Brilliance of the Seas Cabin Selection

Hi all,

Did a bid for a Royal Up and surprisingly we got a cabin for not a great deal of money!😁

We have been allocated 1068. Now I did know that most JS cabins were under the Windjammer.

Just wondering whether anyone has stayed in this cabin recently and had a lot of noise?

There also is 1598 available,  (not sure whether we can change) and I have seen the obstruction and that doesn’t bother us greatly, but did wonder whether that cabin might be a little hot for the tropics.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Just now, resordanis said:

Hi all,

Did a bid for a Royal Up and surprisingly we got a cabin for not a great deal of money!😁

We have been allocated 1068. Now I did know that most JS cabins were under the Windjammer.

Just wondering whether anyone has stayed in this cabin recently and had a lot of noise?

There also is 1598 available,  (not sure whether we can change) and I have seen the obstruction and that doesn’t bother us greatly, but did wonder whether that cabin might be a little hot for the tropics.

, even though it is a little larger balcony.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Stick with 1068. There will be some noise from the Windjammer but nothing to bad. Mainly chairs being moved around. 1598 is a long walk to the stairs or elevators.

You can move cabins in the same category so keep checking for one on deck 9 if you want.

6 minutes ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

Stick with 1068. There will be some noise from the Windjammer but nothing to bad. Mainly chairs being moved around. 1598 is a long walk to the stairs or elevators.

You can move cabins in the same category so keep checking for one on deck 9 if you want.

Thanks I will keep checking although our preferred position on a ship is AFT, but if it is the same noise we will stay where we are.

JS1068 isn't directly under the eating area of WJ it is under the outdoor area of the WJ.   Should be less noisy.

1598 is decent with a slightly bigger balcony but there is the top of the outdoor staircase platform and metal framing to the right.   No true aft view.   

Tough choice.....I would probably stay with 1068 unless a better option opens up.

15 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

JS1068 isn't directly under the eating area of WJ it is under the outdoor area of the WJ.   Should be less noisy.

1598 is decent with a slightly bigger balcony but there is the top of the outdoor staircase platform and metal framing to the right.   No true aft view.   

Tough choice.....I would probably stay with 1068 unless a better option opens up.

Thanks I will stay but check regularly for something on deck 9.

33 minutes ago, resordanis said:

Just noticed that all JS’s are on deck10.? Not sure what would be a better choice🤔

JS1100 is the best JS on the Radiance Class...
JS1602 looks like it has a deep balcony just not as wide as 1100.
I haven't stayed in 1602 so can't compare 

42 minutes ago, LilBlackDress said:

JS1100 is the best JS on the Radiance Class...
JS1602 looks like it has a deep balcony just not as wide as 1100.
I haven't stayed in 1602 so can't compare 

Yes, I know 1100 is a very good cabin, you never know what happens I guess. We just cancelled the current voyage of Brilliance and had an absolutely fantastic AFT balcony on deck 9, so someone at the last minute got our prized cabin, so I guess something could change. We will stay with 1068 at the moment.Husband is just from surgery so might be better, just this once to be near and elevator.

Thanks for the advice!

• Like 3

When we had a similar choice on a sister ship, we took 1598.  DH especially likes to sit in the shade, and the extended area of the balcony in 1598 tends to be shady….perfect  We liked having the extra balcony space.  We had no issue with the long walk to the cabin, though others might.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

When we had a similar choice on a sister ship, we took 1598.  DH especially likes to sit in the shade, and the extended area of the balcony in 1598 tends to be shady….perfect  We liked having the extra balcony space.  We had no issue with the long walk to the cabin, though others might.

Can I ask, was the cabin noisy from above? 

6 hours ago, resordanis said:

Can I ask, was the cabin noisy from above? 

It was quiet.

Come to think of it, that was another reason I chose 1598.  An old post said 1598 was quiet and I could not find any info about my other option.  

Congrats on the upgrade.  It sounds like you have two decent choices…an especially sweet RoyalUp win

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

11 hours ago, resordanis said:

Thanks I will stay but check regularly for something on deck 9.

There are no JS on deck 9. 1598 has an obstructed view. I would stick with 1068.We have sailed in the OS next door, and didn't notice any noise at night. One benefit is that you will have a solid wall between your cabin and the OS, so a bit more privacy on your balcony.😇

8 hours ago, Starry Eyes said:

We had no issue with the long walk to the cabin, though others might.

We measured that walk out once on Brilliance and it is more than 100 yards👴

• Like 1

2 hours ago, orville99 said:

We measured that walk out once on Brilliance and it is more than 100 yards👴

For us that was not an issue, though we certainly try not to forget items in the cabin.  The distance is an issue for some people.  Everyone needs to make their own choices.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Starry Eyes said:

For us that was not an issue, though we certainly try not to forget items in the cabin.  The distance is an issue for some people.  Everyone needs to make their own choices.

Our biggest problem was making sure we were on the correct side of the ship when we went back to the cabi

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Starry Eyes said:

Walking isn’t the issue for us either, I néed the exercise!

Edited by resordanis
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Starry Eyes said:

It was quiet.

Come to think of it, that was another reason I chose 1598.  An old post said 1598 was quiet and I could not find any info about my other option.  

Congrats on the upgrade.  It sounds like you have two decent choices…an especially sweet RoyalUp win

Yes, quite surprised with the Royal Up. If they had waited a week or two I might have upped by bid!

41 minutes ago, resordanis said:

Yes, quite surprised with the Royal Up. If they had waited a week or two I might have upped by bid!

Plusgrade had no way to know if you might cancel your bid, increase your bid or just hold steady if they had waited a week or two.  As you were thinking of increasing, it is just as well they are not mind readers.

• Like 2