM, arxcards said:

I agree that that stuff all needs doing. I just can't see there will ever be an appetite for those in charge to improve the corridor beyond patching potholes.

I would also like to see them spend money to provide a better first impression of Brisbane. Portside was nice, but arriving up the river on ships like Pacific Dawn or Dawn Princess wasn't a pretty experience either.

With so much tidal land around those roads, it is expensive to keep a good base under them. I certainly think it could be made a better quality road at least tas far as the Tangalooma Ferry. With so many private land holders along the stretch and industrial neighbours, it is going to be hard to make it look attractive.

There is always that battle of who needs to spend the money between the ports, Brisbane City Council. or the QLD government It isn't necessarily about votes, but everything seems to be cycled through a cost/benefit analysis whenever a govt department wants to upgrade anything.

We could build those walls like they do on freeways, and paint tropical scenes on them.

Make people feel like their traveling through a tropical paradise.🤣

• Haha 3

53 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

We could build those walls like they do on freeways, and paint tropical scenes on them.

Make people feel like their traveling through a tropical paradise.🤣

Or you could treat the weeds , cut the grass and plant native plants / trees . Thought thats what government was to do but too involved in transport...... take the port out...

17 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Do what you feel is best, the transfers may or may not be suitable.

Thank you. We have decided to use Con-X. Nice to have a guaranteed ride. Thank you all for your helpful suggestions.🙂

• Like 4